Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
guns don't kill people...
    #2268839 - 01/24/04 05:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

people kill people.... :smirk:

but it certainly does help doesn't it??

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: guns don't kill people... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2268856 - 01/24/04 05:16 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Old age kills people too.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: guns don't kill people... [Re: Evolving]
    #2268864 - 01/24/04 05:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

so does fighting. what are they fighting for.....

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#2268888 - 01/24/04 05:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hell if I know, I'm a man of peace (unless attacked).

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2268891 - 01/24/04 05:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Guns don't kill people, paranoia, fear and hate kill them... guns just make it really easy. Rather than disallowing people from having them we should be working on creating healthy pysches. But how can a psychopathic culture create healthy psyches?

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: guns don't kill people... [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2268909 - 01/24/04 05:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The pharmaceutical companies are working on a solution right now.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: guns don't kill people... [Re: Evolving]
    #2268911 - 01/24/04 05:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yes unless you are attacked. man violence to me is basically an agressive way of saying I'm right and you're wrong. hate, greed, anxiety even, all power struggles, and most really don't help is in the long run.

what would you do if someone attacked you? so say you duke it out with them. when do you stop? when they stop? how about if they take it to the next level?

a gun is the next level. it's above any real honor. violence really isn't much to me, but at least any "disputes" we do have can be settled with fists, legs and the mind.

why not war with words than with guns?

is hate with words just as bad as hate with a gun?

--------------------

Invisibleraytrace
Stranger

#2268925 - 01/24/04 05:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

No, guns kill people. Guns are really a life form that co-evolves with peoples as a parasite. They use people?s actions for their metabolism, reproduction and maintenance of themselves and evolve through time. The killing of people is a merely one of the mechanism of selection for the fittest model to survive.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#2268934 - 01/24/04 05:45 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
what would you do if someone attacked you? so say you duke it out with them. when do you stop? when they stop? how about if they take it to the next level?

My first response is to remove myself from the attacker's line of force. I will resort to some Judo/JiuJitsu moves to try to subdue them as quickly as possible. Then I will check them for weapons (removing them if they are there). Then I leave the vicinity as quickly as possible. I will not hesitate to use deadly force if necessary, I will protect my family. I am not opposed to using any tools at my disposal if they are needed. But, I ALWAYS avoid fights.

I feel it is better to walk away (if possible) and be thought a coward than to engage in a needless fight.

--------------------

Edited by Evolving (01/24/04 05:47 PM)

OfflineDeeBo
Twister

Loc: Upstate
    #2268939 - 01/24/04 05:48 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

People kill people...Stephen King...Needful things

--------------------

Lost before found and now the world is upside down....Looked for the Earth and only found the MOON...Keep telling myself the trip will be over soon

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2268951 - 01/24/04 05:57 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ah, guns don't kill people, it's the PEEOPLE that Kill PEOPLE, because we're the ones who PULL the TRIGGERS, thus, propelling the bullets to penetrate other's flesh and body.

AH, BUT...What causes THAT?

:wink:  

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: guns don't kill people... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2268955 - 01/24/04 05:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hehe yes...but guns sure take away from any communication that could have went on.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2269227 - 01/24/04 07:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Guns are used to kill people, by other people. The fact that they have to be used by a person makes them a tool. Like a hammer. Hammer's don't kill people...but a person could use a hammer to help kill another person :wink:

The personification of tools as an excuse for human behavior is silliness in it's purest form :smirk:

Same flawed argument as "drugs are bad, mmkay?"

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Anonymous

Re: guns don't kill people... [Re: trendal]
    #2269259 - 01/24/04 07:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: guns don't kill people... [Re: ]
    #2269263 - 01/24/04 08:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Good! I've been waiting very impatiently :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #2272217 - 01/25/04 04:35 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I forget who it was that said this, but Guns don't kill people- It's the BULLETS that kill people. yeah it's just the piece of metal ripping through their flesh that kills em. Not the guns.

I feel guns are semi-necessary in certain circumstances, like I wouldn't feel comfortable if the government totally outlawed guns. Then the revolution'd have to come to bombs and shit, and it's harder to asassinate someone cleanly with a bomb. Just ain't safe.

And If I was under the impression someone was attempting to kill me I sure as hell wouldn't mind the thought of having a gun around.
Generally unnecessary things they are.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: guns don't kill people... [Re: KackleDude]
    #2272390 - 01/25/04 05:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

KackleDude said:
Generally unnecessary things they are.

Yoda, is that you? Master, how do you feel about light sabers?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2272406 - 01/25/04 05:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"guns don't kill people................" 

Bullets fired BY GUNS, held by HUMAN hands kill people

but seriously , doesnt air pollution kill people??

and its much more random and scary in a way, dont breath to deep, there are radioactive particles in the air :smile:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2272483 - 01/25/04 06:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really have an opinion about guns and ownership and who does the killing, guns or people.

I also believe that if guns were banned, only the criminals would have them.

However, one of my professors once said that if guns were banned, people wouldn't be able to pick them up so easily, when in a rage, or in a state of passion.

Yes, people kill people, but it's easier to pick up a gun and shoot then to have to go to the kitchen drawer and find a knife, and then go back and find the person you were going to kill.

That person is probably already gone, for one thing. Also, killing with a knife is a little bloodier, and you're more actively involved in the killing, than in a situation with a knife, where you are using the necessary body movements to actively slice through a person's body.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: guns don't kill people... [Re: Frog]
    #2272553 - 01/25/04 06:51 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
However, one of my professors once said that if guns were banned, people wouldn't be able to pick them up so easily, when in a rage, or in a state of passion.

Yes, people kill people, but it's easier to pick up a gun and shoot then to have to go to the kitchen drawer and find a knife, and then go back and find the person you were going to kill.

That person is probably already gone, for one thing.

Generally, guns are just as hard to get to as knives in my experience, so I don't think that matters. Baseball bats work real well, you don't have to get as close as you do with a knife. My friend watched somebody in a parking lot repeatedly run over another person with their car in a fit of anger, then do a burn out on the guy's gut.

I find that illegal drugs are easier to purchase than legal firearms, but I'm sure things will get easier when all guns are made illegal - I won't have to fill out those damn forms or contend with a waiting period or criminal checks.

Anyway, it's silly to blame an inanimate object for the actions of those that use it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale