Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1056 | 1057 | 1058 | 1059 | 1060 | 1061 | 1062 | 1063 | 1064 | 1065 | 1066 | 1067 | 1068 | 1069 | 1070 | 1071 | 1072 | 1073 | 1074 | 1075 | 1076 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: jandawg420]
    #27230331 -

Used the Pan. Alabama print I got from a nice member on here to hopefully get to fruiting in my brand new Franken JOC/Jcm fc that is finally working as it should.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Tweeq]
    #27230335 -

I'm completely new to pans, question:

Can you run them in tubs and shoeboxes?


--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Intrepid]
    #27230359 -

12 hours after a vigorous shaking. Now that's more like it.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Intrepid]
    #27230401 -

Here I go again torturing some innocent pans. Got some MS Pan cyan from those Maui’s (rainbow eucalyptus) I did last time. Germinated the print I took from the grow and made some transfers and started a LC. Then the fun began. Fired about 20 cc into a bulk bag I developed and they looked pretty robust despite some seriously cold ass temps I was dealing with. Got a new space heater and that helped a bunch. Bag looked really healthy despite the fact it contains no whole grain and zero manure. No straw either.




So I took that bag and crumbled it and laid it out in a tiny ass monotub. Sub thickness came in at 1.25” which I’m happy about. A few days later and it’s looking like it recovered really well.




Today I cased it with a thin casing of verm and coir :eek: and got it fruiting.




This will likely fail in spectacular fashion however, I’m still curious. This has no manure, no peat, and a passive exchange fruiting chamber. Let’s see how terrible this turns out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27230407 -

What’s ur fruiting temp? Mid 80’s the first 3 days delivers best results imo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #27230411 -

Yeah now that I got a better space heater the temps are now unbearable for me and much closer to 80 for the mushrooms :lol: Last time I grew these it was low 70’s the whole time and I noticed they struggled a bit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27230426 -

Yeah you don’t gotta hold that temp the whole time just until you get a good pinset comming up then you can go back to the 70’s

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #27230429 -

Good to know, I just cranked the heat up a notch more for em. It will be nice to relax it back eventually though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27230434 -

You also gonna prolly need to hand tend them you can mist until you see pins then if it looks like it’s drying out around them you can syringe water (at least I always had to before I built the rehydration system)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #27230439 -

Just nocc'd 4 quarts of sub in a bag, this culture took longer than it should've on grain buy recovered from 2 shakes so fingers crossed I suppose.
Got another 3 jars colonising in much better times coming up so the next attempt won't be far behind.


--------------------
Here Lies This Individual




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #27230440 -

Pasty, could you share what the substrate contains? No grain and no shit leaves me wondering what else could be in it. :takingnotes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #27230441 -

Yeah I’ve done pans in monos before, it’s a bit of a pain but I simply don’t have the space to set up my other passive chamber at the moment. Fingers crossed, although I planned to toss the book right out the window when I started this mess. Hence the complete lack of manure in the sub or peat in the casing. If I get anything other than green I’ll be happy.

I also finally tried some of those Pan cyan fruits from my last grow. Took a little less than a gram and it was a heck of a fun ride. Had a blast.

:vibin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Adas]
    #27230452 -

Adas said:
Pasty, could you share what the substrate contains? No grain and no shit leaves me wondering what else could be in it. :takingnotes:



I can’t/don’t really want to talk about it. I will say that there ain’t anything in there that hasn’t been used extensively in fungi propagation already. It’s not like I’m using something never before tried, rather just the forms and ways of introducing it is what’s novel. This also might blow up in my face (although I kinda already tested it).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Pastywhyte] * 2
    #27230496 -

knowun pasty the sub contains a shredded beach towel,coir and kellogs frosted flakes as a grain supplement😂😂😂😂😂


--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: jcm4620]
    #27230500 -

u know im jokin and sayin that with love brother. im also very curious


--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: jcm4620]
    #27230504 -

Ya ain’t that far off to be honest lol. Part of the sub composition is there simply to allow for easy spore germination. Otherwise I’ll say that the big ingredients of importance are coir, verm, red winter wheat bran, and instant coffee. These bags would likely do well with just those ingredients but I wanted a media spores can germinate on, which in these bags they do. I’ve run several ms (spores right from the syringe) tests and they all performed well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27230510 -

sweet i cant wait to see more and maybe ul do a solid write up on it once its perfected


--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: jcm4620] * 1
    #27230525 -

Yeah I will probably do a bit of a writeup although, much of what’s special about that media wouldn’t be much use to people doing things properly already. It’s more for the lazy noobs who just want to squirt spores and harvest a few zips for their buddies without learning anything or doing much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27230526 -

Pastywhyte said:
I can’t/don’t really want to talk about it. I will say that there ain’t anything in there that hasn’t been used extensively in fungi propagation already. It’s not like I’m using something never before tried, rather just the forms and ways of introducing it is what’s novel. This also might blow up in my face (although I kinda already tested it).



Always exciting to see someone trying something new. Looking forward to seeing the results. I'm gonna
guess and say (at least in your case) it's gonna work :laugh:

I'm particularly interested in your sub depth bc I've been thinking of going thinner myself.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #27230541 -

Curious to see what comes of this Pasty, love pans in monos.

When I grew pans for the first time I had unexpected success in monos. Didn't hand water after pinning, as I had to leave for a few days.
Used a 100% verm casing over a 50/50 coir/manure sub back then.

Haven't managed to recreate as good of a grow yet.

3 years ago compared to this years grow (same monos used)



The fruits where actually touching the lid. Unfortunately the culture died in cold storage.

Pans can do great in tubs even without micro-managing them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1056 | 1057 | 1058 | 1059 | 1060 | 1061 | 1062 | 1063 | 1064 | 1065 | 1066 | 1067 | 1068 | 1069 | 1070 | 1071 | 1072 | 1073 | 1074 | 1075 | 1076 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 87 88 )
Hindsight 81,270 1,752 09/27/26 08:34 AM
by Noah Keeper
* The Official Noob of the Moment Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 119 120 )
BeefExtreme 41,349 2,390 09/28/26 02:56 AM
by bluescreen
* Pan cyan first grow log (TTBVI)
( 1 2 3 all )
PhenoDreamers 15,666 46 12/15/23 08:47 AM
by PhenoDreamers
* Rye-Z-Morph Bag for Panaeolus (Copelandia) Cyanescens? rob_531 4,757 12 01/10/05 12:33 PM
by agar
* Copelandia "Pan" Cyanescens sancho 5,495 6 09/07/07 10:00 AM
by suave
* Re: look at these copelandia cyanescens they are beautiful Anonymous 5,649 2 12/25/99 07:16 AM
by sean123
* which tek for copelandia cyanescens (spore print)? FfF 8,044 10 08/26/04 05:44 AM
by hawksapprentice
* Hawaiian Copelandia Grow Kit - how much more difficult are they? GabrielKnight 8,482 5 01/03/05 04:59 PM
by ticktock

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,303,680 topic views. 14 members, 312 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.055 seconds spending 0.025 seconds on 18 queries.