Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 557 | 558 | 559 | 560 | 561 | 562 | 563 | 564 | 565 | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | 575 | 576 | 577 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bonanzaman]
    #27515010 -

bonanzaman said:
sandman420 said:
this is all cobweb mold. It can has a pink tinge at times.



Hi Sandman,
So each of those plates are no-go at this point?
I inoculated the plates and some PF jars about 10 days ago, shouldn't there be signs of mycelium along with the cobweb mold? The temperatures have been in the mid 60's in the tote where I keep the plates.
And if there is no mycelium in any of it, should my spore syringes be suspect of not being viable at this point?
I just dripped the contents on the plates from both syringes.
I'd hate to keep using them if there is no chance of them working.

Cheers



Yes there is absolutely no cubensis mycelium there to work with, besides possibly on the first PES plate the small colony at the bottom could maybe be ok to transfer from but 99% not. I would look for a fresh spore supply and get some better stuff.


--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sandman420] * 1
    #27515037 -



Some good looking plates. Not sure about that Ghost T3; I sent T2 to grain but noticed that the remaining plates developed some white specs that I think are contam. Last two are a p cyan Wild Coast clone that got sent to rye


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TheDoobsker]
    #27515059 -

Sorry for the reverse order.
:mushroom2:


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Failboat]
    #27515099 -

I've had a lot of plates look like that 3rd to the last one and always wondered what is going on there


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TheDoobsker]
    #27515232 -

The delta are clones and the S. Are sporelite/sporeless/clearspore. I'm excited to run these Melmac again with a nice clean culture. I had a window A/C shit contams all over my work for a while :lol:


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bonanzaman]
    #27515234 -

bonanzaman said:
Hi all,
I'm brand new at this and not having the best time of it.
It was suggested to post my pictures to this thread as there seems to be a lot of people in the know.
I bought agar plates online and also bought two syringes of different strains. I used a still air box for the transfer of spores to plates and also PF jars.
There is activity in all plates and only one of the jars. Being new it's tough to know what is good and what is not and what to keep and what to throw away.

Feel free to comment on how I should do better and what I did ok.
Cheers








The left colony on the second plate looks OK as well as the colony on the first plate like sandman mentioned. I think the third and 5th plate have mycelium too that would need a number of transfers to improve. Spore syringe to agar could look fishy sometimes and that orange tint could easily be from the myc metabolizing green food coloring. I bet there's more mycelium there than many would expect but it is a tough call. There are some obvious mold colonies on the 5th plate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: multifractal] * 2
    #27515488 -






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: aNewBeginning]
    #27515546 -

Ohio ovoid!?! :begger:


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Failboat]
    #27515562 -

Quirkmeister92 said:
Ohio ovoid!?! :begger:



:pm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: multifractal]
    #27515702 -

multifractal said:






The left colony on the second plate looks OK as well as the colony on the first plate like sandman mentioned. I think the third and 5th plate have mycelium too that would need a number of transfers to improve. Spore syringe to agar could look fishy sometimes and that orange tint could easily be from the myc metabolizing green food coloring. I bet there's more mycelium there than many would expect but it is a tough call. There are some obvious mold colonies on the 5th plate.



Thanks multifractal and sandman. I really appreciate your comments.
I have 4 unused plates and will move what appears to be valid mycelian to a couple of those plates.
Is the timing for the transfers critical? Should I wait until they get larger? Should I only take a small portion and let the rest continue to grow?
Would it make sense to make up a PF type jar and drop a piece of that into it?
I guess I could do it all and see what takes.

Thanks again!
BM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bonanzaman]
    #27515708 -

I often notice that it's better to let the germination and early T# plates grow out a bit, let the myc find its feet so to speak, before transferring but that's only if they are clean; If the plate is dirty I transfer as soon as possible to a clean one though.

I transfered to this plate with very new mycelium from a germination plate:


From this plate to be exact:


Which turned to this (on the right):



Then made this plate from the same germination plate with some grown out mycelium once it had picked up strength and sectoring became obvious:



Decent for a T1.

Edited by multifractal (10/23/21 11:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: multifractal]
    #27515717 -

multifractal said:


Decent for a T1.



Very decent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: aNewBeginning] * 1
    #27515730 -



--------------------
Question everything, it's very responsive.

culture storage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Nichrome]
    #27515890 -

Nichrome said:




If I started a bar I'd call it "3 Sleeves."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Nichrome]
    #27516311 -

Nichrome said:




The color of your agar and the pattern of the filter grate always makes for awesome pictures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27516319 -

I’ve always wondered how a grate, in general, maintains laminar flow once leaving the even surface of the filter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ModularMind]
    #27516328 -

It doesn't prevent unidirectional airflow



Some even have holes very very small, like my hood.



--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sandman420]
    #27516947 -

Ps. Cyan T4.

Blue is LME with nutritional yeast and green is grain soak (wheat) water with nutritional yeast.






There are 3 photos of each plate.

It was near impossible to get a decent photo.

My phone camera can't seem to focus on the intricacies of mycelium on agar, even in macro mode.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: aNewBeginning]
    #27517821 -

Maybe the myco lights are shining a little on these two plates...

Had (and am attempting to salvage while moving on) a little bit of a rough go with some Blue MeanieMDK jars (BRF) that started pinning invitro -- but I did take two of the invitro pins and yoink them onto two plates. The only two plates I had in my closet. They were test clean plates that had just been sitting on the shelf for about a week. I had taken the parafilm off to let the condensation clear (and because they were test plates). ANYWHO, should I pour some more plates tonight and get ready to transfer from these? WHEN should I transfer? Agar is nifty.


Edited by xVadisx (10/25/21 07:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: xVadisx] * 1
    #27517832 -

If the culture is clean, I don't transfer at all. Sometimes I get lucky and get a T1 or T2 plate that look really good.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 557 | 558 | 559 | 560 | 561 | 562 | 563 | 564 | 565 | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | 575 | 576 | 577 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,337 topic views. 13 members, 120 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.042 seconds spending 0.018 seconds on 16 queries.