Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineCoincidentiaoppositorum
deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #21909488 - 07/07/15 12:19 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

In response to bigbadwoof about Sanders, in all fairness I should at least investigate what this guy is all about, though I'm still ultimately pessimistic when it comes to politicians, if this guy can be the lesser evil of the available options, than I think that's the best we can hope for.

I'm going to review his policy and record and then ill get back to you on that, once I know a little bit more I should be able to form an oppinion one way or the other regarding Mr. Sanders.

-E. Borodin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #21909494 - 07/07/15 12:21 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

He has some of the best records I've seen with politicians. I have high hopes for him.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Achillita]
    #21909542 - 07/07/15 12:36 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Sanders will get torpedoed by the media same as all the mavericks. Then the moon bats will vote hill-billy.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21909588 - 07/07/15 12:45 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

So far he has had some amazing feedback. And while at first he wasn't taken so seriously, it's quite changed. While I admit the media could try to sink the bernie train, I doubt it.

Everything has already been brought up from his past that could get bad reviews. He wrote a paper in the 70s, that he laughs about how terrible it was. He was in a folk band, with him as lead singer. It's hilarious. And he said he smoked marijuana in the 60s, but only a few times. Said he didn't like it too much because it made him cough his lungs out.

He said he wants to know the long term effects of how marijuana legalization effects states before he makes a decision on it(which any sane person should understand). He opposes the freedom act, and thinks that americans should have their own privacy. And he wants free health care for all americans.

He is already pushing for that in his home state. He's been keeping his promises that he made throughout countless elections. The mass media is gonna try to bash him because he wants big money out of politics, and that's exactly who runs those corporations.

Bernie sanders has nearly doubled in polls, in only a few months. He is a force that the other candidates are gonna have to take seriously. I'm voting for him.

--------------------

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #21909754 - 07/07/15 01:28 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I'm glad you like it! It's my favorite quote, and it's very true! :smile:

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21909764 - 07/07/15 01:33 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Achillita said:
So far he has had some amazing feedback. And while at first he wasn't taken so seriously, it's quite changed. While I admit the media could try to sink the bernie train, I doubt it.

Everything has already been brought up from his past that could get bad reviews. He wrote a paper in the 70s, that he laughs about how terrible it was. He was in a folk band, with him as lead singer. It's hilarious. And he said he smoked marijuana in the 60s, but only a few times. Said he didn't like it too much because it made him cough his lungs out.

He said he wants to know the long term effects of how marijuana legalization effects states before he makes a decision on it(which any sane person should understand). He opposes the freedom act, and thinks that americans should have their own privacy. And he wants free health care for all americans.

He is already pushing for that in his home state. He's been keeping his promises that he made throughout countless elections. The mass media is gonna try to bash him because he wants big money out of politics, and that's exactly who runs those corporations.

Bernie sanders has nearly doubled in polls, in only a few months. He is a force that the other candidates are gonna have to take seriously. I'm voting for him.

Well said, and very true. If you vote Sanders, you at least know you're voting for integrity!

Quote:

Coincidentiaoppositorum said:
In response to bigbadwoof about Sanders, in all fairness I should at least investigate what this guy is all about, though I'm still ultimately pessimistic when it comes to politicians, if this guy can be the lesser evil of the available options, than I think that's the best we can hope for.

I'm going to review his policy and record and then ill get back to you on that, once I know a little bit more I should be able to form an oppinion one way or the other regarding Mr. Sanders.

-E. Borodin

People may disagree with Bernie's Liberal positions, but nobody is saying that he's a liar or a cheat. He is the most honest man in the race!

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #21909801 - 07/07/15 01:43 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

With trump vs sanders, trump will trump him. Go goofy Donald. Down with commies.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21909803 - 07/07/15 01:44 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
With trump vs sanders, trump will trump him. Go goofy Donald. Down with commies.

Even among Republicans something like 65% said they'd 'NEVER' vote for Trump.

He will not win the presidency. Bernie isn't a 'Commie'.

--------------------
FARTS

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#21909847 - 07/07/15 01:53 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

The pubs are like the dumb dems. If it was trump or hitlery, they vote trump. The tards all vote hitlery.

--------------------

OfflineGorlax
Male

#21909877 - 07/07/15 02:05 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Listening to trump's presidential speech he surely doesn't care what he says. He already sort of set himself up for failure by alienating Mexicans. Even though he was right on a lot of things. You can't just do that and expect people who have illegal relatives to still vote for you. Many people I know, work or know illegals. I guess he doesn't care. It's trump.

He's telling it how it is and that is just his personality. Blunt. Something that did make a lot of sense was that he wouldn't be under much lobbyist pressure because he can finance his own campaign. That was something that I thought was quite interesting. Usually candidates don't have a dime to their campaign and are literally paid to run. He doesn't have that problem with close to 10 billion.

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Gorlax]
    #21909944 - 07/07/15 02:25 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I don't like a lot of his policies because they cater to the upper class. He is not looking out for the common man whatsoever. Not to mention he has no real experience running any sort of government.(If I'm wrong, please correct me). It'd be just terrible to let someone who is inexperienced on any government level to run a country!

Bernie sanders has worked his way up from mayor to senate. He has over 40 years of experience, and not once lieing to win an election. Trump being bigoted and his complete inexperience is what makes him a no go.

Bernie makes sense, and actually wants to tax these corporations who pay NO taxes to the US. 25% of corporations don't pay taxes. They're supposed t make jobs with that extra money, and they haven't been.

Plus Bernie wants to raise the Minimum wage to 15$ an hour, which I honestly doubt trump would ever do. I just don't think Trump would provide any good change to the lower and middle class. He's definitely not gonna raise taxes on the rich, as it'd effect him greatly.

--------------------

OfflineGorlax
Male

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Achillita]
    #21909967 - 07/07/15 02:30 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Well it doesn't really matter if someone who much political experience anymore. Most of them are corrupt anyways. His whole thing is that he is a great leader. He never says he's a politician. I guess he can be considered one now.

Raising the minimum to 15$ is impossible. It would never happen. That's basically the entry level pay of college graduates.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Gorlax]
    #21909988 - 07/07/15 02:35 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Raising the min only leads to higher costs so its like chasing your tail, you never catch it. But the loonies are convinced you can get something for nothing.

--------------------

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21910036 - 07/07/15 02:46 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Raising the min only leads to higher costs so its like chasing your tail, you never catch it. But the loonies are convinced you can get something for nothing.

I know you like to name call a lot, but I assure you it doesn't bolster your arguments in the slightest. Also, there are many factors involved in cost, and the minimum wage is hardly the biggest one. It would have a small effect.

--------------------
FARTS

Edited by Bigbadwooof (07/07/15 02:47 PM)

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

#21910060 - 07/07/15 02:53 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Raising the minimum wage over a few years is entirely feasible. At the moment, it is almost impossible to live off the minimum wage. More money to spend = a higher economy.

We at least need to raise it to 12 dollars an hour IMO. But I think that someone needs to have some government experience, it's much different than working in a corporation.

--------------------

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21910274 - 07/07/15 03:44 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Achillita said:
Raising the minimum wage over a few years is entirely feasible. At the moment, it is almost impossible to live off the minimum wage. More money to spend = a higher economy.

We at least need to raise it to 12 dollars an hour IMO. But I think that someone needs to have some government experience, it's much different than working in a corporation.

Right, but there's more to raising the minimum wage than just doing it over time. Bernie Sanders understands this. He's not just some whacko spouting bullshit. In order to raise the minimum wage to $15, you would also have to kill the trade deals that have been killing America for decades. The free trade deals are effectively doing the same thing Republicans are always blaming immigration for doing. They're expanding the workforce to make American products, thereby devaluing American labor.

--------------------
FARTS

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#21910432 - 07/07/15 04:25 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Lets just print up money and hand everyone a million. Of course the loonies will want negroes to get 2 million because of discrimination.

--------------------

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21910655 - 07/07/15 05:11 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Lets just print up money and hand everyone a million. Of course the loonies will want negroes to get 2 million because of discrimination.

--------------------
FARTS

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#21910750 - 07/07/15 05:28 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

You know that's what you want. Do you deny it?

--------------------

OfflineGorlax
Male

#21910915 - 07/07/15 06:06 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Raising the min wage is like cutting a dollar in half and giving both ends back to the same person.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder