Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: angiosperm]
    #25980728 -

angiosperm said:
do you guys think its worth it to go out after several days without any rain? i have a great spot but i notice ovoid flushes seem to decompose pretty quickly after fruiting. will any new flushes pop up without some rain?




Only you can determine the worth you find in getting out into natural areas and observing whatever crosses your path.

If you're talking about man-made mulch areas, I'd pass em up until a good rainfall...if you're talking about floodplains, there are always specimens to be observed during the heart of the season, recent rainfall or not. 

To your point about quickly decomposing ovoids...I guess that, too, is in the eye of the observer.  IMO, ovoids have a pretty long harvestable period unless extenuating factors play an unfavorable role... things like rotting celandine or heavy, thick, suffocating nettle cover coupled with very high ambient daily humidity can wreak havoc at times.  Ovoids that have good air circulation can easily remain harvestable for more than a week after reaching maturity. Thats a pretty good window, IMO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: angiosperm]
    #25980730 -

angiosperm said:
do you guys think its worth it to go out after several days without any rain? i have a great spot but i notice ovoid flushes seem to decompose pretty quickly after fruiting. will any new flushes pop up without some rain?

also heres my freshly dried haul so far (about 85g)





It hasn't rained in several days here and I found 11 dry grams today. I'd go try.


--------------------
Yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic]
    #25980735 -

What's the best way to go about innoculating new areas? This is my second year hunting ovoids and I very much want to spread them. I took a bit of the mycelium mulch and put it in a new mulch bed, covering it and watering it. But I would love to do it proper and successfully

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Yumeryu] * 1
    #25980773 -

Yumeryu said:
I've filled a few containers with water soaked cardboard and thrown the mycelium I pull out in there. They are growing already. I'll transplant them near my home once they really grow hopefully.




After many experiments using all the old, new, common, uncommon, easy, and complicated known methods--and many twists and tweaks I've come up with on my own--i'm a firm believer in not wasting time with cardboard, egg cartons, or other paper products. 

Get wood chips sold for meat smoking purposes...Apple is my preferred species unless I chip and dry out a maple tree on my own, but I like the ready-made chips for starting a new batch of spawn since they seem to be fairly free of contaminents right out of the bag.

Anyway, what I do is something like the following:

--boil the chips for about 30 mins, then use a plate or other item to push all the chips under the surface should any be floating at the end of the boil (usually none are still floating by that point).  Let it cool for an hr or so.

--pour the chips & water into a bucket for which i have a lid, top off the water so there is as little headspace (air pocket between the water & lid) as possible, apply a tight fitting lid, and soak for about 24hrs

--drain the chips and let them sit in a collander or the like for about an hr, open to the air.

--pour the field capacity chips into a plastic bag; a repurposed grocery bag is fine.

--add a couple stem butts or a small piece of colonized wood or even just a few strands of mycelium.  I cut whatever I have into tiny pieces so I have more inoculation points in the wood chips. An average stem butt can become 5 or more pieces of inoculant. 

--loosely tie the bag closed and poke a few holes, then put the bag on a shelf and forget about it for a week or so. 

--after a week to ten days you can stir up the bag to provide even more inoculation points to any uncolonized chips.

Depending on the wood chip to inoculant ratio, the bag should be well colonized in three or four weeks.  You can use those chips to make ten more bags or to start a pot or bed or other. 

Have fun.

Edited by relic (05/08/19 09:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Nefarsus]
    #25980799 -

Nefarsus said:
What's the best way to go about innoculating new areas? This is my second year hunting ovoids and I very much want to spread them. I took a bit of the mycelium mulch and put it in a new mulch bed, covering it and watering it. But I would love to do it proper and successfully



Bury stem butts in mulch. No need to do anything else


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods] * 1
    #25980817 -




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: myceliups] * 1
    #25980828 -

Denver just decriminalized magic mushrooms!  I don't think ovoids grow there, but still an indication that this hobby won't be in conflict with the law forever.

I still haven't found any ovoids, though, so I guess I don't have to worry yet! :smile:


--------------------
---


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic]
    #25980848 -

relic said:
Yumeryu said:
I've filled a few containers with water soaked cardboard and thrown the mycelium I pull out in there. They are growing already. I'll transplant them near my home once they really grow hopefully.



--add a couple stem butts or a small piece of colonized wood or even just a few strands of mycelium.  I cut whatever I have into tiny pieces so I have more inoculation points in the wood chips. An average stem butt can become 5 or more pieces of inoculant.



I’m glad you said this. Reassures me that what I did today might stand a chance. Took the advice from a few people here and added a colonized woodchip and a few stem butts to some mulch on a small blackberry plant. Figure they’re both about a 2 year project.

Hope no one minds. I know there’s a whole woodlover cult thread where this would fit better but I got the advice on this thread.



myceliups said:







Fuck those were really hiding in there under the ground cover. Now I don’t think I’m looking as hard as I should be.


--------------------
Once you see their technology you will question everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Nefarsus]
    #25980852 -

Nefarsus said:
What's the best way to go about innoculating new areas? This is my second year hunting ovoids and I very much want to spread them. I took a bit of the mycelium mulch and put it in a new mulch bed, covering it and watering it. But I would love to do it proper and successfully




What koods said.

Or make a few gallons of colonized wood chips using any of the myriad teks to get you there, then use those to inoculate mulch beds and/or natural areas. 

for areas not called mulch beds, find a good sized box elder in a floodplain and use a starter handful of colonized chips to begin your pile near the base of the tree on the NW side..add very small, easily eaten materials in one solid layer over the colonized chips... box elders are prolific sucker producers and you can often find a good quantity of dry, dead ones that ovoids love around the lower trunk of a tree which has lost its top as they so often do. 

Add slightly larger sticks in a criss cross pattern on top of that, keeping air gaps in the second and following layers.  Top off with larger branches around 1" to 3" diameter, remembering to keep air gaps, and finally add a layer of greenery...pull up some invasive garlic mustard or the like and make a good inch or two layer on top of your pile.

For the upper layers of the pile I like to use whole branches rather than just short, one foot type pieces.  And I like the pile to be about a meter tall when complete. 

Site choice is crucial but have fun with it.  I've done the type I just described and it fruited a tiny portion the next spring... I've also simply tossed hundreds of handfuls of stem butts into areas with debris as well as poked holes into rotting box elder logs, inserting a colonized chip or a couple butts, and made smaller, less intricate debris piles.

There's no right way, just right habitat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: St.Myco]
    #25980881 -

]
St.Myco said:
relic said:
Yumeryu said:
I've filled a few containers with water soaked cardboard and thrown the mycelium I pull out in there. They are growing already. I'll transplant them near my home once they really grow hopefully.



--add a couple stem butts or a small piece of colonized wood or even just a few strands of mycelium.  I cut whatever I have into tiny pieces so I have more inoculation points in the wood chips. An average stem butt can become 5 or more pieces of inoculant.



I’m glad you said this. Reassures me that what I did today might stand a chance. Took the advice from a few people here and added a colonized woodchip and a few stem butts to some mulch on a small blackberry plant. Figure they’re both about a 2 year project.

Hope no one minds. I know there’s a whole woodlover cult thread where this would fit better but I got the advice on this thread.






It'll probably be fine if you keep the substrate moist this summer. I made two more pots in mid OCT last year, using two butts in each pot, and built a miniature version of the debris pile I mentioned above in each one. 

Both pots fruited in the last week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic]
    #25980917 -

I spore prints on white paper, cutting them into 1/4in squares and spreading them as I go. Thinking about using a squirt gun filled with spore juice and hitting every dead log i come across. Im sure transplants are better but this takes little effort and can cover large areas faster.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: donwats]
    #25981416 -


This may be the last of my ovoid tubs if no rain occur.
Enjoy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: BU4O]
    #25981473 -

Ovoids?  Whatever they are they’re interesting.




Edited by Palmer1997 (05/09/19 10:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Palmer1997]
    #25981519 -


Here's my first home grown babies coming up in my flower beds. Just planted colonized wood pieces into my wood chip beds last spring. These guys are gonna be beefy.:dancingshroom:


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #25981620 -

My preferred method of making homemade beds is to grow out pf tek jars and plant them in the mulch (or break them up and scatter).  You can get huge fruits the next spring.

This was my first homemade ovoids using this method:



--------------------
MacMerdin's Simple Pan-Cakes


Edited by MacMerdin (05/09/19 10:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: MacMerdin]
    #25981638 -

Every year I say I’m gonna get a truck full of free mulch and dump it in the back yard and every year I forget :🤦‍♂️


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Palmer1997]
    #25981645 -

Palmer1997 said:
Ovoids?  Whatever they are they’re interesting.







Nope


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: beenherawhile]
    #25981651 -

looking good ! Thanks for teaching me ,more habitat .It was cool meeting up and hunting with a hournable hunter ,keep the traveling man way life alive ,sharing and caring about our earth and humanity!
I was able to use the technique yesterday and harvested quit abit !Beenherawhile is a standup shroomerman for those outhere ,who havent had the honor to meetup and hunt with him!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25981706 -

koods said:
Palmer1997 said:
Ovoids?  Whatever they are they’re interesting.







Nope




Thanks koodz, someone thinks they’re Agrocybe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: MycoBro48]
    #25981713 -

Read the whole thread first time out ever western pa. Growing in mulch near stream in clusters, hollow stem, smells like a cube. I'm not seeing any bruising, just picked ten mins ago. spore print pending. Not ovoid are they?




http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,625 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,497 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 819 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,949 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,095 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 141,008 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,788 topic views. 1 members, 20 guests and 54 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.