Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Doc9151]
    #27666510 -

RJ Tubs 202 said:
TNK said:
My brain feels like it's on fire and I can't control my emotions or thoughts



Chronic drug & alcohol abusers often have an obsessive craving for control.

And an intense fear of experiencing a wide range of human emotions.



Yes, my substance abuse was more or less about control; allowing me to have the means/a-tool to control my emotions, life and thoughts at will and or on that whim of myself; now having given up those tools it feels like pure chaos. Although I am finding great solace in this, I have felt asleep- only now awoken to the world. I slumbered for too many years deluding myself and my consciousness/sub-consciousness that I was the one in control even though I was not.


Doc9151 said:
I'm pulling for ya! I'm working a program myself, I have chronic pain issues and that combined with withdrawal has always kept me using. 

I have to say that this time I'm not quitting because I want to, but because I am sick and tired of being sick and tired from doctors playing fucking games with my health. It's sad when you can go to the methadone clinic and get all you want but if you're really sick they jerk you around, take your money and leave you hanging. Love my weed card, it's been a lifesaver at times, but some days nothing helps, no matter how much I take and I'm on a fixed income and  can't stay on the clinic for $500 a month, thats a rent payment for some.

It has gotten to the point that I have stopped ALL medications, because I just don't give a fuck anymore. Every time it's time to see the doctor or god for bid go to the ER, I'm treated like a criminal instead of a patient and I'm just done with it, because no one person that can do anything about it, will stand up for people like myself. As a matter of fact, they say that helping people in chronic pain today that can only be prescribed opiates, aren't worth risking their licenses over. I get that the DEA has their hands tied, but there's no excuse for treating people like this.

My experience with withdrawal from opiates due to chronic pain issues is exactly why I can relate to the recreational users battle to get free. Add a medical condition to withdrawal and you have a recipe for disaster, it will make you suicidal.

I'm also tired of being afraid of the blood thinners, they scare me way more than a blood clot, which I've had several.  I just want to live what time I have left on my terms and not being controlled by drugs.

LSD and Mushrooms with cannabis, that's all I need, to Hell with the drugs that cause physical dependency!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rant, but do want to sincerely wish you all the best and say I feel you and anyone else who travels this path, because it's full of quagmires.



I am praying for you my friend; I've had multiple surgeries on my hip, knee and ankle all on the right side of my body; unfortunately or fortunately however you want to look at it- I have learned to walk a total of three times, after each major surgery/accident I was unable to walk and told several times walking again may not even be an option for me- yet here I am; walking.

I understand pain, I understand the desire to stop the pain; to be able to live without that constant agonizing throbbing; I am on Buphernorpine for my OUD but I am also prescribed it for minimal pain management, so more or less I will be on this medication the rest of my life. It helps with the pain; slightly but it is always still there- much more so now than ever before. I'm going skiing later today and my knee already akes just thinking about it.

Sending good vibes your way man, If you ever need anybody to talk to :pm:


--------------------
Edited by TNK (02/22/22 22:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: TNK]
    #27731459 -

OP here, been on kratom and opium still after a full decade of addiction now. Stopped using all other opis entirely for quite some time, fentalogs nearly clipped me a few times too many.

I got a provider for ibogaine in mexico, setting official date to leave next week. I face up and discovered that if I dont detox off it now I will have to do it in the end anyway, even if its in the next life. I would rather try to use ibogaine.

I am not coming back to shroomery, dont fret. I have a job now and do things with myself, I do not use forums at all anymore.

I am sorry for the sins I commited here against my fellow Man, and that is something I wrote a short letter about recently, its not on my ipad or I would post it now.

Facing up, and facing true, now is the time.

Connoisseur said:
My tracks are fading nicely. It's gonna be a special sign when I first notice they are gone entirely.



i finally made it this far.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Anonymous #15]
    #27740691 -

I had a he'll of a time for like a year doing grams of heroin in one shot and I'm proud to be over a month clean YOU ALL GOT THIS it's the amazing things in life that make it worth being sober to enjoy them much love everyone hope you all had a killer easter
Oh and I finally see a vein in my arm again I destroyed them all and I used to be able to hit them without looking on a snowboard lift now I'd have to heat up tie off etc so happy to see them coming back !


--------------------
Presidentof mutual unity multi psychedelic religious organization and owner of mutual unity spiritual health llc.
Shits about to get very crazy

Edited by Natedogg97 (04/18/22 06:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Natedogg97]
    #27740696 -

Oh and ps ketamie ketamine ketamine. It helps soo much as do psychoactive phenethylamines and tryptamines its such a better experience then nodding off and destroying your body with heavy use


--------------------
Presidentof mutual unity multi psychedelic religious organization and owner of mutual unity spiritual health llc.
Shits about to get very crazy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #27814616 -

I’m sure you figured it out but…… wait longer it took me a week to get all the fent out my system. The biggest thing with quitting is knowing that you’re gonna be fucking miserable for at least a couple weeks. Life doesn’t get much better for at least months. Your brains takes a long time to bounce back after extended use for years.

I know it seems counter productive but here’s my tek.

Day 1-3 - take a benzo or two a day, preferably at night. Also 2000mg of magnesium. This helps with the restless legs and the benzos knock you out so you can actually get a few hours of sleep.

Day 4-7 heavy of the kratom and don’t ever touch the benzos again. This hits the same receptors that your opioid of choice does as well so it keeps you feeling decent.

Day 7+ Get to the doctor and take some subs. Nobody ever needs more than 8 mg no matter what they tell you. Stay on that course for about 3 month or so and slowly wean yourself off after that.

There are tons of remedies out there and doctors will absolutely tell you not to take any benzo while withdrawing. Because you’re an addict duhhh. I’m telling you you need this shit it is literally a lifesaver it makes it so you can stay awake without wanting to blow your brains out, and actually get some sleep. I’m a year clean right now and the counselor that I voluntarily  see every month tells me I should be doing TedTalks with my success story.

Having an appreciation for life again and getting your normal self back is literally priceless, it took me years to quit and a really good support system, which everyone needs, but it’s the best decision I’ve ever made in my life. Think about the ones that have loved you in life, because they will again no matter what you have done to them.

DONT DO ANY IOP PROGRAM!!!!! Can’t stress this enough!! They are just gonna stick you in a room for six hours a day with 10 other people that want drugs just as bad as you really bad combination

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Emrugg1] * 5
    #27989873 -

Finally did it guys, finally got clean from all opis/kratom after a decade of severe addiction. The ibogaine worked a miracle and got me through.

Today I have a little over 4 months clean.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Anonymous #16]
    #28519980 -

Anonymous #16 said:
Finally did it guys, finally got clean from all opis/kratom after a decade of severe addiction. The ibogaine worked a miracle and got me through.

Today I have a little over 4 months clean.




Congrats!

Following this thread for future posts.
I'm almost 4 years clean from opiates. I love hearing other success stories


--------------------
What had caused this condition?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: curiouscubes]
    #28612105 -

19 months clean now. I believe in miracles. I’ll never forget how this website and koods helped save my life. I used to be ungrateful but that’s all changed. Everything is different now and everyone I used to know is either dead or dying. Today was the best day of my life and it’s not a problem for me if no one can understand why. In short, thank you shrooms and thank you shroomery.

I will never truly come back here this is just another throw away account to give an update. Seems like everything has changed here a lot.

I member when we used to joke about fentanyl being in everything here years ago, now it’s killed half my friends and almost killed me. So grateful me and a few others made it out before it was too late.

Peace shroomery, I’m never forgetting you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Anonymous #17]
    #28757463 -

Anonymous #17 said:
19 months clean now. I believe in miracles. I’ll never forget how this website and koods helped save my life. I used to be ungrateful but that’s all changed. Everything is different now and everyone I used to know is either dead or dying. Today was the best day of my life and it’s not a problem for me if no one can understand why. In short, thank you shrooms and thank you shroomery.

I will never truly come back here this is just another throw away account to give an update. Seems like everything has changed here a lot.

I member when we used to joke about fentanyl being in everything here years ago, now it’s killed half my friends and almost killed me. So grateful me and a few others made it out before it was too late.

Peace shroomery, I’m never forgetting you.



22 months clean now?


great going!



Asante ZEALOUSLY supports Shroomerites alcohol quit attempt in OTD


also useful with opioid and other serious addictions!


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Asante]
    #28757474 -

I had a dissociatives abuse problem.

i have a vial of memantine, a powerful Iboga related dissociative, in my left hand as i type this with my right hand.

i came off a monthlong binge to combat foot pain that is strong right now.

i am not in ant wayt tempted to take Memantine or a dissociative today.

Like in AA, God made a way for me.

after 4 years of abstinence.

and a relapse!

I am in control of memantine now!

Or I throw it in the trash!

I QUIT ALL ADDICTIONS


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Emrugg1]
    #29069164 -

Quote:
Day 7+ Get to the doctor and take some subs. Nobody ever needs more than 8 mg no matter what they tell you. Stay on that course for about 3 month or so and slowly wean yourself off after that.



Over 10 years off heroin/fent/oxy here. And honestly unless you are switching from high dose methadone or have gone back and forth between full agonists and bupe a few times already even 8mg is a LOT. Because of its selective agonism bupe cross tolerance is incomplete. I wouldn't start at over 4mg no matter how big your habit, you can always take more, it's really hard to get off high dose bupe...especially if you have been on it for years while you get your life together.

I got started at 16mg a day, but would sell half my script to buy dope and take bupe "vacations". DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS. You think your tolerance and WDs are bad now? They can get SO much worse if you are shooting fent on top of bupe and each time switching back to bupe gets harder and harder.

I'd suggest anyone starting maintenance to get down to 2mg per day as fast as you can...then stay there for as long as you need.

Bupe is STUPID potent. There's a reason why the formulations for pain start in the tens of micrograms range.

And if you have been on it long term and struggle with PAWS then switch to like belbuca or butrans before quitting completely....or use fractional dilution to make a nasal spray which delivers 5-10 micrograms per spray. Or if you got that real good insurance get one of the low dose implants.

If you do this you'll have a much easier time than trying to jump off at .5-1mg per day.

I went on and off subs multiple times before I was able to kick it for good with the help of LDN then eventually a naltrexone implant. And I tried everything, from ibogaine to basically knocking myself out for days on end with benzos and nitrous. Using comfort meds to deal with WDs are a good way to end up a polydrug addict.

Acute WDs are the easy part. One too many stressful weeks at work while dealing with PAWS that can go on for months and it's hard not to go back on bupe(or worse)

Quote:
DONT DO ANY IOP PROGRAM!!!!! Can’t stress this enough!! They are just gonna stick you in a room for six hours a day with 10 other people that want drugs just as bad as you really bad combination



That's why I could never really do NA. Junkies sitting around telling war stories was really triggering. Actually relapsed once when I was already sober because of court ordered NA attendance.

I never had a problem moderating use of other drugs, but with opiates there are like zero downsides right up until the point you start getting dope sick. No hangover, no exhaustion, no psychosis, no memory loss, and it's very easy to function in society while high with no one noticing.

Most insidious drug I've ever encountered.

Edited by Holybullshit (12/27/24 12:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
you have rights [Re: Connoisseur]
    #29183953 -

You have rights. You do not need to just quit opioids or opiates and you are a human being. You are Beautiful naturally. You mean a lot to me and so does your struggles with Trauma, Abuse, Neglect, Threats, Harassment. I know how it feels

You are a person!

Your own strength means so much. My family member died from an opioid related OD or because of insulin

The pharmaceutical group does not care that you mean a lot. You are not a slave to any drugs whether poly abuse whether from you or not

You have to seek that whether you abuse someone by hooking them; a wolf in sheeps clothing, a John Wayne Gacy Clown; a Clown in the bad way. You never have been told that you have bodily autonamy? Is that correct?

You mean so much to the world and you are beautiful, intelligent, and strong and you have the power, my father is off of opioids, polydrug no more!

You have rights. You do not need to just quit opioids or opiates and you are a human being. You are Beautiful naturally. You mean a lot to me and so does your struggles with Trauma, Abuse, Neglect, Threats, Harassment. I know how it feels

You are a person!

Your own strength means so much. My family member died from an opioid related OD or because of insulin

The pharmaceutical group does not care that you mean a lot. You are not a slave to any drugs whether poly abuse whether from you or not

You have to seek that whether you abuse someone by hooking them; a wolf in sheeps clothing, a John Wayne Gacy Clown; a Clown in the bad way. You never have been told that you have bodily autonamy? Is that correct?

You mean so much to the world and you are beautiful, intelligent, and strong and you have the power, my father is off of opioids, polydrug no more!

I am going to repeat this again yet using new words; a flood of support that you sincerely deserve; you deserve to be who you really are you beautiful sunrise and night sky sight

You are a fucking rockstar!


You have rights. You do not need to just quit opioids or opiates and you are a human being. You are Beautiful naturally. You mean a lot to me and so does your struggles with Trauma, Abuse, Neglect, Threats, Harassment. I know how it feels

You are a person!

Your own strength means so much. My family member died from an opioid related OD or because of insulin

The pharmaceutical group does not care that you mean a lot. You are not a slave to any drugs whether poly abuse whether from you or not

You have to seek that whether you abuse someone by hooking them; a wolf in sheeps clothing, a John Wayne Gacy Clown; a Clown in the bad way. You never have been told that you have bodily autonamy? Is that correct?

You mean so much to the world and you are beautiful, intelligent, and strong and you have the power, my father is off of opioids, polydrug no more!

I am going to repeat this again yet using new words; a flood of support that you sincerely deserve; you deserve to be who you really are you beautiful sunrise and night sky sight

You are a fucking rockstar!

YOU INSPIRE ME TO BE STRONG AND I WANNA GIVE YOU A PIECE OF MY SOUL; IT IS ALL YOURS YOU TEACH ME LIFE PRINCIPLES TO BE

Why? Because opioids do not make you a bad person and because I know that the pharmaceutical industry is very abusive and condoning through negligence

Love you, EMPATHIE spelled with a Y

The bad bitches that take zero fucking shit from pimps adopt you; we'll let them understand the definition of abuse..

You are loved, sweetie


MANTRA!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you have rights [Re: DBATCCATP]
    #29188469 -

Hey guys its connoisseur. God Willing June 1 ill be 3 years clean from all opis. Thanks to all of you who helped me, and fuck all of you who made it worse for me and put me down and spit on me for being a drug addict.

I will never come back to this site, but ill also never forget it. This place made me the man I am today, newly married, and living the High Life.

:jaded:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you have rights [Re: Anonymous #18]
    #29196474 -

So nice to scan this thread and see so many opiate addicts become former addicts. I tried everything, suboxone was the only way I eventually was able to permanently quit. And I don't worry about withdrawals because I intend to stay on maintenance.

And if it was gonna be an issue, I'd switch to the sublicade or whatever it is called. People been having real success in group permanently tapering off using the shot for only three months. Because it is self-tapering, it works like a dream. So no worries I think about getting off anymore for most people with this option.


--------------------
Endlessly endorsing empathy empirically energizing existence™

~Always practice radical kindness~
R.I.P. Betty Boop, greatest mother to ever do it.

Edited by QuantumZ00 (04/23/25 09:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you have rights [Re: QuantumZ00]
    #29201938 -

God damn life on life’s terms is hard.  I’m down to 11mg of methadone from 120.  Decided to pause my taper with some stressful life events and insomnia so bad it was impacting my ability to function.  6 years free from banging dope!  We are strong AF


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you have rights [Re: Cognitive_Shift] * 1
    #29203901 -

Good job man!  The last part of the taper is the hardest part.  I spent almost a year on my last 10mg taper and its OK to take your time and really make sure it sticks when you decide to finish treatment.  It's better to function and stay in treatment than destroy all your progress rushing something you are not ready for and probably relapse.

<3


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you have rights [Re: mndfreeze]
    #29529909 -

Has anyone else experienced heart issues after going through withdrawal?
I don't recall this problem other times I've kicked any kind of opioid.

Day 53 off methadone, but my heart beats incredibly hard to the point of being painful even when my blood pressure is normal. 10am-5pm are consistently the time of day it beats very hard, I can actually see my heart beating a few inches below my xiphoid process down to my stomach.

The past 2 weeks or so I've been waking up feeling incredibly shaky/trembling until I eat breakfast then the heart issues set in. After eating I get extremely cold for 20-30 minutes then revert back to a comfortable temperature.

I'm about ready to go to urgent care or the emergency room if my blood pressure spikes above 180/90 again (even after taking clonidine) with migraines causing visual disturbances... black splotches in my peripheral vision, tracers from bright lights, and feeling like my head is going to explode.

Thank you for any input!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you have rights [Re: ZeeBow]
    #29672899 -

I messed around with opiates from 2007-2011.

The last time i used i went to see a friend's band and someone was passin around a weed pipe in a tight circle and they warned me they sprinkled an opiate on it i said ok i usually snort pills im fine.
I didnt even know wtf fentanyl was back then, but they were smoking fucking fentanyl.

I think i just took one hit and felt good at first, started dancin and groovin, but soon enough i started feeling way too heavy, was getting hard to breathe and this awful darkness came over me like a fog of shitty energy.
I stepped outside and just tried to keep breathing, i felt like i was gonna die, ive never felt so close to losing consciousness from smoking something.
It was one of the most horrible highs ive ever had.

Haven't touched opiates since that day, 15 years ago now.


--------------------
:ufoabduction:
:loljesus:
        :mushroom::leaf::mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Methadone Support and Information Group Northernsoul 1,656 3 08/08/04 02:51 PM
by Northernsoul
* I'm going through a lot of shit right now
( 1 2 all )
Phishgrrl 3,136 35 08/04/05 11:37 AM
by Liz
* He's right, but it's still depressing NiamhNyx 1,421 7 11/25/03 03:38 PM
by sykobish
* Why does every company turn to shit right after I'm hired?! Renegade8 756 3 06/11/04 03:02 PM
by Renegade8
* The Story Of My Life
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,825 22 01/14/04 08:39 AM
by Dobie
* op8-addiction questions; i needs help purity 1,306 6 07/09/06 02:07 PM
by CUBErt
* oxycontin addiction
( 1 2 all )
Atomisk 6,140 22 02/22/04 05:37 PM
by Northernsoul
* A Thread for the Migraineurs
( 1 2 all )
Patisotagami 1,560 20 01/19/10 09:29 PM
by Patisotagami

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
63,602 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.