Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: phishhead]
    #25926666 -

Literally just stepped out for a lunch/walk at work here in Arlington and found these...good sign no?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25926869 -

last year was a couple days later than normal if only because of the cold March we had.  peeps thought the warmth in Feb would make for an early start but March's chill stuck a fork in that early idea.

I'm expecting a normal start and that's been backed up by what I've seen so far at patches I frequent.

Re: morels...I don't associate anything about morels with ovoids.  at a certain point it becomes too tedious (for me) when trying to associate every spring thing with the first major flush of ovoids.  I'd rather just head into the flood plains and look instead.

GL everybody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: relic]
    #25927007 -

My earliest finds here in NJ were a couple years ago on 4/20. I will probably go back out around then. I took a 2 hour drive south and saw some insane mycelium but no pins.  Also checked a patch close to home.  That patch is in danger of being destroyed.  It's an old mulch dump that hasn't been used or touched in 3+ years.  The backos had moved the other newer pile and backed into a piece of "my" pile.  Thankfully it's the side that is partly in the woods that really fruits and not the front side where the tracks are.  But im nervous I won't be able to get back there without being seen and also that they're going to move my pile.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: beenherawhile]
    #25927067 -

Nothing happening here in Kentucky.  There’s really no point i stomping around in a spot until the last week of April.  It’s like that every year here.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: funkmaster89]
    #25927074 -

Nothing in dc area yet. Not even pins. We need a good rain before anything is gonna happen.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods] * 1
    #25927449 -

Habitat porn



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25927454 -

grimlock said:
Alchemycologist said:
Nothing for me yet. Today was perfect, it rained the last 2 days, it's been between 50F and 70F for a couple weeks but I came home empty handed. I think we need more rain, as it's been pretty dry for a while.



Where are you located?



WV.


--------------------
Yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Alchemycologist] * 1
    #25927779 -

1st little guys popping up. Fairly close to relic and wubledub in central VA. Can't wait for hiking tomorrow instead of work

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Jaybob]
    #25928121 -

Nice!!! Man, all my mulch bed spots were totally scrubbed by the flood last year. Mulch spots are so awesome. Great find!


--------------------
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Wubbledubbledubdub]
    #25928137 -

found a creek by a jobsite in athens with some boxelders, popular, birch, maples hoping to walk around a bit and see if I have any luck up there


--------------------
Back at it like a crack addict, with asthmatic lung disease

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25928177 -

How do these translate over to the edges of lakes and ponds?  Is current a requirement, meaning the only potential spots would the the inlet/outlets or can they be around the outsides?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25928185 -

koods said:
Habitat porn





So beautiful. Looks like the places I grew up in, turning over rocks, looking for critters.


--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: TempestDnB] * 3
    #25928388 -

GA


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Amanita86] * 2
    #25928596 -

Amanita86 said:
How do these translate over to the edges of lakes and ponds?  Is current a requirement, meaning the only potential spots would the the inlet/outlets or can they be around the outsides?



I have had zero luck finding them along landlocked lakes. The current of a creek or river, IMO is a absolute necessity to bring the spores as well as flooded mycelium colonies downstream and deposit them. If the lake has a creek running in and out, then that, of course would be different.:mushroom2:


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #25928812 -

I went out to scout for new possible locations along streams and rivers.  How does this look?




--------------------
Set me off, see what I'm worth. Turn me on, I go berserk.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Ps.NoName]
    #25928851 -

:thumbup:


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Ps.NoName]
    #25929128 -

Those areas look perfect.


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #25929267 -

Found a new spot that looks promising. Right along a major river with tons of box elder logs. This is definitely the type of habitat to keep your eye out for.


Also, I lost my favorite stick. Have been picking ovoids and pushing myself on the skateboard with it for almost two years. Time to select a new one. I think I will harvest a nice box elder for my new picking/pushing stick.



--------------------
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Wubbledubbledubdub]
    #25929314 -

Anyone care to id those?^


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Amanita86]
    #25929361 -

Looks like agrocybes.  I found a couple of them like that yesterday.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,621 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,466 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 818 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,928 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,068 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,981 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,785 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 42 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.