Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Ohion]
    #25982343 -

God I want to find patches like some of you are posting. I would praise the mushroom God's. In fairness I have found at least 3 a day everyday since the 1st but the spot I found is getting high grass and slim pickings. I really need to find a few new spots.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Yumeryu]
    #25982351 -

On a positive note. Today's finds.



My first morel. Can't wait to try it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Yumeryu]
    #25982436 -

Went out today and wasn’t expecting much.  I walked around and checked the interior of the wooded floodplain for a couple hours and had a small stash.  On my way out I stumbled up on an area that was fruiting really good with big ovoids everywhere.  I can’t wait to get out and check this new area more thoroughly after these next rounds of rain.  The ovoids are really big this year just like the morels.  Some of the big ones were moldy but it’s still nice to see big fruits like that.




Hide and seek lol :grin:




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: funkmaster89]
    #25982451 -

Killerrrr funk 👍


--------------------
God made dirt and dirt bust ya ass

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: herbtaylor]
    #25982598 -

Still no ovoids that I have found in Central Ohio and its not for a lack of effort.  Not giving up.  I have noticed lots of a suspect mycelium growing in river flood debris piles in places with lots of box elder and i think those are going to be my best bet.  Going to keep an eye on them.  Yellow morels where up last week good.  This week any morel I have found has been a bit past its prime.  I dunno if there is any timing consistency between ovoids in morels.

I might spend a day hunting mulch beds.  Twice now recently while driving I have spotted mushrooms from my car.  I pull off abruptly and jump out to see what they are.  People probably thought I was nuts.  Not ovoids... not sure what they are, maybe argocybe but from a distance it looked promising.



I'm 100 miles east or south or so from the Ohio river.  May take a day trip towards wheeling or cinci too.


--------------------
Set me off, see what I'm worth. Turn me on, I go berserk.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: herbtaylor]
    #25982600 -

Ughhh you guys are making me sooo jealous. I'm in the right habitat...I've probably put in about 30 hours so far and haven't found a thing :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Yumeryu]
    #25982664 -

Yumeryu said:
God I want to find patches like some of you are posting. I would praise the mushroom God's. In fairness I have found at least 3 a day everyday since the 1st but the spot I found is getting high grass and slim pickings. I really need to find a few new spots.



Once you get the feel of how and where they grow you'll find cluster fuck patches all the time. Until then definitely take others advice and stem butt the hell out of mulched areas. Make a nice bed in your yard if you have one or just spread everywhere you can. Most patches will produce in a year 2 tops. Good luck everyone :cheers:


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25982672 -

Today i found my first magic mushrooms and they were ovoids! I have only been hunting for a couple weeks and have been studying this thread and researching and its so satisfying that its paid off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: magicmushroomhunt]
    #25982846 -

I'll try south Ohio this week.
Will probably kayak.
How far from river banks should I be looking?
What trees should I look for? How will I know it's a over flow area?
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: MacMerdin]
    #25982885 -

MacMerdin said:
My preferred method of making homemade beds is to grow out pf tek jars and plant them in the mulch (or break them up and scatter).  You can get huge fruits the next spring.

This was my first homemade ovoids using this method:





Pf tek with brf or with sawdust?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Ohion]
    #25982897 -

Not sure if I'm aloud to ask this but I would like some advice.

Going to see Tool tomorrow night, about 4 hours away.  My Ovoids, dried from last year's season & are still very potent last I checked.

What dose would you recommend?

I used the "Dose calculator" based on cubes then subtracted 1 gram when we seen Primus & that was still too high of a dose.  So I was thinking of 1/2 that amount?

Any advice would be welcomed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: va hunter]
    #25982906 -

Dude I was stone cold sober watching a dvd of Primus, Hallucinogenetics and had to stop it half way through to take a couple laps around the apartment... jesus son.:uhoh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #25982941 -

Thayendanegea said:

Here's my first home grown babies coming up in my flower beds. Just planted colonized wood pieces into my wood chip beds last spring. These guys are gonna be beefy.:dancingshroom:




Nice.  I remember you saying you were gonna do that. :congrats:

This year I have three beds, four pots, and a tote bin fruiting.  It's cool playing around with different teks and materials, then watching the progression from colonizing to consolidation to sporocarps. 

The myc is now moving into a woodland area next to one of my beds and becoming naturalized in a spot that stays wet most of the year.  Armillaria is killing the poplars, maples, and a few oaks, providing much food for the ovoids and oysters I've transplanted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic]
    #25982954 -

Hey guys, hoping to get some feedback on these habitat pics. These are all taken within 50 to 100 yds adjacent to the creek. As you can see by the helicopters and the tree pic, box elders are ubiquitous in the area. Am I looking in the right spot? Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25982963 -

Tryptaphenalysergi said:
Hey guys, hoping to get some feedback on these habitat pics. These are all taken within 50 to 100 yds adjacent to the creek. As you can see by the helicopters and the tree pic, box elders are ubiquitous in the area. Am I looking in the right spot? Thanks in advance!




Some may disagree, but that spot looks too muddy


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25982979 -

A lot of the area directly adjacent to the creek is insanely muddy. It just flooded last week when we got 3 inches of rain. There are several streams that feed into the creek in a valley between the mountains. Much less muddy. Do you think I'd be better served focusing in those areas? Thanks for the input, brotha.
koods said:
Tryptaphenalysergi said:
Hey guys, hoping to get some feedback on these habitat pics. These are all taken within 50 to 100 yds adjacent to the creek. As you can see by the helicopters and the tree pic, box elders are ubiquitous in the area. Am I looking in the right spot? Thanks in advance!




Some may disagree, but that spot looks too muddy



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Tryptaphenalysergi]
    #25982987 -

Yeah an area that got covered with mud a few weeks ago is probably not gonna produce if they are there

Six inches higher in elevation would be better.

The second picture is a much better habitat. You want to look in the vegetation. Ovoids are almost always slightly obscured by vegitation. You look like you might be a week or two behind most of the other posters


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (05/10/19 01:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25983015 -

koods said:
Yeah an area that got covered with mud a few weeks ago is probably not gonna produce if they are they're

Six inches higher in elevation would be better.

The second picture is a much better habitat. You want to look in the vegetation. Ovoids are almost always slightly obscured by vegitation



Thanks koods. Im going to hit the stream feeding into the creek tomorrow. I have the damndest feeling that they're here and they are hiding!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #25983227 -

Amanita86 said:
MacMerdin said:
My preferred method of making homemade beds is to grow out pf tek jars and plant them in the mulch (or break them up and scatter).  You can get huge fruits the next spring.

This was my first homemade ovoids using this method:





Pf tek with brf or with sawdust?



BRF but I substitute a bit of pet bedding (PB)  for the verm.  It is aspen I believe.  You could use sawdust I would assume.

I use 1:1:1:1 BRF:VERM:PB:WATER

When fully colonized bury in your favorite mulch pile or break up and scatter.


--------------------
MacMerdin's Simple Pan-Cakes


Edited by MacMerdin (05/10/19 05:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: MacMerdin]
    #25983244 -

So I get a good feeling for the habitat. I've found a number of good spots within a mile radius of an area packed with ovoids. I've explored some other parts of the same stream within a half a mile downstream and found only 2.

Any tips or advice for finding patches such as how they move to New locations or anything that you've learned from experience. I plan on looking at an area that was a lake twenty years ago until they got rid of the dam. Think that might be a good place I hope.

I've found that even the best looking spot holds no guarantees but any help to narrow it down more is greatly appreciated. I know about flood plains and looking down into the plants and what plant

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,625 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,492 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 819 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,946 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,094 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,998 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,787 topic views. 1 members, 18 guests and 30 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.