Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEpignostic
Stranger
Loc: Ramona, CA
What most people don't know
    #630817 - 05/14/02 05:38 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Why do people have faith in one God over another? Are religions solely based on faith or do they have factual evidence by which their theology is validated? What most people don't know is that there is, and that it has come to us in the form of fulfillled prophecy. For example, an angel named Gabriel told the prophet Daniel the exact time until the Messiah would come to the Jewish people (Daniel 9:25). This was a total of 69 "weeks", or 69 periods of seven years from the issuing of a decree. This amounts to 173,880 days (476 years) later or April 6, 32 AD...the exact day Jesus came as King. No other religious figure (especially one who claimed to be God) has any such proof. Again, in Genesis, the first book of the Jewish Torah, there are ten names which outline the time from Creation to the flood. These are Adam, Seth, Enosh, Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared, Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech, and Noah. If you translate their root meaning into English you obtain this sentence: Man, Appointed, Mortal, Sorrow, The Blessed God, Shall Come Down, Teaching, His Death Shall Bring, The Despairing, Rest. Jews, and most, would consider this foolish and only coincidental (who would really think that God could die) until Jesus came as God in the flesh to die for our sins so that we may have life. These are only two prophecies which tell of Jesus as Lord and God...there are many many others! People did not insert these into the Old Testament as to deceive you!! Original manuscripts have been found that predate Christ and say the exact same things. Please research yourself (especially if you're concerned with ultimate answers), it'll only increase your faith!

--------------------
Simple cries pleasantly plea for a friendly follower as wisely whispers request to reveal the water's wandering

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: What most people don't know [Re: Epignostic]
    #630844 - 05/14/02 05:55 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Allrighty then...

April 6, 32 AD...the exact day Jesus came as King.
It's a good thing we have copies of his birth certificate to prove that one. Or maybe 'they' have carbon 14 dated his remains and checked his dental records?

...there are ten names which outline the time from Creation to the flood. These are Adam, Seth, Enosh, Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared, Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech, and Noah. If you translate their root meaning into English you obtain this sentence: Man, Appointed, Mortal, Sorrow, The Blessed God, Shall Come Down, Teaching, His Death Shall Bring, The Despairing, Rest. Jews, and most, would consider this foolish and only coincidental ...
Did you know that this was passed down as oral tradition for many generations until it was actually written? How many times were these stories told and slightly altered, embellished and new ones created during the numerous retellings? That's right, they had generations to get these all in sync. Coincidence? Foolish? I think not. It makes perfect sense with such oral traditions. Many primitive cultures have had similar things, the only difference is that they are not the root of Christianity.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: What most people don't know [Re: ]
    #630953 - 05/14/02 07:59 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I like how the "faithful" can easily RE-interpret and manipulate key words so that they can be somehow significant. A perfect example is the 69 "weeks"... how did you (or was it the angel in the first place?) manage to mistake a week for a period of seven years?

Until you look at the Bible as a beautiful story chockful of metaphors rather than a literal history, you'll never really understand God's? or Jesus'? message.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: What most people don't know [Re: Sclorch]
    #631046 - 05/14/02 10:12 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Geesh! With evolving and Schlorch on the duty roster, there is little left for me to do. Should I feel thankful or no longer useful?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: What most people don't know [Re: Swami]
    #631226 - 05/15/02 04:16 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Stick around Swami. One of us may go on vacation.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #631265 - 05/15/02 04:58 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

LOL

--------------------

Invisiblexnevermore
? Ω?

Loc: The Twilight Zone
Re: What most people don't know [Re: Epignostic]
    #631509 - 05/15/02 10:09 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ehh... I think it's foolish to prove that what the bible says is true by using evidence from the bible itself. Doesn't that seem a bit illogical?

--------------------
- xnevermore

Anonymous

#631536 - 05/15/02 10:28 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Good point sclorch. What I think is even worse is when people shoot down ideas that, if true, could offer lots of answers. Sure, the bible has been passed down and probably suffers from a lot of mistranslation/embellishment. You can interpret it different ways. Does anyone but me think that a book trying to DEFINE the nature of God/reality/etc is going to be easily interpretted? Probably not. So theres alot of room for error, especially when you're trying to fit the text to a certain concept. I think if you look past all the dogmatic bullshit humanity has added to the bible, though, theres some truth in it. And I'd bet my nuts that its original authors never meant it to be translated literally. I always thought of the bible (and christianity for that matter) an attempt to explain something REALLY complex to someone who had no hope of understanding it at the time. Like.. Explaining dying to a 3 year old. You can tell them 'you go someplace else (heaven/wherever)' or 'you sleep forever' or something. Its not exactly RIGHT, but to a kid it makes sense.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #631727 - 05/15/02 12:33 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Its not exactly RIGHT, but to a kid it makes sense.
It wouldn't necessarily make sense to a kid born and raised in a different culture. That being the case, why can't we just tell our children "When you die.... there is no more YOU"? If they are told this from a young age, death won't be so scary... it will be the truth. Likewise, for those that are somewhat "less-than-intelligent", since we're just dishing out dogma, why can't it be the straight scoop? Fuck em' if they can't understand it or don't "get it". It would be better than having a bunch of fucking idiots 2000 years from now spouting out metaphors as the literal truth...

I understand your point, but I don't think there should be a watered-down version. It doesn't help any in the long run.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#631776 - 05/15/02 01:20 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

...humanity has added to the bible...

Huh? Humans wrote the entire thing. It was not written by some other entities then added to by humanity.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#631787 - 05/15/02 01:27 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

"When you die.... there is no more YOU"?

Like the sodomite farmer said when his favorite sheep passed away, "There will never be another ewe!"

--------------------

Anonymous

#631794 - 05/15/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Swami, that's baaaaaaaad.

No more anti sodomite jokes okay, that's hate speech and forbidden on this campus.

Anonymous

#631807 - 05/15/02 01:39 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I meant added as it was passed on, added to the original version. As for humans writing it.. Who knows who wrote it? I didnt live 10 thousand years ago or wtfever it was written.. Might notve been humans. ;p

As for the 'watered down version'.. Perhaps the people that wrote it misjudged humanity.. Perhaps they thought that we would've advanced by means other than greed and lust for power and whatnot. Since none of us know them, we don't know their motives.. I dont think you can safely make assumptions on the intent of the original creators of the bible at this time. They must have had a reason, because if it IS true, then they probably would've came right out and said it. So who can really say..? Its all perspective.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale