Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: I have philosophical evidence for the existence of God! [Re: Evolving]
    #2310016 - 02/06/04 08:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: I have philosophical evidence for the existence of God! [Re: ]
    #2310025 - 02/06/04 08:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2310034 - 02/06/04 08:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mr_Mushrooms said:
as an exnihilating preservative factor

I'm sorry, but my dictionary collection isn't as extensive as yours. Could you please explain what this means.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Anonymous

#2310070 - 02/06/04 08:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Anonymous

#2310076 - 02/06/04 08:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2310078 - 02/06/04 08:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mr_Mushrooms said:
I really apologize. I forget when I use those words that not everyone knows them. I am not being a smart ass. They just have precise meanings.

I'm glad Evolving asked. I don't have that definition, either. I sort of side-stepped it.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#2310089 - 02/06/04 08:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, I did know what 'preservative' means, I just have never seen it in that context.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#2310096 - 02/06/04 08:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Now, I take it from your explanation that this does not necessarily imply a consciousness as an attribute. Am I correct?

--------------------

Anonymous

#2310100 - 02/06/04 08:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Anonymous

#2310104 - 02/06/04 08:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#2310121 - 02/06/04 09:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mr_Mushrooms said:
You are asking for a lot, Evolving. :wink:

We're talking about all of creation, the universe... God, for Christ's sakes (no offense intended) - of course I'm asking for a lot!

Quote:

I specifically told someone, silversoul7 if I remember correctly, that I wasn't going to give out hints.

Several months ago he told me to mind my own business, I've honored that request and do not read replies that are addressed to him. :wink:

Quote:

The exnihilating preservative factor, has a consciousness.  It has to according to Ped's answer in that thread.

Thanks.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2310130 - 02/06/04 09:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

damnit mm will we get out with it already :wink:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Anonymous

Re: I have philosophical evidence for the existence of God! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2310135 - 02/06/04 09:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Anonymous

#2310381 - 02/06/04 11:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey MM I think that you have us waiting on the edge of out rollie cairs....harty har har har

:smile:

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #2316310 - 02/08/04 11:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

just as a note MR.M, i was'nt implying that i was skeptical of Ped's argument in that post.

As it so happens though, I Am :evil: .

Anonymous

#2322342 - 02/10/04 09:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2322379 - 02/10/04 09:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

1. In order for matter to exist there has to be an apprehending consciousness.

Why?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2322433 - 02/10/04 09:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

that was really weak. I was actually expecting something substantial.
and it contains a recursive proof:

1. In order for matter to exist there has to be an apprehending consciousness.

2. The universe existed before man.

if there must be an apprehending consciousness for matter to exist, then the universe could not have existed before man, unless you're assuming that God exists, which is what you're trying to prove in the first place...

in other words, #2 can't be reconciled with #1, unless you assume that god exists.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2322624 - 02/10/04 10:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, and I think I would tend to agree with you. I had just read this out of "The Field", the other day:

"One of the fundamental laws of quantum physics says that an event in the subatomic world exists in all possible states until the act of observing or measuring it 'freezes' it, or pins it down, to a single state.

This process is technically known as the collapse of the wave function, where 'wave function' means the state of all possibilities.

In Schmidt's mind, and the minds of many others, this was where quantum theory, for all its mathematical perfection, fell down.

Although nothing existed in a single state independently of an observer, you could describe what the observer sees, but not the observer himself.

You included the moment of observation in the mathematics, but not the consciousness doing the observing. There was no equation for an observer.

There was also the ephemeral nature of it all. Physicists couldn't offer any real information about any given quantum particle. All they could say with certainty was that when you took a certain measurement at a certain point, this is what you would find.

It was like catching a butterfly on the wing. Classical physics didn't have to talk about an observer; according to Newton's version of reality, a chair or even a planet was sitting there, whether or not we were looking at it. The world existed out there independently of us.

But in the strange twilight of the quantum world, you could only determine incomplete aspects of subatomic reality with an observer pinning down a single facet of the nature of an electron only at that moment of observation, not for all time.

According to the mathematics, the quantum world was a perfect hermetic world of pure potential, only made real - and, in a sense, less perfect - when interrupted by an intruder.

If the human observer settled an electron into a set state, to what extent did he or she influence reality on a large scale? The observer effect suggested that reality only emerged from a primordial soup like the Zero Point Field with the involvement of living consciousness.

The logical conclsuion was that the physical world only existed in its concrete state while we were involved in it. Indeed, Schmidt wondered, was it true that nothing existed independently of our perception of it?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Anonymous

Re: I have philosophical evidence for the existence of God! [Re: Frog]
    #2322669 - 02/10/04 10:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom