Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Gorlax]
    #21910959 - 07/07/15 06:17 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gorlax said:
Raising the min wage is like cutting a dollar in half and giving both ends back to the same person.

Yep, and a few fools will keep asking for more of it since the last time did nothing.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Gorlax]
    #21911053 - 07/07/15 06:37 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
You know that's what you want. Do you deny it?

Hardly.

Quote:

Gorlax said:
Raising the min wage is like cutting a dollar in half and giving both ends back to the same person.

Hmm, interesting, go on.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell
Every one of you should see this video.
"Facts are chiels that winna ding, and downa be disputed" - Robert Burns

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: zorbman]
    #21911089 - 07/07/15 06:44 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Reagan was not an outsider. Was a two term governor from America's largest state.  He was thoroughly plugged into political circles.

--------------------
"The universe is endless, limitless and infinite.  Any effort to define it's boundaries is an attempt to overcome ignorance.  We are physical, mental and spiritual beings ... there is no beginning and there is no end.  There is only memory.  Our repeated loss of memory experiences create the illusion of beginnings and ends.  Immortality is the ability to retain full memory through all consciousness transformations.  Loss of memory is man's greatest curse and, in very real terms, death."

-- Ancient Taoist Master

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21912405 - 07/07/15 10:50 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
The Donald will make a good pres. We need someone we can laugh at, obumble just has his big ears, the don has lots to laugh about.

Solid stance on what it takes to be a good president :lol:

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: DeadHearts]
    #21912440 - 07/07/15 10:56 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:
The Donald will make a good pres. We need someone we can laugh at, obumble just has his big ears, the don has lots to laugh about.

We're kind of at this point.  None of them are really serious candidates.  Just corporate PR front men/women.

--------------------
"The universe is endless, limitless and infinite.  Any effort to define it's boundaries is an attempt to overcome ignorance.  We are physical, mental and spiritual beings ... there is no beginning and there is no end.  There is only memory.  Our repeated loss of memory experiences create the illusion of beginnings and ends.  Immortality is the ability to retain full memory through all consciousness transformations.  Loss of memory is man's greatest curse and, in very real terms, death."

-- Ancient Taoist Master

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: KauaiOrca]
    #21912460 - 07/07/15 11:01 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

KauaiOrca said:
Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

We're kind of at this point.  None of them are really serious candidates.  Just corporate PR front men/women.

This is true. All of these people are a fucking joke. I'll be "wasting" my vote on 3rd/Green Party across the board. But of course
The majority will Go with Jeb or Clinton because of the media coverage. Craziness.

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #21912494 - 07/07/15 11:09 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
The pubs are like the dumb dems. If it was trump or hitlery, they vote trump. The tards all vote hitlery.

So if the tards are voting hillary

and the pubs are "like the dumb dems."

that makes anyone voting for the donald what, A Super Tard?

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

#21912558 - 07/07/15 11:22 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gorlax said:

Raising minimum wage would be quite helpful, and I doubt it'd devalue the dollar bill. The last time minimum wage was risen, the dollar bill didn't increase any more than usual. It's to keep up with increasing inflation that way people can actually live on minimum wage.

Most of the money that should be paid to workers is thrown up the corporate ladder. America's CEOs have the highest amount of pay compared to their workers than ANY other place in the world.

--------------------

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: KauaiOrca]
    #21913270 - 07/08/15 02:24 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

KauaiOrca said:
Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Umm... actually there is a Bernie Sanders running this year, incase you forgot.

--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell

OfflineBigbadwooof
Trumps Bone Spurs
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Achillita]
    #21913273 - 07/08/15 02:28 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Achillita said:
Quote:

Gorlax said:

Raising minimum wage would be quite helpful, and I doubt it'd devalue the dollar bill. The last time minimum wage was risen, the dollar bill didn't increase any more than usual. It's to keep up with increasing inflation that way people can actually live on minimum wage.

Most of the money that should be paid to workers is thrown up the corporate ladder. America's CEOs have the highest amount of pay compared to their workers than ANY other place in the world.

No, printing money to bail out failed businesses inflates the dollar.

He's just spouting nonsense. I hear a lot of claims from the right about what raising the minimum wage will or won't do. None of which are substantiated.

Then again, I'm the 'loony' who believes theres a difference between raising wages and giving everyone in America $2 million dollars, so what in the fuck do I know? Lmao

--------------------
FARTS

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #21913466 - 07/08/15 04:51 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

KauaiOrca said:
Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Umm... actually there is a Bernie Sanders running this year, incase you forgot.

Sanders has zero chance of getting elected.  I don't consider that a "serious" candidate.

--------------------

-- Ancient Taoist Master

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #21913471 - 07/08/15 04:53 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Quote:

Achillita said:
Quote:

Gorlax said:

No, printing money to bail out failed businesses inflates the dollar.

He's just spouting nonsense. I hear a lot of claims from the right about what raising the minimum wage will or won't do. None of which are substantiated.

Then again, I'm the 'loony' who believes theres a difference between raising wages and giving everyone in America $2 million dollars, so what in the fuck do I know? Lmao

Raising minimum wage is, in many cases, a better way for corporations to spend their money than where it would otherwise end up. 

Problem we have in America is that thousands and thousands of the brightest in corporations spend a huge amount of the working time trying to figure out how to pay workers as little as possible to generate as big a bonus as possible for themselves and those higher up the ladder than they are.

--------------------

-- Ancient Taoist Master

OfflineCoincidentiaoppositorum
deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

#21913729 - 07/08/15 07:16 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bigbadwooof said:
Yeah, I'm glad you like it! It's my favorite quote, and it's very true! :smile:

Thank you for providing it!

Its a well worded way of expressing something I'm sure most of us feel to be true, its simple, easy to understand, and very effective at making its point.

Great qoute, thanks again.

-E. Borodin

OfflineCoincidentiaoppositorum
deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #21913774 - 07/08/15 07:42 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

From what I hear about Mr.sanders he sounds like he would be the best choice, though I have not done any in depth research....

I'm pessimistic that America will even be able make the right choice, I'm pessimistic because I think that the electoral college uses our votes as "suggestions", I'm pessimistic because our Congress is broken, things have become so partison that lesgislation will get killed just to spite the opposing party, I'm pessimistic because special interest and big bussiness have bought our politicians and have rigged the game in their favor, I'm pessimistic because I see hard working people, full time workers, unable to live on their wage.....

I generally try to keep my mind as far from politics as I can, its so negative, and often causes me to become physically sick when I learn about how things are being run....

As for the conservatives , Sam brownback put a bunch of ultra- conservative policy in place in kansas, and Kansas could not repair their roads, their schools closed early for lack of funds, and their poor could not be fed, meaning poor families lost their food-stamps....Kansas had to borrow money from other States.....right-wing policy will destroy America...these conservitives have convinced poor rednecks that they are fighting for them, when they say freedom they mean corporations being freed from regulations and taxes, they don't care about the poor fools who vote for them or their personal freedom....the tea-party was promoting Ayn rand's master-piece of shit "atlas shrugged" where the rich get fed up and leave and the poor are left in despair , it gives the message that to even smile at a poor person will set the world on a path of destruction....they openly promote this, and the poor rally behind them...WHY?

In politics you MUST be able to read between the lines, and the right-wing voters are failing to do this, they will get these scum elected then will be sitting there scratching their heads wondering why the politician is doing nothing to help them and wondering why things are getting worse...immagine Kansas under brownback on a national scale, or the recession of 2008 times ten.

...I'm not very enthused with the democrats either, I know I come down harder on the right, but seriously they are the ones bringing it on themselves.

Ive lost all faith in government, I cant believe that it works as well as it does, but it still makes me sick....

I believe in peace, love, kindness, compassion, and wisdom and gnosis, I have no place in modern politics, modern politics will turn a person like me into an angry pessimistic person, and that's not me at all....

-E. Borodin

Edited by Coincidentiaoppositorum (07/08/15 07:47 AM)

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #21913825 - 07/08/15 08:03 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

If I could vote in the US, Trump would have it simply because he is financing his own campaign, he owes nothing to nobody and he says what's on his mind, no written speeches, no acting, nothing. He's him. No super  PACs, nothing. Plus, I trust his judgement.

--------------------

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Patlal]
    #21914275 - 07/08/15 10:02 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Bernie Sanders isn't accepting super pacs or large donations. He wants Donations from his supporters, not from corporations. A person that is from the people is what america needs.

Donald trump may be able to run a business, but I doubt he has any sort of knowledge to run a country. It's much different principles. If you run a corporation by trying to save as much money as you can, there are usually very little to no repercussions. If you do that to a country, you are going to plunge us either into extreme poverty or further our debt trying to fix his mistakes.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day... [Re: Achillita]
    #21914369 - 07/08/15 10:30 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Donald is the clown prince of the gop right now. If he wins the gop will be only slightly less pissed than the dems. But he has to swim a river of shit while towing a barge with the rope in his teeth facing a stiff headwind. He will go down in defeat and make lots of money franchising his name.

The crooked as hell hitlery will trounce sanders with money, we all know the sheep are easily swayed by tv ads. Her crimes and dirty deeds will be swept under the carpet by the media just as it whitewashed billy as a harmless rogue when he was a traitor, thief and killer. That is if sanders doesn't have a tragic accident.

Maybe putin will run? Fake birth certificates are no problem, he discovers he was born in Hawaii too.

Then we get tired old jeb vs filthy hitlery and with the media shamelessly cheerleading for her, she slithers in. Jebs every suspicious move gets plastered on the front page, hitlery's many misdeeds get a light whitewash and then forgotten. Benghazi, where is that? Emails, they must have gotten lost.

Vote third party

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

InvisibleKauaiOrca
Waterman

#21914383 - 07/08/15 10:34 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Vote third party

We don't have a viable third party at the presidential level, unfortunately.

--------------------

-- Ancient Taoist Master

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#21914497 - 07/08/15 11:15 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

>We don't have a viable third party at the presidential level, unfortunately.

Only because the sheep all listen to the mantra of "don't waste your vote" so they waste it on the repubmocrats. Even if greens, for example, don't win they get more matching funds which makes them more viable. Vote third party or you share the blame for the situation.

--------------------

OfflineAchillita
Back to the basics
Male

#21914507 - 07/08/15 11:18 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

That's exactly true. You shouldn't have to settle for a candidate because to vote third party will would "waste" your vote. A third party candidate might very well win. They'd just have to be liked much more than the other candidates.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale