Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Jaybob]
    #25958553 -

Just sprayed clothes with permethrin and letting them dry. Gonna go explore new territory in about 2 hours. Wife is being gracious and has agreed to give me a few hours of uninterrupted hunting time (making sure 3 young boys don't burn the house down isn't easy).

Best of luck everyone!


Edited by grimlock (04/27/19 09:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25958565 -

Going out shortly to look where they reportedly grow in abundance. Hopefully some have sprouted. Seeing the posts from Pittsburgh gives me hope.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25958566 -

grimlock said:
Just sprayed clothes with permethrin and letting them dry. Gonna go explore new territory in about 2 hours. Wife is being gracious and has agreed to give me a few hours of uninterrupted hunting time (making sure 3 young boys don't burn the house down isn't easy).

Best of luck everyone!





Rare thing just happened here. Make sure you spray yourself good if you don't get Lyme disease. Also if you're in Rattlesnake area be careful pretty sure they start breeding now.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: CypressRage]
    #25958723 -

CypressRage said:
grimlock said:
Just sprayed clothes with permethrin and letting them dry. Gonna go explore new territory in about 2 hours. Wife is being gracious and has agreed to give me a few hours of uninterrupted hunting time (making sure 3 young boys don't burn the house down isn't easy).

Best of luck everyone!





Rare thing just happened here. Make sure you spray yourself good if you don't get Lyme disease. Also if you're in Rattlesnake area be careful pretty sure they start breeding now.




Hey guys I know most people don’t think much of ticks, but fucking treat them like they are carrying the Black Death.

I got nailed 4 years ago with LYME I don’t know about the other diseases they translate, but holy fuck if I dident have a bullseye wrapping from shoulder to hip like I won a miss America pageant, not lying you won’t believe how big that bullseye gets, fucker got me right on the shoulder.

My poor joints, I have never felt joint pain deep deep in my shoulder bones than where it hit, I wanted to have it removed at times. Once you get Lyme you can’t get it again thank fuck, but that dosent mean you can’t catch something just as bad or WORSE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Palmer1997]
    #25958923 -

Yeah, lyme can be a pretty serious disease. I know someone with lyme and its taken it's toll on her for years after the bite. I would definitely learn the symptoms and how to  prevent it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Rumblestrip]
    #25958948 -

The best way to prevent is to get the tick off of you ASAP by doing frequent tick checks. They have to be on you for a while until they actually transmit the disease most of the time.


--------------------


Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Moria841]
    #25959050 -

1.  Tuck pant legs into socks, tuck shirt in & spray heavily with
Quote:
DEEP WOODS OFF




2.  Wear light colored clothing = you spot them faster!

3.  Check yourself frequently.

4.  Once home, do a quick inspection & either throw ALL cloths in dryer or washer on HOTTEST setting & either wash or dry them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: va hunter]
    #25959201 -

Found 3 today before it started raining.



--------------------
Yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Alchemycologist]
    #25959532 -

Checked out a new stream today, no luck. From what I'm learning, the banks were way too steep, so there were no floodplains really to speak of, and the soil was more muddy than sandy. Oh well, on to the next one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25959607 -

Today’s pix



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25959618 -

Nice ones koods

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: doctorghosty]
    #25959743 -

I couldn't believe my eyes when I found this patch because I saw it a week before this while driving past them when they were a bright brown cluster. I had a strong intuition to check there when driving the other direction but forgot until after I passed it. Low & behold six days afterwards I come back, remember to check it out & I find the densest cluster of any Psilocybe species I had ever found. I could have taken more pictures of harvesting it because seriously it was a sight to behold unlike any other I've ever seen but I guess that's for human eyes only. This patch ended up weighing a solid 5lbs or 2.27kgs fresh. :shocked:



--------------------
:grin::mushroom2::stoned::mushroom2::grin:

~ Love All For Being ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGnWzr5hXc


Edited by shroomguy087 (04/27/19 10:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: shroomguy087]
    #25959857 -

Those mulch fruitings can be massive



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25959901 -

:wat:


--------------------


Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Moria841]
    #25960132 -






--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: avidpicker]
    #25960202 -

yesterday's walk still haven't found anything active. I'm going to the Tuscarawas river to check out the erie canal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: shroomguy087]
    #25960283 -

shroomguy087 said:
I couldn't believe my eyes when I found this patch because I saw it a week before this while driving past them when they were a bright brown cluster. I had a strong intuition to check there when driving the other direction but forgot until after I passed it. Low & behold six days afterwards I come back, remember to check it out & I find the densest cluster of any Psilocybe species I had ever found. I could have taken more pictures of harvesting it because seriously it was a sight to behold unlike any other I've ever seen but I guess that's for human eyes only. This patch ended up weighing a solid 5lbs or 2.27kgs fresh. :shocked:





My god dude.... I tip my cap to you good sir for one hell of a fucking find.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: AdamTonk999]
    #25960478 -

Another Pittsburgh area hunter here (Just north/west outside the city).

Yesterday was my first hunt ever. I found nothing walking the woods and creek beds at a local wooded park. I was targeting a small isolated clearing found using google maps. When I got to the clearing it was sunny and warm, ground was soaked from all the rain we been having, and there was a hawk feeding across the way. With-in seconds found what I thought was a ovoid, but it never bruised and the spore print didn't take. Also found 3 large mushrooms about the size on my hand, they didn't bruise and let them be. Only found these four mushrooms in about 3.5 hours of walking, all on the outskirts of this damp sunny clearing. I'll hit a few more local parks this week, maybe the Ohio river itself, but after 911 thats not really tolerated in my area.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: donwats]
    #25960504 -

Couple new spots this morning before the heat kicked in


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Jaybob]
    #25960532 -

Jaybob said:
Couple new spots this morning before the heat kicked in





Spot the Pluteus... :laugh:

I just found a set of trails on a creek right next to a saw mill...might check it out here in a few mins.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,621 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,467 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 819 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,930 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,069 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,989 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,786 topic views. 1 members, 11 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.