Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | | Last >
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Kryptos]
    #26347423 -

yeah; i probably will get some books, but tbh if i end up getting sick and shit has hit the fan to the point where i can't go to the hospital i'll probably just smoke a shit ton of opium till i die. lmao

as for the pollution, hawaii (in particular my island) is pretty damn good (except for when the lava flows, then we do get a good amount of vog that isn't very good for you. but it clears up pretty quickly; being in the middle of the ocean is pretty good when it comes to aerial pollution.

i like how you and koods keep on though. lmao


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: dreamachine] * 1
    #26348224 -

"Tulsi Gabbard on Being Called a 'Russian Asset' by Hillary Clinton"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: dreamachine]
    #26348363 -

dreamachine said:
Touche; but not here in Hawaii; though it has increased. It will all depend on whether or not an individuals right to own private property is allowed to continue, and whether or not my offspring understands the importance of land ownership and doesn't end up selling the land I leave to them. There might be some kind of lawyer shit I can do to ensure the land isn't sold. Not sure though.



I was thinking about this idea while driving earlier. This seems so weird to me. I think this actually explains a lot of the current political issues we have today.

You want to give your children your land, but at the same time, you're considering finding legal ways to ensure that they can't use it as they see fit. You want to prevent them from selling it. Why?

To me, this reads like a tacit recognition/admission that you don't actually trust your children to do what's best for themselves. You're trying to set rules for them even after your own death. That seems kinda fucked up. The implication is that your ideas are not only good, but perfect. That they cannot ever be improved upon. They cannot ever change for any reason. You're setting yourself up as the word of God.

I think this describes a lot of current politics for the same reason. Plenty of old people trying to turn back the clock, go back to the "good old days", because they can't personally understand the world. Instead of working with younger people and helping guide them to their own future development, they are doing their best to set boundaries, to force young people to retread their own path, instead of figuring out a way forward.

Of course, that won't work. It's a fundamentally flawed idea. In your case, if you managed to prevent your kids from selling "your" land long after they've grown and you've died, and your kids have no use for the land, then they will abandon it. You will have committed the ultimate act of taking your ball and going home. What could have been developed into a valuable piece of real estate...won't be. It'll just sit there, untouched, unused, and forgotten.

In my case, I've had a few former bosses freak out when I quit after a year. "But I thought you liked it here!" "But think of all the opportunities we provide" "Young people just aren't loyal anymore" Great. But your yearly salary increase is 5%, and this other company is offering me a 20% bump. I'd be an idiot to stay.

As Morel Guy's sig says: "The more you tighten your grip, the more you slip"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Kryptos]
    #26348827 -

I speak from experience. My grandparents sold much of their own land or their parents land, and they have all come to recognize it as a mistake. The youth often sell out their future for the present moment. It's not that I don't think i'll be able to trust my children, it's that children and the youth in general often act without thinking of the consequences; and often times regret said decisions in the future. You act like trying to prevent my offspring from selling off land I leave to them is somehow evil; do you feel the same way in regards to the preservation of national parks? Should we sell off all that land to corporations and have them develop it?

But it doesn't matter, you can try and chastise me for wanted to gift my offspring for generations land that they can live on so that they don't have to endure a lifetime of debt in which they never own the land they live on and which most likely in the end will go back to the bank they borrowed it from. You can call that whatever you want. I will continue to buy land and do my best to develop it in such a way that it has the ability to sustain my family for generations. You can do as you like.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: dreamachine]
    #26348889 -

Maybe your children want to live in nice condos in manhattan and have no interest in living on a patch of basalt dust in the middle of the Pacific Ocean 1000s of miles from actual civilization


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: koods]
    #26348902 -

Then they can use the land i leave them to grow plants or raise animals and to save up capital and then go out and do what they wish; but just cuz they might not want to live on the land i leave them doesn't give them the right to steal such an opportunity from their own children if it was their grandfather's wish that they had an such an opportunity.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: dreamachine]
    #26348921 -

I think they should build condos and a mall


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: koods]
    #26348928 -

kool


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: dreamachine]
    #26348937 -

Maybe a casino


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: koods]
    #26348939 -

:thumbsup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: dreamachine] * 1
    #26349048 -

dreamachine said:
I speak from experience. My grandparents sold much of their own land or their parents land, and they have all come to recognize it as a mistake. The youth often sell out their future for the present moment. It's not that I don't think i'll be able to trust my children, it's that children and the youth in general often act without thinking of the consequences; and often times regret said decisions in the future. You act like trying to prevent my offspring from selling off land I leave to them is somehow evil; do you feel the same way in regards to the preservation of national parks? Should we sell off all that land to corporations and have them develop it?

But it doesn't matter, you can try and chastise me for wanted to gift my offspring for generations land that they can live on so that they don't have to endure a lifetime of debt in which they never own the land they live on and which most likely in the end will go back to the bank they borrowed it from. You can call that whatever you want. I will continue to buy land and do my best to develop it in such a way that it has the ability to sustain my family for generations. You can do as you like.



First off, holy victim complex, Batman!

Seriously, are you capable of having a discussion without getting submissive and pretending to be attacked at all? Literally every thread now, you've complained about me "attacking" you as soon as I do something other than agree enthusiastically. Both here and in conspiracy forums. Koods might be able to hook you up with a bear, I don't really do that.

Second off: You treat this as a gift, and your "gift" seems to come with strings. That's not how gifts work.

As for national parks? Are you the national park bureau? Is your land a national park? (No) Then quit strawmanning.

If you're worried about youth acting without thinking, then TEACH THEM TO THINK, YO. Parenting and shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #26349084 -

Well as I said before, I would do my best to instill in them the value of land ownership. Pretty sure I said that multiple times. However, there are laws because people don't always do what is in the best interest of themselves and others. Correct?

Are you in support of eliminating all restrictions on industry? Would you like to dismantle the EPA? How about we allow murder and theft and every other thing that society has deemed as criminal. Your argument is lackluster my friend. It's entire point is to somehow demonize the idea of individual land ownership and the preservation of said land for generations to come.

Should we get rid of the reservation system and allow all the tribes in America to sell their land to corporations?

Just because you feel you'll never acquire land and or be able to pass it down through your lineage doesn't mean that my desire to do so is somehow flawed.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: dreamachine]
    #26349120 -

You don’t get to control other people from the afterlife. You’re just going to have to deal with it


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: koods]
    #26349127 -

True enough. But I think there are protections one can place on land that preserves it from being broken up and sold. So long as society doesn't collapse that is.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: dreamachine]
    #26349137 -

You can donate it to a foundation with stipulations to its use, but even those rules a probably not enforceable since you would be the only person with standing to fight it in court and dead people don’t have standing in any court


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: koods]
    #26349141 -

Well regardless this is all besides the point really. I'll do my best to get my kids to understand the value of land ownership and in the end things will go the way they will. Till then all I can do is grow my land and attempt to help others to do the same so that we can escape the slavery of debt and dependency.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: koods]
    #26349142 -

You can set up rules for someone to comply with to inherit something but once they are the owner you have no say. I think you should just accept that when you’re dead you have no rights, including being a dead helicopter parent


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: koods]
    #26349155 -

Necromancy is the answer.
Necromancy is always the answer, actually.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: ballsalsa]
    #26349161 -

ballsalsa said:
Necromancy is the answer.
Necromancy is always the answer, actually.



:hellyeah:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: dreamachine]
    #26349331 -

dreamachine said:
Well as I said before, I would do my best to instill in them the value of land ownership. Pretty sure I said that multiple times. However, there are laws because people don't always do what is in the best interest of themselves and others. Correct?

Are you in support of eliminating all restrictions on industry? Would you like to dismantle the EPA? How about we allow murder and theft and every other thing that society has deemed as criminal. Your argument is lackluster my friend. It's entire point is to somehow demonize the idea of individual land ownership and the preservation of said land for generations to come.

Should we get rid of the reservation system and allow all the tribes in America to sell their land to corporations?

Just because you feel you'll never acquire land and or be able to pass it down through your lineage doesn't mean that my desire to do so is somehow flawed.



Okay, so, you're gonna do your best, and then hope that the law will prevent people from doing what they want.

Then you list a bunch of strawmans, because, in order: Are you in congress, writing regulation? Are you the director of the EPA? Are you a prosecutor? No? Moving on to things that actually matter in your case, then.

I got nothing against your land ownership. You do what you want to be happy. Your insistence that land ownership is the way to go, and that your kids muct abide by your idea, is dumb, however.

No, I have no interest in land ownership. I have a house, and I am in the market. I own money and equity, not land. One of the nice things about money is that it has no borders. If the US goes tits-up, which I more or less expect in the next 50 years, I get my financially sound ass airlifted back to Russia.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Trump
( 1 2 3 4 ... 131 132 )
DividedQuantumM 80,078 2,635 01/19/21 07:19 AM
by STPLSD25
* American authoritarianism and Trump
( 1 2 all )
viktor 1,539 21 07/02/16 09:37 PM
by airclay
* Trump Will Beat Hillary In New York If He Is The Republican Nominee.....
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
starfire_xes 7,828 106 05/08/16 06:39 PM
by zappaisgod
* trump fix the country?
( 1 2 all )
robidoe 2,152 39 01/24/16 08:37 PM
by Falcon91Wolvrn03
* So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 82 83 )
Patlal 67,168 1,658 06/26/24 02:53 PM
by rxb
* Donald Trump - The Embodiment of American Fascism
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
Bigbadwooof 14,179 228 08/04/18 08:26 PM
by Enlil
* The Trump Phenomenon
( 1 2 3 4 ... 50 51 )
Count of Sabugosa 41,977 1,006 01/27/16 02:53 PM
by zappaisgod
* Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
qman 13,359 355 12/03/15 04:36 PM
by airclay

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
18,128 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 21 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.