Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Neurological Science And Evidence Of The Non-Existence Of A Soul [Re: psyillyazul]
    #4249900 - 06/02/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have done some very committed tripping, I don't know if I saw a soul. I saw many different things including a watcher that seems to be a part of me. Was it my soul? The psychedelic realm was too vast for me to get a clear message. I witnessed the chaos of everything and the order that came from that. To this day understanding some of my trips is like deciphering dreams. In fact I feel like I am plunged into my subconscious mind and I am there with some small part of my waking consciousness. That's my subjective experience of it. :mushroom2: I have theorys but that's all.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyillyazul
verbal doubleedged sword BFTD

Loc: zion
Re: Neurological Science And Evidence Of The Non-Existence Of A Soul [Re: Icelander]
    #4249980 - 06/02/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You don't really see the soul. If you stayed in the vast realm and couldn't 'cross the bridge', practice meditation. Let go of the ideas that pop up curiously like mushrooms. In the absence of effort is when you make the shift. It happens suddenly, but don't panic. Keep your mind clear and positive. The vastness and the watcher become One. You experience a duality of your being much like schizophrenia. If you hold on to this world's false truth, disaster. If you accept GOD... Ultimate Truth. Love. Light. Life... You will join your subconscious as a conscious dialog with your Self. Or God if you prefer. God or Mortal??

Invisiblepsyillyazul

Re: Neurological Science And Evidence Of The Non-Existence Of A Soul [Re: psyillyazul]
    #4250010 - 06/02/05 08:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It helps to learn that Psychosis is accepting a different reality than the one that is taught to us. One that is really completely fake. The reality in your head, your subconscious, the running tape, it doesn't miss a beat, who would you rather believe? The Serpent in the Garden told the Truth. Christ. Where are the weapons of mass distruction?? Who is lying?? Are you a liar?? God is not who anyone thinks he is. The majority is in a State of Psychosis. You are God, believe it. Be Truth.

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
    #4250017 - 06/02/05 08:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

diploid loves controversy

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Invisiblepsyillyazul

#4250018 - 06/02/05 08:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i better just say that this is all my opinion for safe measure. don't anyone try this at home unless they are up on their shit, bitch.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4250061 - 06/02/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

psyillyazul said:
i better just say that this is all my opinion for safe measure.  don't anyone try this at home unless they are up on their shit, bitch.

Then your statement is subjective; all of a sudden playing it safe. What you describe as soul, I do not. I have been in a pure love bliss state for 6 hours. I don't need to know more for me subjectively because it meets my test for my truth. I also believe that this is the pure state of chaos. Yet once again my subjective interpetation of events. We may be talking about the same thing. You call it soul and I call it Tao. Still these are just words and we can't be sure what each other means when we say words to each other. You interpet it from your subjective view and I mine.  :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------

Invisiblepsyillyazul

Re: Neurological Science And Evidence Of The Non-Existence Of A Soul [Re: Icelander]
    #4250084 - 06/02/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

safety for the nonobjective. those ideas are up for anyone. they are my objective reality that I am sharing with you. the safety is for Markos. He was pissed cause I suggested that. He expected an apology. I will meet you, some day, and we will make the subjective ONE. There is really only ONE. Really. Tao is perfect. If everyone could start from that...

Psyilly

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4250111 - 06/02/05 08:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe we will meet one day. I will try to find the common ground with you. :mushroom2: :heart: Then we can have another conversation.  :lol:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4250491 - 06/02/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

psylly,

It's about time someone told you that Markos's reply was to swami not you. If you go back and "read their discussion within this thread, you will see that as well as Markos, reply being made to swami" it just went up after yours.

Relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Neurological Science And Evidence Of The Non-Existence Of A Soul [Re: Diploid]
    #4251097 - 06/03/05 01:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Good post. I've spent some time studying brain biology in my courses, and everything you said is true.

This also echoes of Bertrand Russel's "Why I am Not a Christian" papers.

Everything in you can be changed by altering your brain, so how can "you" survive the decomposition of your brain?

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Neurological Science And Evidence Of The Non-Existence Of A Soul [Re: Diploid]
    #4251419 - 06/03/05 05:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

if a person is more than a brain, can they interpret a set of words literally and metaphorically, but if their AG is damage, they lose ONLY the metaphor and all the words can still be literally processed.

I dont see how this proves the non-existence of the soul.

Take a computer where the Hardware represents the body and the software represents the soul. If you damage the hardware the software will not work correctly.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Neurological Science And Evidence Of The Non-Existence Of A Soul [Re: myndreach]
    #4251427 - 06/03/05 05:57 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

And you tag yourself a philosopher? Never read the Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Bible, Prajnaparamita, Tao Te Ching, Meister Eckhardt, Ramana Maharishi, Jacob Boehme, John of the Cross, Dionysus the Areopagite, Teresa of Avila, Shankara, Patanjali, Lao Tzu, Pir Vilayat, Neem Karolie Baba, Swami Satchidananda, Swami Muktananda, Ken Wilber, Aldous Huxley, Lama Anagarika Govinda, Alexandra David-Neel, Ram Dass, Huston Smith, Jacob Needleman....have you? Clearly, you haven't left your own 'accounts with Reality' open for The Experience which would still the question of the ontological priority of pure consciousness.

I'll end with this and 'brain-produced' consciousness: orient a bar of iron North-South, and bang it good a few times with a steel hammer. The magnetism that the bar now manifests is not 'produced' by the iron.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Neurological Science And Evidence Of The Non-Existence Of A Soul [Re: GazzBut]
    #4251430 - 06/03/05 06:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I dont see how this proves the non-existence of the soul.

Why does everyone keep assuming that I'm claiming proof? Scientists never claim proof, only evidence to support a given conclusion.

Take a computer where the Hardware represents the body and the software represents the soul. If you damage the hardware the software will not work correctly.

Your analogy is similar to several before you (read the thread). Like all the others it is flawed and doesn't represent what is happening in the case of a person with damage to the Angular Gyrus.

In the World/Soul paradigm the person with the damaged AG comprehends "the walls have ears" perfectly. All four words reached the conscious awareness of the person but the person is puzzled and states that it doesn't makes sense for walls to have ears since ears are properties of animals and walls are not animals.

In other words, the literal words all arrived perfectly intact, but the intellectual jump from literal words that mean nonsense to the metaphorical meaning that makes sense is the only thing lost when the Angular Gyrus in the brain is damaged.

This tells me that interpretation of metaphorical meaning from literal words occurs in the brain because the entire net sum of the words, all four of them, arrive intact or the person would be unable to wonder what ears have to do with walls. What are the implications of this for the hypothetical soul when the brain dies (100% brain damage) if the soul is so dependent on a brain function to make sense of something as simple as metaphor.

Can a ghost without a brain get anything out of a comedy club? :tongue:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (06/03/05 06:40 AM)

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #4251441 - 06/03/05 06:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Can a ghost without a brain to get anything out of a comedy club?

Yes, and I have evidence. Lots of it.

Where will I be sending my stacks-upon-stacks of Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books to, for research purposes?

Might I add a few Archie episodes as well? I could use the extra closet space..

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblepsyillyazul

Re: Neurological Science And Evidence Of The Non-Existence Of A Soul [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4257533 - 06/04/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

relaxed. I'm Found. How bout Pure consciousness = Soul. However, consciousness can be conditioned to have not a soul, apparently. That's interesting. I wonder how Bush and his buddies get away with all this shit. Soul-less people. I get it now. Blind leading the blind. I wouldn't admit that. Open your eyes or have them forced open, those are the only two choices. The latter may prove even more disorienting than the worst 'bad trip'. You have been severed from yourself. A 'bad trip' is a trip back, people are scared! They have no idea who they are, or the extent of their being. Our Selves have become the UFOs and aliens that we fear.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies