Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDEnoG
If I kill someone
    #544340 - 02/08/02 01:36 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Do i go to hell?
What about killing other animals?
And why is the sky blue?
But really: how come my dick is so small?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLord_A
Loc: Netherlands
Re: If I kill someone [Re: DEnoG]
    #544529 - 02/08/02 06:55 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

"But really: how come my dick is so small? "

Because all your blood is in your head, you should think a little less and then everything will be alright.

I you kill someone you're just an asshole and who cares if you go to hell. Same for other animals. The sky is blue because it isn't yellow.

--------------------
a strange direction can be a beautiful opportunity

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #544536 - 02/08/02 07:26 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

DEnoG, if you murder someone and die not having repented for it you probably will go to hell. If you kill someone in self defence or in an otherwise morally justified scenerio then there is no sin, and no risk of hell for it. The Lord's forgiveness is infinate and he can forgive you no matter what you've done or who you've hurt.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: If I kill someone [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #544650 - 02/08/02 11:33 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If you kill someone in self defence or in an otherwise morally justified scenerio then there is no sin...
Morally justified by whom? Are Americans the only ones morally justified to take lives? Everyone who kills believes that their actions are just; that the other person or nation got what they deserved.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
    #544659 - 02/08/02 11:43 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

rail_gun is fucking creepy

one of those gun-toting right wing catholic types

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Edited by Lallafa (03/13/09 04:56 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #544712 - 02/08/02 12:27 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I saw this once a long time ago:

Murder is evil,
Evil is sin,
Sin is forgiven,
So do it again!

You are already in hell.
The animals are also in hell, which is why they can be killed.
The sky is blue because light is refracted by the atmosphere.
You dick is small because you aren't currently using it.

Peace

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel

Re: If I kill someone [Re: Lallafa]
    #544748 - 02/08/02 01:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

>>>>rail_gun is fucking creepy, one of those gun-toting right wing catholic types

There's no stereotyping where you come from is there?

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlineinsectvhore
lord of flies

#544782 - 02/08/02 01:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

the only hell there can be is guilt, if you kill an insect and feel guilty that is your hell, if you stab a man to death and rejoice, no sin has been committed, however note that vengeance may be had by other parties involved indirectly, but there is no afterlife in my opinion, no judgement either, things die constantly, nothing is an accident, no one is innocent, all things will die, KILL KILL KILL KILL KILLL!

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
    #544794 - 02/08/02 01:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

IF YOU MURDER SOMETHING AND DIE NOT HAVING REPENTED FOR IT YOU WILL PROBABLY GO TO HELL.
I don't know, but I seriously doubt that The big G (god) is sitting up there on his golden throne watching and thinking..."well BillyBob just cut his wife into 47 pieces, but what the shit?, if he decides to tell me he's really really sorry, I guess I'll still let him into my magic kingdom in the clouds, cause he's basicly a good guy!"

Ever notice how God is what every prison inmate finds when they are trapped in a 10 by 10 cell with a 350 pound dude named bubba. Religion is just another excuse for people to ignore taking responsability for their actions.

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: If I kill someone [Re: Lallafa]
    #544866 - 02/08/02 03:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What Rail_Gun said; repent, be sincere, and the Creator will forgive. Before death, you must also completely surrender to the Lord. Do not think you're your own god, because Allah knows all and you know not. God loves to forgive those who ask for his forgiveness in this world. And on a brighter note, submission to God results in happiness. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #545259 - 02/08/02 10:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

This is actually a "is there a hell" thread. Let me assure you that there is no hell if in fact you are serious. Why?

There is no "right" and "wrong". Right and wrong are terms used to designate that which we agree or don't agree with.

If there is no right and wrong, then there is no rule of thumb God could use to send us to hell.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Edited by Learyfan (02/08/02 10:06 PM)

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel

Re: If I kill someone [Re: Learyfan]
    #545309 - 02/08/02 11:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, there is a hell. Here are some scriptural references:

Psalm 9:17 The wicked shall depart to Sheol, all the nations that forget God.

Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; trembling has seized the godless: "Who among us can dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us can dwell with everlasting burnings?"

Mark 9:43 And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.

Luke 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried;
23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes, and saw Abraham far off and Laz'arus in his bosom.
24 And he called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy upon me, and send Laz'arus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in anguish in this flame.'

Proverbs 9:17 "Stolen water is sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant."
18 But he does not know that the dead are there, that her guests are in the depths of Sheol.

Proverbs 23:13 Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you beat him with a rod, he will not die.
14 If you beat him with the rod you will save his life from Sheol.

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the granary, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire."

Matthew 7:13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

Matthew 8:12 while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth."

Matthew 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 They shall suffer the punishment of eternal destruction and exclusion from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had worked the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulphur.

Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

--------------------

Anonymous

#545345 - 02/09/02 12:25 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Why would god give us free if he wanted robots? Free will was meant for people to take their own path in life. In the evolution standpoint, the only way to logically describe how life started was by adaptation of the smallest molecules which eventually grew into complex structures of survival. For me a reason like that is significant, the real question i ask myself is why are we here?? and that seems to answer it for me. It may sound despressing, but i don't deny the beauty of life. I enjoy every moment. And hope you do too. =)

Anonymous

#545391 - 02/09/02 01:29 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

you back up the existance of hell with scripture? i suppose for all the people that believe the bible is truely the word of god, great... you can all shake your heads together and say "yup, there it is."

got anything convincing for the rest of us?

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #545408 - 02/09/02 01:44 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If you kill someone I will send you a cake with the inscription "Congratulations on your first Murder......Heres to many more in the future....love john"

Killing other animals is ok if your going to eat them....or if you just think it would be cool, like when you fry ants with a magnifying glass.

The sky is blue because the bible says so. So it is written, so shall it be.

Your dick is small because God gave your portion and a few others portions, to me...I know its not really fair, but hey sometimes life isn't fair. Take it up with the big guy upstairs.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel

Re: If I kill someone [Re: Anonymous]
    #545414 - 02/09/02 01:49 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Smack, if you don't believe in God it's doubtful that anything I could say would change your mind. But I know he's real, I feel it in my heart. And he loves you. He died for our sins, to take our penalty so that we wouldn't die in our sins and go to hell. And his name is Jesus Christ. He loves you and wants you and all of us to repent of our sins so we don't go to that terrible place we deserve as penalty for our sins, hell. He was crucified, died, and rose from the dead so that we wouldn't have to go to hell. He loves us so much he died for us. He wants you to be with him and love him as he loves you.

There's really nothing I can tell you to make you believe this, it comes from faith and love. But I pray that someday when you're feeling empty you will call upon the name of the Lord to save your soul. Remember, you are special to God.

Take care and God bless.

--------------------

Anonymous

#545421 - 02/09/02 01:59 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i never said i don't believe in god... i'm just not so sure i believe in hell. and when i say i believe in god, i can't say what that god is or which religion is right (i'm guessing none of them at this point), but i have felt god and do feel god...

Anonymous

#545434 - 02/09/02 02:08 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

No one can live in hell without creating it for themselves and choosing to live in it. You of all people should know that God is of love and understanding...what kind of God of understanding would send someone to BURN in HELL for ALL of ETERNITY for making a bad choice in their short mortal life? That sounds more like a God of hate and judgement and fear...not the kind of God I want ruling my Universe.
My God loves all things, good or bad they are part of it and it embraces them.
No.. I think hell does exist.. I've been there a few times myself. I can say from personal experience that HELL is self created, and you can get out of it at any time.
Personally, (don't tell anyone I told you this) I think hell was a concept created by the Church back in the day to FEAR the Lord. Now why would a God based on Love want to be feared?

God: Ohhhh... In my omniscience and infinite wisdom I have decided to cast any mortal into a pit of fire and brimstone where they will be tormented and suffer and burn for eternity if they do not believe in me when they cant see me.

Not bloody likely
Hmm how many people has the Church killed? The Crusades what?

Anyways.. my God is understanding and loving and nurturing. It knows we all learn at a different pace and in different ways which is why we get this grand opportunity at physical existance. My God understands that under the illusion of physical existance we can become blind to the truth and make mistakes, but that's ok.. We learn from our mistakes, that's the point of living.
Taking responsibility for your own actions is the key.
You want to go live in hell, fine. I'll be wandering the astral plane when you decide to join.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel

Re: If I kill someone [Re: ]
    #545468 - 02/09/02 02:33 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

>>>Not bloody likely
Hmm how many people has the Church killed? The Crusades what?

Don't mistake the catholic church for christianity. The catholic church has done a lot of unchristian things and continues to do crummy things to some extent. This is because the catholic church is an incredibly corrupt and sinful institution.

Jesus taught peace and love and forgiveness of our sins. He dosn't send people to hell, they choose that for themselves if they reject them. We all deserve hell because we're all sinners. God will not allow sin in to his heaven so we must be forgiven before we may enter his heaven. He sent his son Jesus to earth to die as a sacrifice for our sins so that we may all be forgiven and enter in to heaven.

If he was a cruel god as you think he would not have given himself for you. He died so that you could go to heaven and be with him. He was nailed to a cross and bled out all his blood for you. He loves you and desperatly wants you to choose him. If he didn't love you he wouldn't have died for you.

But if we choose to reject him and his sacrifice on the cross for us, he will honor our choice and it is our choice. We can choose to go to hell instead of accepting Christ's mercy. But it is our choice to reject our creator and redeemer. It is our choice to die in our sins.

If you tell Jesus that you're sorry for your sins because you've sinned against him and accept Jesus' sacrifice for your sins and believe that Jesus rose from the dead to give us eternal life he will forgive us our sins and spare us from the eternal fire and suffering we deserve.

Take care and God bless.

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: If I kill someone [Re: ]
    #545476 - 02/09/02 02:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

"We light a candle on an earth we make into hell, and pretend that we're in heaven."

Marylin Manson

Anyhow, if you want to be able to believe in heaven, but you're afraid of hell, you should join the united church. All the good, none of the bad. (This isn't meant for you Shroomism.)

Well, my brain is sliding away, I should be going now, there's work to do.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology