Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Proving my Computer Exists.
    #1213779 - 01/13/03 06:34 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I experience 2 types of 'worlds'.

EXOREALITY = or Outside world. The consistent stable world. You know, the world where things appear so stable and consitent that behavior such as lunar halos are clues to the shape of ice crystals...

ENDOREALITY = The 'inside' world. Or the dreamworld. the world you can experience when lucid dreaming or astral projecting ect...

When it comes to proving whether these worlds exist outside of me or not... There are only two roads that I know of, to travel:

A.)I can tell that I did not create this world I percieve. Therefore it must exist outside of me.

B.)My personal observation that this world wasnt created in my mind could be wrong or an illusion.

Now, I look at my endoreality or exoreality and I think, "Is this a real place that exists outside of me?". If I choose A. then i have no choice but to conclude that exoreality and endoreality both exist outside of me. If i choose B. then I have no choice but to doubt the validity of both worlds. Right now I choose C.)confusion.
What's your take on the matter?

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Proving my Computer Exists. [Re: David_Scape]
    #1213850 - 01/13/03 06:59 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Is solipsism bugging you?

Well, there is no direct argument against it.
However, if you like being productive, solipsism is easy to get over.
If being counterproductive is your bag, then "Dude... you're just a software program being manipulated on a quantum computer... think SIM City 2003".

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
Re: Proving my Computer Exists. [Re: Sclorch]
    #1213952 - 01/13/03 07:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"Is solipsism bugging you?"

Um yes solipsism is bugging me. But If I accept that my dreamworld is not the doing of my own mind then I have to intergrate the implications of it not being a dreamworld. Im interested in other peoples ground on this.

"However, if you like being productive, solipsism is easy to get over.
If being counterproductive is your bag, then "Dude... you're just a software program being manipulated on a quantum computer... think SIM City 2003".
"

I wouldnt dream of letting it hinder my productivity. These are just thoughts. :laugh:

If I were just contemplating external reality then I would get over it pretty quickly.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Edited by David_Scape (01/13/03 10:09 AM)

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Proving my Computer Exists. [Re: David_Scape]
    #1214263 - 01/13/03 09:56 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

It exists inside you and all about you.  You are creating it, and it is creating you(notice the present tense).  It's all concrete, and it's all an illusion.

Are you less confused? :grin:

Just my take on the matter.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Proving my Computer Exists. [Re: Sclorch]
    #1214394 - 01/13/03 10:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

"Dude... you're just a software program being manipulated on a quantum computer... think

Well most, it has to more with heuristics and the way you implement AI software. At the end the number of valid reactions are linked directly to the number of sensors and the automatic response (AI power) it can output.

You can compare this to human behaviour to some degree. Our personality (ego, intelligence, actions, reactions) is a result of a)Genetics b)Enviroment interaction. The same thing happens with computers, in fact this is a computing paradigm, in a genetics comparison, computers have more probabilities to output similar answers to the same question because they are running the same exact software. This software is arranged towards an objective, be it learned or not, the programer is its god and his directives will allways be respected. Humans have the share a common DNA code, just like a program but contrary to any software program it creates itself and reacts since the beginning with an objective , wich is the creation of the self, the permanent result of the fusion of two diferent sexual cells.
In terms of enviroment interaction, wich is the way we analyse the exterior world and react with it using our senses. Humans have 5 senses, computers might have such senses and more but its software and computing power is not powerful enough to boost him to a point they compreend reality has we do.
Besides this two factors, we have to ponder spirituality as a force playing a principal role, for us humans, to compreend this reality. There are still many things to explain, many even seeming higly non logical, that's why i believe that what will always separate us, humans from machines, is our software let us make questions wich we can respond with possible non logical answers, imagination, lucid dreaming, are they existing realms, how ? - No computer can make this question, we just can't give the answer.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Anonymous

Re: Proving my Computer Exists. [Re: MAIA]
    #1214412 - 01/13/03 10:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Extremely well said! :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order