Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
God exists...
    #2988527 - 08/10/04 11:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

... I'm him. :laugh:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: God exists... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2988534 - 08/10/04 11:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

can I have your autograph  :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: God exists... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2988550 - 08/10/04 11:15 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

But of course, and i'll give you so much more my child, so very much more..

Man omnipotence of mind is such a gas!!

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2988564 - 08/10/04 11:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Come on, isn't anyone gonna science me to death about this?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2988565 - 08/10/04 11:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

as long as you use your talents in way to help people and the world around you

more power to ya LF  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlineferago2
gnubie
    #2988575 - 08/10/04 11:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:

Define what you mean by God, and we can start, if you like :p

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: God exists... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2988583 - 08/10/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
as long as you use your talents in way to help people and the world around you

more power to ya LF  :grin:

That's what god does. If he didn't he'd be satan. The big guy is about to do a final clean up on this planet anyway, it's just nice to shift love into someone's life early.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2988596 - 08/10/04 11:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i wrote this in another thread, but hey you can read it as well :laugh:

faith and love go hand in hand. Every act of love and compassion is also an act of faith. there's a faith in yourself, and faith in the world around you. Go ahead and try an act of compassion for just one day, and you may see that this absurd world could be seen in a different light. When you do an act of kindness, you never have to question what you do, or why you do it. The amount of kindness doesn't even matter, just doing it does. A smile is one of the best ways to start off a day, wouldn't you agree?

Acts of kindness doesn't take away from how absurd the world is for when you act out of faith and love, you may start wondering why others aren't joining in. Acts of compassion never warrent something in return, because you will have faith by yourside. You will know you've done well when that wonder reaction we call a smile comes beaming from the other person.

When you touch a soul in this way, you won't need anything else. How about we start being a service to others instead of ourselves? It's way more fulfilling this way. You don't have to "go out of your way" because there is no out of your way. there's just the way.

Smile and seize the day everyday! more than that, seize the moment of every "moment" The heart of inspiration comes from the fulfillment of every moment you sit back and fully take in. All of this starts, ends, and breathes through faith and love.

compassion

Love

creativity

all this leads to and enrichment that goes way beyond what material possessions could ever give us.

SO smile today S&P...and have faith and love wherever you go, and in whatever you do.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: God exists... [Re: ferago2]
    #2988607 - 08/10/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ferago2 said:
Quote:

Lightningfractal said:

Define what you mean by God, and we can start, if you like :p

I must be able to define god in order to qualify for a discussion? Those are some fairly hefty terms don't you think?

How pray tell, may love be defined utilizing a manmade language?

You answer me that, and then we will begin.

--------------------

Offlineferago2
gnubie
    #2988669 - 08/10/04 11:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I can't say whether or not you are God if you won't tell me what you define God to mean. If you say God means "a talking avocado" then you aren't God. If you say God means "someone with control over his own life and experiences who can achieve, or at least give a good try, at what he wants" then you are God.

Obviously, these aren't the meanings you have in mind, but my point is this: Do you mean by God you are Zeus, God of thunder and king of the olympians? You probably aren't. Do you mean you are the Judeo-Chritstian God, sitting in the clouds observing and judging humanity?

I'm trying to make a point here, God means a lot of things to a lot of different people, and it's hard to have a meaningful discussion about it unless you say what you mean when you use it :p

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: God exists... [Re: ferago2]
    #2988732 - 08/10/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think most people define god as the 'because' behind the 'is'.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: God exists... [Re: deff]
    #2989319 - 08/11/04 03:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

we are all everything, but apparently we are not everything all at once. Although our true nature may be that of godhood, or encompassing the all, we are having a human experience (props to shroomism) . Like a hologram the whole is contained in every part. This means that although you are a human, god, or his image, is indeed inside of you, accesable.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: God exists... [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2989454 - 08/11/04 03:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

And so am i.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: God exists... [Re: psikooz]
    #2990314 - 08/11/04 10:39 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It's love. God is love. Love is God.

It's when YOU ARE, not just when you say "I love so and so." It's when you're blown away by it.

When YOU ARE love for every single thing on Earth and beyond and yourself, then you are god.

I LOVE, therefore I AM!! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #2990548 - 08/11/04 11:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
It's love. God is love. Love is God.

It's when YOU ARE, not just when you say "I love so and so." It's when you're blown away by it.

When YOU ARE love for every single thing on Earth and beyond and yourself, then you are god.

I LOVE, therefore I AM!! :thumbup:

took the words right out of my mouth.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: God exists... [Re: Vulture]
    #2990634 - 08/11/04 12:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alrighty then, since there don't seem to be any more further objections I'll assume that everyone here read this thread, thought about what was said, changed their lives accordingly if nescessary, realized that they are god too, and so we can now consider this matter resolved.

Right?

--------------------

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #2990922 - 08/11/04 01:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey God...get off my Mom.

"Beloved, let us love one another. For love is of God and everyone that loves is born of God and knows God. He that loves not knows not God for God is love"

1st John 4:7-8

In some places Paul's letters have some good stuff.

But anyway, yeah, I consider this matter resolved.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: God exists... [Re: Source]
    #2992736 - 08/11/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

What you're searching for is what's searching.

Interesting.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology