Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: Trump [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #22929949 - 02/21/16 01:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

All of Sanders's proposals are well possible. It's just that American culture is based on shitting on the younger, poorer, dumber and weaker, and as such there is little political will to carry out the sort of things that other countries manage with ease.

The idea of Trump with the nuclear codes is hilarious. I'd be more than 50% convinced that humanity would not survive the first term of the Donald.

Trump is basically popular for exactly the same reasons that Hitler was popular, minus the overt anti-Jew stuff. Namely, he is a predictable reaction to the massive corruption in Washington.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #22929952 - 02/21/16 01:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

OK that's it. You've convinced me to break my vow to never vote again and vote. For Trump. :hellfire:

He's the man for the job and to bring on the second coming. :pope:

And btw that a good imitation of the political forum. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (02/21/16 01:26 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Trump [Re: viktor]
    #22930009 - 02/21/16 01:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The other countries don't do it "with ease," they still struggle to deliver things they promise, and they don't have the robust economy that we do. I'm sure you haven't looked closely at the numbers. My wife actually enjoys politics and stuff like macroeconomics, so much of what I'm writing is parroting her (but she was a Government major at Cornell and she holds an MBA from U. of MD). The middle class would be taxed terribly here, not just the wealthy. Sander's proposals are even objected to by Liberal Democrats, forget Conservative Republicans. Sanders would never get anything past the Republican congress. It's not just the corporate elites and the military-industrial complex that needs to be overcome. The American people do not think like Scandinavian Europeans. YOUR taxes would would rise substantially without me having any idea of what they currently are. :shrug:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#22930044 - 02/21/16 01:49 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You're right about Bernie; nothing of his would ever get through Congress.  He would need at least to have the Senate, and it doesn't look right now like it's going to have any chance of going back to the Democrats at all.  One thing I will say for Mrs. Clinton is that she could get things through.  She knows how to make deals.  Whether that legislation would be any good or not is a matter for political and philosophical debate.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Trump (moved) [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #22930059 - 02/21/16 01:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

This thread was moved from Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology.

Reason:
Better suited for Political Discussion.

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#22930061 - 02/21/16 01:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

This thread was moved from Political Discussion.

Reason:
This thread was started with the intention of debating the ideas philosophically.  However, in time it has taken on an exclusively political air, so I feel it is better suited henceforth in Political Discussion.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #22930063 - 02/21/16 01:54 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

This thread was moved from Political Discussion.

Reason:
Not looking to undermine you D&Q, but this is a rant that clearly belongs in our political forum and holds little merit for PS&P discourse.  FWIW, I'm in full agreement with you.  Nonetheless, it's better suited for Political Discussion.

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 1
    #22930082 - 02/21/16 01:59 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

No, they do it with ease. This is because all Western countries apart from the USA have a level of trust that Americans have much trouble understanding. The average American is basically a clinical narcissist by the standards of just about every other culture on Earth.

I've been basically everywhere in the West. Americans treat each other like dogshit. There is so much more solidarity and trust in every other Western nation that America is like a war zone in comparison.

I'm really curious to know how my taxes will go up if Sanders wins. Not that I care about my taxes going up, because more taxes just means more services. But this is frankly a bizarre assertion and I wonder how you can justify it.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

InvisibleLoyola10
Stranger

Re: Trump [Re: viktor] * 1
    #22930087 - 02/21/16 02:02 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

viktor said:
No, they do it with ease. This is because all Western countries apart from the USA have a level of trust that Americans have much trouble understanding. The average American is basically a clinical narcissist by the standards of just about every other culture on Earth.

I've been basically everywhere in the West. Americans treat each other like dogshit. There is so much more solidarity and trust in every other Western nation that America is like a war zone in comparison.

I'm really curious to know how my taxes will go up if Sanders wins. Not that I care about my taxes going up, because more taxes just means more services. But this is frankly a bizarre assertion and I wonder how you can justify it.

I hate to say it but this is true. Most americans don't give a fuck about anyone except there own immediate family and maybe a few friends. Americans are some of the most isolated people on earth as well the concept of community is looked upon with suspicion.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
    #22930092 - 02/21/16 02:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

viktor said:

[url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/16-006/538936814-image.jpg
[/url]

If you really don't believe he'll raise taxes, you haven't been paying attention, he's admitted, several times in several places, and not just on the "rich" he happily admits to raising them on everyone

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22930098 - 02/21/16 02:05 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I hate to say it but this is true. Most americans don't give a fuck about anyone except there own immediate family and maybe a few friends. Americans are some of the most isolated people on earth as well the concept of community is looked upon with suspicion.

Translation: Americans don't like to support lazy people, them bastards!

--------------------

InvisibleLoyola10
Stranger

Re: Trump [Re: hostileuniverse] * 1
    #22930105 - 02/21/16 02:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

Translation: Americans don't like to support lazy people, them bastards!

This is true and I don't like the idea of helping lazy bums who game the system. However victor is right about the rampant narcissism and lack of community in the us.

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump [Re: hostileuniverse] * 2
    #22930115 - 02/21/16 02:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
If you really don't believe he'll raise taxes, you haven't been paying attention, he's admitted, several times in several places, and not just on the "rich" he happily admits to raising them on everyone

He's not going to raise my taxes though, is he? So why do I care about taxes going up for people who aren't me? Especially when there is a massive net benefit for a large number of other people?

--------------------

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump [Re: Loyola10]
    #22930128 - 02/21/16 02:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Loyola10 said:
However victor is right about the rampant narcissism and lack of community in the us.

It's not all Americans. Most Americans under 40 are like everyone else. But the current generation of American baby boomers are probably the single most narcissistic group of people ever to have existed.

This is why an utterly vapid and shallow fellow narcissist like Hillary Clinton appeals to them so much. If they vote for Clinton it will be their last gasp; the future of America belongs to men like Sanders.

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22930132 - 02/21/16 02:16 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

viktor said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

He's not going to raise my taxes though, is he? So why do I care about taxes going up for people who aren't me? Especially when there is a massive net benefit for a large number of other people?

The Israelis aren't bombing me, so why should I give a shit about who they bomb... Blah blah blah

Yes, I was pointing out your absurdity by being absurd...

--------------------

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump [Re: viktor] * 1
    #22930169 - 02/21/16 02:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

viktor said:

This is particularly perceptive, viktor.  It is true that we are essentially kind of like narcissistic pirates over here, and it's every man for himself.  God forbid we help our fellow man in need of it.  There is no social cohesion whatsoever; community is nonexistent, and even neighbors hardly ever talk to each other.  And Americans don't even realize any of this.  They're too busy waving and worshipping flags and watching Nascar over one too many Budweisers.  Times are many when I wish I could live somewhere else.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #22930213 - 02/21/16 02:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

This is particularly perceptive, viktor.  It is true that we are essentially kind of like narcissistic pirates over here, and it's every man for himself.  God forbid we help our fellow man in need of it.  There is no social cohesion whatsoever; community is nonexistent, and even neighbors hardly ever talk to each other.  And Americans don't even realize any of this.  They're too busy waving and worshipping flags and watching Nascar over one too many Budweisers.  Times are many when I wish I could live somewhere else.

That's funny because all the flag waving nascar watching neighbors I've had, are friendly as hell. It seems to be the progressive snooty elitists that I'm "beneath" and not worth getting to know...

And yeah, we help each other plenty, this notion that if we don't support every fucking bum with free food, healthcare, college and everything else they demand, that somehow we are cruel and uncaring is ridiculous...

--------------------

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump [Re: DividedQuantum] * 1
    #22930300 - 02/21/16 03:06 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

viktor said:

Hey, I thought you were British until this post :shrug:

Anyway, the striking thing about Americans, especially the middle-aged and older, is that they generally have so little idea about what's going on elsewhere. It's almost as if they think they're living in their own personal Truman Show.

Sometimes it's as if other people or countries don't even really exist, like New Zealand might as well be Narnia or some other fictional place where nothing applies to America.

Yeah it's every man for himself. Unfortunately Americans don't seem to have drawn the connection between that attitude and massive rates of gun crime, homicides, suicides, homelessness, shitty mental health treatment etc.

Americans who have travelled tend to be pretty switched on, in my experience, like anyone else. It's just that few seem to have travelled much outside of the USA.

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#22930314 - 02/21/16 03:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Americans who have travelled tend to be pretty switched on, in my experience, like anyone else. It's just that few seem to have travelled much outside of the USA.

Ive traveled quite a bit, mostly to Asia, and I don't believe any of this tripe about selfish Americans, I'm not selfish, I just don't want to support people who are lazy...

--------------------

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump [Re: hostileuniverse] * 1
    #22930318 - 02/21/16 03:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's the fact that you treat people in need as if they were merely lazy bums that demonstrates your selfishness.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale