Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePastywhyteMFacebook
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation * 33
    #22861379 - 02/03/16 10:55 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

How to avoid facepalm and butthurt in the mushroom cultivation forum.

Okay all you new people this is one for you. The writeup on avoiding butthurt and facepalms in cultivation. I had contemplated writing this for a while but as it's a touch off topic and possibly a catalyst for further butthurt I held off. But the hurt in mush cult seems to be rising lately so I figure what the hell, this is needed. So here she goes :facepalm:

:smbfacepalm: 1.

First what we need to do is make what I think is the intention of most of the regular posters here clear. This is a place of learning and personally I think it's amazing how much good solid info, based in science is posted here daily. It's what sets us apart from YouTube and reddit. This means that to keep that level and quality of information presented up to that standard we need to ensure a certain consistency. This means bad info must be corrected and good info agreed with. As this is a fairly new discipline there are still things we don't understand and discussion and disagreements will happen. That is fine and healthy.

However if people come in spouting off outdated or simply incorrect information it will be crushed by those trying to preserve the integrity of the information of the board. This is not personal and should not be taken as such. If it is taken personally we then run into butthurt facepalm territory. The solution is simple, don't talk out of your ass and no one will facepalm you. Of course we all talk out of our asses on occasion and we all will be called on it. No reason to let it ruin your day.

:picdidnthappen: 2.

Because we are trying to establish a reasonable facsimile of scientifically backed understanding of the organisms we are attempting to cultivate some level of accountability needs to be had. Granted no one is expecting a link to a peer reviewed piece for every claim or commonly understood thing however, if you are going to say you grew cubes off of a wool sweater or that you had a cake pull 35 flushes because you dunked it in bleach, something must be provided to demonstrate that you are simply not some troll. Back up your statements wherever possible. If you are going to tell people that you have done something outlandish, then a photo is great. If you are going to try and tell people FAE is less important than 100% RH then a paper explaining why would be a good way to avoid stuff. But just coming into a thread claiming that you increased your potency by adding reeses pieces to the sub without something proving it is a guaranteed way to get laughed out of here.

:takingnotes: 3.

UTFSE. Use the fucking search engine before you post. This applies two ways. First is if you are having problems with really basic questions. Type your query into the engine and read through a few dozen posts that come up. Learn from those. You will appear smarter when you have a rudimentary understanding of whats going on. The Second way this applies is if you have some epiphany about growing on your dogs droppings or how people think your space age air pump in an aquarium with LED lighting and 3 hygrometers is going to do. Chances are its already been asked and facepalmed a dozen times a month. If you are certain you can pull a zip from dog doo or get a canopy in a PMP, then rather than ask and argue about it, go and do it. Then post the pics. People here respond better to doing than talking about doing.

:havesomescience: 4.

Learn the basics before you start to engineer shit on your own. Nothing elicits a facepalm faster than someone with 8 weeks reading and a handful of tubs under the belt coming up with a paradigm changing method that we are supposed to switch over to. Learn the basics to the scientific method, and test things in a controlled manner. If you are wanting to run experiments then the first thing you need is to get your ass some isolates or at least stabilized clones. Don't try to tell me about how your method outperforms all others without at least a few side by sides in a controlled manner. Also don't tell me about how you plan to do something stupid and then turn around and call it an experiment. If its ms, if its not controlled, or if the sample size is small then its not an experiment. While out of the box thinking is good sometimes and can deliver unexpected and game changing results, its unlikely that you will accidentaly discover something on purpose. Pouring spores over turds in a field isn't an experiment, its not even really an observation. When children make magic potions out of hose water and lawn clippings its cute. When adults do that its retarded.

:douchewink: 5.

Check the ego at the door. Most growers here have little ego regarding this stuff, they burnt it away with hero dosing. Well maybe not :lol: However, while you might be super proud of your latest tek/discovery you still need some humility. Also understand that curt responses are not meant to hurt your feelings and make you cry. Its usually just that we are on a phone and can't get the damn smiley to work right. Toughen up a bit as well. Shit, most people here are committing felonies. Crying and being sad won't help you in jail, why the fuck do you think its gonna earn you respect in here? Maybe if a bunch of people think your idea is stupid or won't work well, perhaps you should examine why that is. Too often people just get pissed off or whine to the mods. If you are that sure your way is the shit, then do it and prove the haters wrong. Just remember that you need pics, or it didn't happen :smirk:

:mindblown: 6.

Finally understand that much of whats posted is opinion. However its hard to have an objective opinion on something you have never done before. But opinion is still something we are all entitled to and sometimes we need to agree to disagree. I will argue that GLC is the most inferior method of liquid inoculate. Its my opinion and I am entitled to it. Funny thing is that I have actually had really good success with it, yet its still not my jam. Someone else may really like it and have their own reasons for liking it. Who is right? Well we both are. At the end of the day, fruits in hand is the goal.

Okay I am done here. But for all you new people (and some older ones) these are things that I think we need to keep in mind when posting here. If you don't think that these things are reasonable then this is for you.

:huxleyfacepalm:

Edited by Pastywhyte (02/04/16 12:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion, Arkan... Flag
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #22861422 - 02/03/16 11:04 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Excellent post!

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

OfflineGroo
sola dosis facit venenum
 User Gallery

Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: Pastywhyte] * 3
    #22861425 - 02/03/16 11:04 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

"Check the ego at the door. Most growers here have little ego regarding this stuff, they burnt it away with hero dosing. Well maybe not :lol: However, while you might be super proud of your latest tek/discovery you still need some humility. Also understand that curt responses are not meant to hurt your feelings and make you cry. Its usually just that we are on a phone and can't get the damn smiley to work right. Toughen up a bit as well. Shit, most people here are committing felonies. Crying and being sad won't help you in jail, why the fuck do you think its gonna earn you respect in here? Maybe if a bunch of people think your idea is stupid or won't work well, perhaps you should examine why that is. Too often people just get pissed off or whine to the mods. If you are that sure your way is the shit, then do it and prove the haters wrong. Just remember that you need pics, or it didn't happen :smirk:"

Is the realest Shit I have read all day.

LOL PASTYS KIDS MAKE GRASS MAGIC POTIONS! CUTE!!!!

I think I have gotten 6-9 face palms for various posts. When I get them many times I just let it roll off my back like a duck because I know in my heart the ideas were Straight DOPE! Then after closer examination on a few of them, I realized I was being a DOPE ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Ohhhh on my self Ojhhhhhhhhhhh!! OHhhhhhhhh!!!

Okay yeah I will stop cracking Ohhhhhs on myself... My first 290 or so posts I thought of some crazy thing, Then did a search and if it had not been asked about I posted a new thread. Then I started selling PF tek jars commercially, that is when I came up with some no downside cut corners.

Enough of this and constant thinking on a subject will make any determined person come up wit new and REAL ideas. at the age of 17 I had an article written about an insane thing I did titled "They said it couldn't be done."

Even though I have been face palmed I think it has made me a better cultivator. Also everyone seems to think I am an Odd mofo Dunno, I don't feel odd. I have gotten You`re weird or odd my whole life. Guess it might be true.

Edited by Groo (02/03/16 11:48 PM)

InvisibleMajorDick
notbeingadick
Male User Gallery

Loc: Westchestertonfieldville,... Flag
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: Groo]
    #22861468 - 02/03/16 11:16 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I have nothing to add.

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #22861489 - 02/03/16 11:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:asianofapproval::congrats:

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

:takingnotes: Links and teks:takingnotes:
ND's grow log and discussion
Plant thread

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: Pastywhyte] * 3
    #22861514 - 02/03/16 11:27 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice write-up :thumbup: It should be linked in the welcome message of every new account.

Invisiblemaddchef
Vaginal escape artist
 User Gallery

Loc: Your mom's vag
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: MajorDick]
    #22861516 - 02/03/16 11:28 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Didn't read, too long, post tits?

I inoculated my grain jars through the filter 6 minutes ago and I don't have any growth. Helpz?

Seriously though I wanna say there are no dumb questions...........

But there are.

Read, look at the pretty pictures, read a little more. Follow the tek exactly, 57% of us are assholes but the fun kind- consider it initiation and acceptance if we rag on you.

After you read and see the pretty pictures then come post your stupid question. We were all noobs at first and probably asked stupider questions than you have.

--------------------
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.....                     

Easier than cakes

I do science and shit.

:havesomescience:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #22861593 - 02/03/16 11:46 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing short of Epic!

:justastonishing:

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22861619 - 02/03/16 11:51 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Here Here!

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. All the Benefits of a flowhood for 1/10th the price

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

InvisibleRocket

Loc: Land of the Freaks Flag
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: elasticaltiger] * 1
    #22861656 - 02/03/16 11:58 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Har har.
:harhar:

OfflinecronicrMFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: Rocket] * 3
    #22861723 - 02/04/16 12:13 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:manofapproval:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflinePsilosoulful
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: cronicr]
    #22861750 - 02/04/16 12:18 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:super:

OfflinecronicrMFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: Psilosoulful]
    #22861779 - 02/04/16 12:23 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

i will likely move this to getting started eventually.

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #22861790 - 02/04/16 12:25 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Damnit I knew I was the wrong forum :facepalm:

Invisibleoregon.trailboy
OTB
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #22861808 - 02/04/16 12:28 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:facepalm:

OfflinecronicrMFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22861817 - 02/04/16 12:30 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Damnit I knew I was the wrong forum :facepalm:

i just think it would go good there along side the how to be awesome

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Invisiblemaddchef
Vaginal escape artist
 User Gallery

#22861825 - 02/04/16 12:31 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

This place is drab lately. The how to be awesome should be listed here. Please make a pop up box. Also I like turltes

--------------------

Easier than cakes

I do science and shit.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #22861827 - 02/04/16 12:32 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Hey that's cool man :rockon:

Invisiblemaddchef
Vaginal escape artist
 User Gallery

#22861834 - 02/04/16 12:33 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I enjoy pop up boxes. Thanks for your enthusiasm pasty. You down with opp?

--------------------

Easier than cakes

I do science and shit.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Avoiding the dreaded facepalm in cultivation [Re: maddchef]
    #22861847 - 02/04/16 12:34 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm trying yo

:drunkdriver: :drunkdriver2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies