Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1078573 - 11/23/02 01:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Chi has not yet been proven by a controlled scientific test.

Oh dear, infallable western science has yet to quantify something in a lab setting...IT CAN'T POSSIBLY EXIST!! how could one even begin to measure something like internalized chi? the best we've got is multitueds of personal experiaences, or maybe kirilian photography, which shows supposed "auras"...
-remember when people thought cigaretts were harmless...or people thought ADD was caused by red dyes in food,? on and on..
.-I'd hate to think our current scientific community has ALL of the answers, if so we're F'd.
Gotta...Go........tosleep

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: upupup]
    #1078588 - 11/23/02 01:50 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Worm food, although I like to entertain the idea of endless spiritual experiences.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: Adamist]
    #1078655 - 11/23/02 02:22 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I'm kind of with adamist on this one...

I dunno about love, but there is only one "soul," and we're all tiny "pieces" of it. When one dies, I would assume that at least parts of the "soul" or whatever it is decomposes and gets recycled just like most of the physical body does.

when I die... its all over for the particular arrangement of atoms and whatever our thoughts and "consciousness" are made out of that creates Matt/Strumpling, but those atoms and whatever thoughts and "consciousness" are made out of will certainly have to go somewhere..

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
our "components" break down and get used by whatever needs them, including consciousness and "souls" or whatever else you can come up with.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1078675 - 11/23/02 02:28 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Its kinda like the theory of conservation of matter and energy, only with consciousness, or whatever 'immortal' aspect that is incorporated into the physical form. And its not a theory..

The love is essential. Light, love, sound, frequency. Its all there...

Adamist, I love your avatar.

edit: on rereading that, it sounds like I'm stating the idea of 'conserved consciousness' as fact.. I meant that it wasnt a theory in that it literally did not meet the requirements to be considered, by definition, a 'theory'.

Edited by immaculate (11/23/02 02:40 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: FatNug]
    #1078795 - 11/23/02 03:30 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

-remember when people thought cigaretts were harmless

Ignorance by some in one field, is hardly a valid pointer of the truth in another.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (11/23/02 03:33 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1078803 - 11/23/02 03:40 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Oh dear, infallable western science has yet to quantify something in a lab setting...IT CAN'T POSSIBLY EXIST!!

Your words. Your emotionalism is showing.

Using your twisted "logic" if it can't be quantified, it MUST exist! Please see my sig...

--------------------

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: Swami]
    #1078844 - 11/23/02 05:04 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Swami honestly your "logic" is absolutly exasperating sometimes, 
Quote:

Using your twisted "logic" if it can't be quantified, it MUST exist! Please see my sig...

You seem to constantly be spouting the theme that if something CAN'T be lab tested it MUSN"T BE REAL!!
    The topic asked for oppinions. I gave mine. since it's not completely tangeable, it doesn't pass the Swami test.
  The point of my logic was NOT to infer that it MUST exist but rather that it should NOT be ruled out simply due to the fact that it cannot be held in your hand, or seen under a microscope.
-maybe you should try and take that sig to heart at some point..and Swami,.your egotism is showing!  :blush:

Quote:

Ignorance by some in one field, is hardly a valid pointer of the truth in another. 

-the ignorance is in  the same field or community, science.
-and Swami if you would only take the time to read what you write man, ignorance of a fact is hardly a valid pointer of the truth...simply because one cannot measure something does not i grant you make it real,  but nor should it immediatly dispatch of the theory.....thinking aloud  :wink: 

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1078882 - 11/23/02 05:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Soul...

Is there such a thing? I'm doubting between if there's One Soul (or: no soul, same thing really) or that there's several of them. Today I feel there's only One/None, and that seems to be the direction my theories are headed.

I spend alot of time Seeking. I love it, even tho I know nothing is known for certain: everything is guesswork, nothing more. (Nice paradox, eh?)

Our bodies? Wormfood or fuel for the Fire.
But fuck the Flesh: what's going to happen to ME?
Lemme say what I feel & leave the mindboggling headache-providing yet fun theory stuff for what it is.

The Universe encompasses everything: matter, energy, space and time, and all of these are interconnected, are all forms of the same energy.
Take an Atom: it is ingrained in the fabric of the Universe.
Take a Molecule: Same here.
Take a bunch of molecules with some structure to it (a rock, your body): Same here.
Take the (DNA based? Brain Software? Divine Origin?) Soul: Same story too.
Take combinations of forms of energy trough time (you hitting a bong while your GF watches David Letterman): the same applies.
What I believe in can be simplified in one simple line:

"Everything that can happen/be WILL happen/be into all Eternity."

This means that all possible lives WILL be your life, every experience to be had WILL happen to you and all this into all Eternity.
Anything is everywhere in space: It's TIME that seperates one "Universe"from the other, and to me the Whole of everything equals God(s).
We will live on living every life there can possibly be into Infinity.

Needless to say, the Tylenol-truckdriver can find my house blindfolded :wink:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1078918 - 11/23/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Im assuming I have a brain in my head.

I know that if I agree that I am my brain; that my personality, memory and what makes me a unique person is encoded in the organisation of my brain. Then I think i'd have to say that if my brain was changed considerably or was all over my floor then i'd no longer have my personality, memory and what makes me a unique person.

But there is still somthing im not satisfied with: If my brain is indeed all over my floor, where does my subjective experience go? Maybe my subjective experience is my immediate, short and long term memory?

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Edited by David_Scape (11/23/02 06:25 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1078929 - 11/23/02 06:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Swami honestly your "logic" is absolutly exasperating sometimes,
There really is no "Swami Logic", there is only logic.

You seem to constantly be spouting the theme that if something CAN'T be lab tested it MUSN"T BE REAL!!
First of all, it is ALWAYS the believer who sticks the word "lab" in a post. Secondly, I never said it could not be real, but that anecdotal information, opinion, feelings, etc. are insufficient reasons to accept something as fact.

...or seen under a microscope.
Your words again. You make up a fictitious comment, then feel angst towards it and you call me schizophrenic. Most peculiar.

your egotism is showing!
More personality analysis. So typical when one has no logical rebuttal. Everyone reveals themselves in their post - your point?

the ignorance is in the same field or community, science.
Neither the poster nor science has said cigarettes are safe to smoke. Again you invent some fiction, then try to shoot it down.

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: Asante]
    #1078949 - 11/23/02 07:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Needless to say, the Tylenol-truckdriver can find my house blindfolded :wink:

Be sure and tell him that Freak said hello  :grin: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlineraja
Stranger

Loc: belgium
Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: Adamist]
    #1078952 - 11/23/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you coulden?t be more right...........

--------------------
You teach best what you most need to learn.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: David_Scape]
    #1079018 - 11/23/02 08:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If my brain is indeed all over my floor, where does my subjective experience go?

It contributes to the expansion of the ever-growing light.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1079030 - 11/23/02 08:52 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

First of all, it is ALWAYS the believer who sticks the word "lab" in a post. Secondly, I never said it could not be real, but that anecdotal information, opinion, feelings, etc. are insufficient reasons to accept something as fact.

Years of intense PHYSICAL training is necessary to accomplish these feats and are no more nor less amazing than an Olympic gymnast doing a triple somersault fly-away.

Actually you did say that the kind of Chi FatNug is talking about is only the result of years of physical training.  You denied that any of the supposed 'chi energy' exists in a person prior to that intense training.

I might just be putting words in your mouth.. but thats just what I attempted to gather from the argument.
Man i must be bored.  :tongue:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Soul goes on or are we just worm food? [Re: Grav]
    #1079038 - 11/23/02 09:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

A girlfriend might help...

--------------------

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
    #1079055 - 11/23/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"i've seen and experienced personally the focusing of chi to the point sharp objects WILL NOT pierce the skin"

Do you mean "WILL NOT pierce the skin", or do you mean "WILL NOT pierce the skin if applied in a precise manner chosen by the subject?" If you mean the 1st, I'd bet $1,000 that I could pierce the skin of any so called "master" with a sharpened knife without even trying too hard.

"I've broken multipule blocks of stone using an iron palm technique, when i could not break half as many when nervous, or overly amped up"

You might have been tought that you weren't "overly amped up", but I'd bet your body released some adrenaline as you mentally prepared yourself for this task.

"infallable western science has yet to quantify something in a lab setting...IT CAN'T POSSIBLY EXIST!!"

I didn't say that it CAN'T exist. I said it hasn't been proven to exist. Big difference. The real question is if something hasn't yet been proven to exist, how can you possibly KNOW it exists?

"how could one even begin to measure something like internalized chi? the best we've got is multitueds of personal experiaences, or maybe kirilian photography, which shows supposed "auras"..."

The link I posted talks about why it's so easy to believe in something that can't be measured (because it's difficult to disprove).

".-I'd hate to think our current scientific community has ALL of the answers, if so we're F'd."

They clearly don't have all the answers. But if they did, why you you say we're fucked? The opposite would be true. We'd have a cure for every disease, we'd be able to explain everything, etc. Maybe you say we're fucked because it might disprove chi???

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1079065 - 11/23/02 09:21 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Now Blue you see what I am up against. The hoardes cling to their superstition as if it were sacred.

--------------------

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
    #1079081 - 11/23/02 09:44 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

LOL - I hear ya.  The interesting thing is that the purpose of me coming to these boards isn't to tell everyone they're wrong.  My goal is to get people to tell me why they're RIGHT!  And to my disappaointment, they can't do it.  :tongue:

Ok, time to go watch the biggest football game of the year (Michigan / Ohio St).  GO BLUE! 

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1079087 - 11/23/02 09:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I here ya my brother. For two years, I have tried to accomodate by coming up with every kind of fair, unbiased test. To date all I have seen is tons of back-peddling and double-speak befitting a lawyer. But have heard lots of g-r-e-a-t anecdotes which is the sum total of substance. But then again, I am just a hard-bitten, angry, disgruntled skeptic.

Even had one so-called shaman from the Ayahuasca board put a black magic spell on me. Other than getting fired, finding my woman in bed with another man and being diagnosed with prostate cancer, nothing bad happened. :smile: 

--------------------

Edited by Swami (11/23/02 07:41 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1079133 - 11/23/02 10:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

When we die we become *Charleton Heston flashback* Soylent Green!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order