Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25957166 -

grimlock said:
magicmushroomhunt said:
How do you tell if a tree is a a box elder?



I haven't tried looking for them yet but my guess is, since it's a maple, look for those helicopter seeds. Then the leaves don't look like the maple leaf on the Canadian flag...the look  kinda like poison ivy leaves but wavier.

Anyone with more experience feel free to chime in :laugh:



Poison ivy tree. That's a good way to describe the leaves

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: beenherawhile]
    #25957181 -

If there's any Jersey hunters here, PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25957186 -

grimlock said:
magicmushroomhunt said:
How do you tell if a tree is a a box elder?



I haven't tried looking for them yet but my guess is, since it's a maple, look for those helicopter seeds. Then the leaves don't look like the maple leaf on the Canadian flag...the look  kinda like poison ivy leaves but wavier.

Anyone with more experience feel free to chime in :laugh:



Young box elders look A LOT like poison ivy. The younger stems and branches are usually green as well and they often grow in thickets


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25957265 -

Had some time while out on business yesterday for a 1.5 hour drive to go hunt.  I hunted the tip of the Pan handle in all three states along the Ohio and surrounding creeks and parks.  No Ovoids, the only thing I collected were ticks.  They are no joke this year!  The big dog ticks freak me out, but I also removed deer ticks from my clothing and one digging in by my knee.  Here's some pics from the outing.






edited to put the Galerina pic back in

Edited by theMickster (04/27/19 06:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: theMickster]
    #25957291 -

Evertime I go hunting I pull ticks off me. Nice wood pecker holes


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: theMickster] * 1
    #25957297 -

I only found one ovoid today.



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: CypressRage]
    #25957309 -

CypressRage said:
Evertime I go hunting I pull ticks off me. Nice wood pecker holes



I haven't even seen a tick yet. And I haven't busted out the deet or the permethrin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: koods]
    #25957334 -

koods said:
I only found one ovoid today.





I think they’re hiding, and we’re on the verge of a major outbreak. If anything it’s going to rain for 4 days next weekend too. If I don’t find any in the next month I’ll be astonished.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25957348 -

grimlock said:
magicmushroomhunt said:
How do you tell if a tree is a a box elder?



I haven't tried looking for them yet but my guess is, since it's a maple, look for those helicopter seeds. Then the leaves don't look like the maple leaf on the Canadian flag...the look  kinda like poison ivy leaves but wavier.

Anyone with more experience feel free to chime in :laugh:




to me the leaves on the tree look like poison ivy, as in 3 leafs per node. I always called them posin ivy trees until i realized they were box elder. and yes they have the helicopter seed pods.  from what i see here in the south woodpeckers love them and are often covered with holes


--------------------
Back at it like a crack addict, with asthmatic lung disease

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: CypressRage]
    #25957395 -

CypressRage said:
Evertime I go hunting I pull ticks off me. Nice wood pecker holes



Yeah man, ticks can suck it!
The square-sided holes are the work of the Pileated woodpecker, crow sized and with a red woody woodpecker crest.
I'm kind of a bird dork as well as a fungulphyle. Lol!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: bloodycarcass]
    #25957399 -

Do they only grow near water?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: theMickster] * 1
    #25957453 -

We have a stump next to our house and I pulled a piece off and termites where in there. The next afternoon, half the stump was gone. Wood rockers ate all the termites.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25957477 -

grimlock said:
CypressRage said:
Evertime I go hunting I pull ticks off me. Nice wood pecker holes



I haven't even seen a tick yet. And I haven't busted out the deet or the permethrin.



Bust it out.  I had one two weeks ago after looking for morel spots in NoVA.  Since then I've been ringing my boots and belt with picardin and that seems to be working, treating with permethrin tomorrow though.


--------------------
---


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: iAmuseMe]
    #25957616 -

iAmuseMe said:
Bust it out.  I had one two weeks ago after looking for morel spots in NoVA.  Since then I've been ringing my boots and belt with picardin and that seems to be working, treating with permethrin tomorrow though.



Thanks for the tip. Will do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: grimlock]
    #25957653 -

Update on the first big patch I found in the city:
https://ibb.co/HCCN3Zn
https://ibb.co/X24mK1Y
https://ibb.co/HTMwM0k
We decided to pick up trash in garbage bags so we looked less suspicious and when we got to the spot we picked up the shrooms and threw em in a bag within the bag. I just ripped the voids with big chuncks of myc attached because it would be too suspect to harvest them properly, they are mostly babies but I didn’t feel like going back and check it plus we saw other hunters in the area so I just scooped em. I did leave a few clusters of pins cause I didn’t want to decimate the patch. They are a cool phenotype they were very blue when we spotted them and they had that pnw look to em.
Anyway I was drivin today and I spotted a huge patch but it’s in an even tougher public spot, probably a few thousand shrooms in the patch so I’m tryna decide to go at night or in the early cause either way I’m gonna be doing some sketchy shit for at least 10min. Idk if I will cut them, I don’t want to disturb the myc but I’d be there a half hour or more with scissors so idk.


--------------------

You never kno

Edited by Shroomhunts (04/26/19 07:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Shroomhunts]
    #25957682 -

You can just pull them up. The myc will be fine.


--------------------
Yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Alchemycologist] * 1
    #25957887 -

My spots are slowly beginning  to wake upu!!!! Here is just a few photos of beautiful fruits and pins.


--------------------
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
― Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: Wubbledubbledubdub]
    #25958307 -

This is the first season in almost a decade that has started before may in my area. Things are looking good already. Pittsburgh area, just got out here half hour ago and mulch beds are blowing up. I'll post end of days finds.


Newer hunters, please check all your finds. These galerina were 2 feet away from those clusters of ovoids. I almost overlooked them .
. Good luck everyone


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: avidpicker]
    #25958362 -



Some nice habitat pics in South Georgia - been having a dry spell around my area so no finds so far...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official 2019 Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata thread [Re: AdamTonk999]
    #25958387 -

Man I love reading all this. No hiking today sadly for me so here's some mulch pics


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* East coast 2021 ovoideocystidiata thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
Shroomhunts 43,625 1,032 02/01/22 06:13 AM
by SandwichMan
* First Psilocybe for the season aussishroomhead 1,407 6 04/24/02 05:04 AM
by MagicRooms
* ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
obtuse 43,492 177 06/20/22 08:34 PM
by Tas75
* Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata? Geeguy24 819 10 05/04/21 02:24 PM
by Geeguy24
* OFFICIAL 2021 Florida actives thread (No ID Request)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Doc9151M 8,394 124 07/20/22 08:16 PM
by AnTron
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,947 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* **Official Victoria Psilocybin Season 2021** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ent 52,094 363 08/10/21 04:37 AM
by discobean
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,998 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
74,787 topic views. 0 members, 25 guests and 32 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.