Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Is there a "why" to existence?
    #2961330 - 08/03/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Here we are, conscious creations of matter and energy, navigating through this ocean of space-time we call reality. We inhabit a universe of laws which we continue to understand more of, yet are nowhere near fully understanding. We have 5 senses(or more, if you believe in E.S.P.) with which to percieve this reality and experience it. But to what purpose? Is there a reason behind all this? Perhaps it might as well not exist. So why does it? Is "why" even applicable here?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Is there a "why" to existence? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2961472 - 08/03/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

just be!
there is no reason
and we'll never know even if there is...
all we can do is make the best of it!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2961533 - 08/03/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think there is certainly a "why" to be learned, with respect to existence. I also think that we will some day know why, provided we don't kill ourselves off first.

However "why" does not have to involve some special meaning towards humans. This may all be an accident, or a statistical fluke of existence. Perhaps our universe exists as a part of a much larger whole (and perhaps "larger" has no meaning whatsoever with respect to "the whole"), only a small bubble of chance among an ocean of more "standard" existence :wink:

But alas, if I knew the answer to why I doubt I would be here discussing it :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Anonymous

#2961560 - 08/03/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My conclusion from my own contemplation of "why" is... because the only other option is to not exist. So it's a matter of, we exist because we can. This seems to fit with both spiritual and materialist-reductionist perspectives. The materialist version being: if it can happen, it will.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2961567 - 08/03/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Understanding comes after experience :smile:

The idea of a 'meaning' to life in the way many people wish to believe (ie- to be happy, to help others, to 'earn' admittance to heaven, ect.) I think are rather biased towards our species. Our idea of meaning exists as a subjective perception of an event to which bears subjective resonnance to another perception (ie work to make money). To fit a 'meaning' to the whole of existance in this manner would require a seperate perception outside of the whole. This is why I don't think there's a "meaning" in the typical sense. Rather, it's -.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2961638 - 08/03/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

At some point there can't be a why. Even if you believe in God or whatever, you still can't say why he exists. That is why atheism is the same as religion, at some point they cannot explain why things are, they just are. The question is just an irrelavent glitch in our small minds.

Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

Re: Is there a "why" to existence? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2961680 - 08/03/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Question: Why?
Answer: Because.

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
    #2961736 - 08/03/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe we exist as an echo to *GOD (if you believe such things). *GOD had to find a way to realize IT's self and here we are. *GOD is one and we are two. *GOD divided IT's self to take a look at IT's self. We are the material consciousness of the convoluted multi-dimensional multiverse which *GOD created to view IT's reflection in. Our brains are more complex and dense than any thing in this universe. It is possible they only exist to mirror *GOD's omnipotence. Besides wouldn't it get just plain lonely if you were the only ________ (no word to fill this space) that existed.

Or maybe we just exist because we can? Who knows? Not I...

*GOD/IT was used for lack of a term that could possibly express that kind of power.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #2962049 - 08/03/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ya!

To figure why we exist!

The greatest riddle of all created by the great cosmic joker who is always one step ahead and behind the next curtain. You will chase it and this question FOREVER and it knows it. While you are doing that all sorts of wonderful things happen.

Without it, there would be no challenge or mystery and our lights would dim and fade away. Whatever the FORCE is that moves things, it is insuring its grwoth and survival through this mystery, thats for sure.

To keep from going insane on the quest, it pays to take note of those wonderful things that happen as we bring our own personal meaning to existance.

Why is so difficult for us to accept what just is? Answering that question may bring you closer to the answer of the orginal question.

The way I see it, it'll never be solved because it was not meant to be.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (08/03/04 10:12 PM)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Is there a "why" to existence? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #2962812 - 08/04/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well, really we're just weird clumps of atoms that for some reason are moving around. what the hell?

I don't know why or how that could happen.. and i'm sure the answer is long enough I'd rather not know. It's just as well to take it as face value.. something happened, hey, I'm here.. somehow. Nice place, mind if I sleep on the couch? cool.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #2963640 - 08/04/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Let's dance

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2963641 - 08/04/04 09:49 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

> Is there a "why" to existence?

Our existance, or the existance of reality in general? For our existance, I would think not. For the existance of reality, I would think there is a "why"...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2963836 - 08/04/04 11:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

why not?

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2963897 - 08/04/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not so sure if we are meant to discover a meaning, or rather to create our own meaning.

I'm making my own meaning at least. And I feel fucking good. :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offline777
Stranger
Re: Is there a "why" to existence? [Re: deff]
    #2964499 - 08/04/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"Understanding comes after experience."

I wish that were entirely true in all cases. Unfortunately, most of the elders of this world have experienced much, and yet understand nothing.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Is there a "why" to existence? [Re: entiformatie]
    #2965098 - 08/04/04 04:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yap, I think similar. With your existance, you keep the meaning existant. Perhaps there comes a point, where meanings of many existances correlate so much, that the whole existing consciousness of the planet gets one coherent meaning...
So I think, the why is just: existance (of meanings which could or could not resonate) itself

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Is there a "why" to existence? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #2965108 - 08/04/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: Is there a "why" to existence? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #2965152 - 08/04/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:heart:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
    #2965272 - 08/04/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

we were actaully beings of love.Our creators are extraterriestials that made as a "slave" race.And to beat down our love and make us think about other things,theres this belt across the whole world,the belt of negativity ruled by beings of the 4th dimension.People on earth are their puppets and they rule the world so to speak.Thats the long term goal too,but not like it is today.THEY just try to break us down and down,and that gives them the negative energy they wish to aquire,so right now,your purpose isn't to be a slave,its to be one with everyone and love.LOVE NO MATTER WHAT.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Is there a "why" to existence? [Re: tnecseda]
    #2966593 - 08/05/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

tnecsda,

I wish I knew how your user name was pronounced so I could say it in my head.  :lol:

I know of the story you tell in the above inside and out forward and backward up and down. It is seen and comes from a duality perspetive, good guys and bad guys. That story has US and THEM in it.

I had to ask myself, how I can I accept this story and live in Oneness, live without fear of the bad guys, and transcend the duality of it. You know that once the coin of duality starts spinning , it's just a blur of one sphere-the whole of all.

To do all of the above, I had to understand a lot first, like who the bad guys really are. They are archetypes for the dark side "unknown" of us. They are aspects of our fragmented soul self. They are in service to the divine plan ( to know thyself)  playing out a vital role. They are scape goats to blame for our ils. They are phantoms reflecting our fears. They are MISUNDERSTOOD beings through and through. If we choose to give our free will or power away, they will gladly take it and beat us over the head with it. if we choose to fear them, they will certainly put on a scary mask and say BOO!

In another place and time, we are chillen with them talking about what a grand experience this was and are sharing war stories laughing it up. In another place and time, we are them pulling the puppet strings. If you can make them a part of you through understanding them, getting to know them as yourself, there is nothing left to fear and they have no hold over anything-zero power. It pays to have them on your side because then, there is only ONE- the war is over. They are really a bunch of pussy cats that purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

If anyone out there beleives in bad evil aliens and 4th dimensional beings who are manipulating us and you would like to understand more about them, who they really are, what their roles are and you would like to transcend the duality of it all and move into oneness with the whole of it, there is a great book to read called The Mission of the One Star. I will a post a link here to the site where you can download it and print it for free.

Only bother with it if you would truly like to move beyond that stuff. It'll take deication from you to transcend the fears lieing deep within. It can get intense, yet the author is very gentle in her approach and guidance. She is so courageous and an inspiration of One Love understanding. 

I know 4 other people who started reading it and they couldn't get through it. I really had to bite the bullet because I wanted to clear it all up once and for all and live FREE. They really just reflect our own mental slavery. A lot of people spout out stuff about oneness and loving everyone but could they have a comfortable chat with Satan, or Anu, or Lord drac. Could they say, ya, hes my friend and brother in this? Most all of them can't! They are doing busy fighting them off and rejecting them and fearing them.

Something tells me that someone here is ready to bite the bullet and move beyond it so I am going to post the link. I understand why people need or want to believe in that story as it is, without further understanding and I respect that. I am writing this for anyone who would like to take their understanding and transcendance of duality further. If you can get through the book and handle the integration, you will have mastered the gaurdian of the threshold-which is only your own fear.

http://www.alloya.com/book.html

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale