Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Introspection Vs. Being Happy
    #10107753 -

Which do you prefer?

Maybe some people find it easy to smile all the time when they are constantly analyzing- but I personally find deep thinking to be somewhat depressing- but I am hooked on that type of thinking.

seems more real then telling myself everything is fine and dandy when it isn't. whether about personal life or society it doesn't matter.

Maybe living in NY is having a bad effect on me or something......

interested to hear your ideas!:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: skatealex2]
    #10107847 -

blah. now that I am high i feel good- I enjoy my introspection way more! lol    was sober for 48 hours- was starting to get to me!

Edited by skatealex2 (04/04/09 11:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: skatealex2]
    #10108001 -

I find that if I go out and take all of the necessary steps towards allieviating whatever is bothering me, then I feel better.  Just remember being human means failing, being depressed, feeling overly anxious along with heaps of frustration as well.  The kicker I guess is whether negative thoughts dominate your thinking unnecessarily. If that is the case, then it would be a good time to disconnect the bad wire and reroute it somewhere else so to speak.

And to answer your question...I like both :smile:

Edited by Gabbro (04/04/09 11:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Gabbro]
    #10108368 -

withdrawal symptoms gettin to ya eh


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Noteworthy]
    #10109517 -

sometimes you have to go down before you can go up

usually depression from introspection comes at the realization that things you previously sought enjoyment from (or that others seem to be having a blast with) maybe aren't that fulfilling...

but things get better from there :smile:

the most important thing in my opinion, is that you're "true to yourself", as cliche as that is. try to clear your mind and see what your real interests are, without the thought of external image :smile:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: skatealex2]
    #10109875 -

skatealex2 said:
Maybe living in NY is having a bad effect on me or something......



most definantly. to be happy we have to live healthy and not give fuel to negative energies. NY is full of it. pretty soon your going to have ELF waves blasting everyone, and the chemtrails. :eek:

just take care of yourself and spread love through truth. :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: skatealex2]
    #10109961 -

skatealex2 said:
Which do you prefer?

Maybe some people find it easy to smile all the time when they are constantly analyzing- but I personally find deep thinking to be somewhat depressing- but I am hooked on that type of thinking.

seems more real then telling myself everything is fine and dandy when it isn't. whether about personal life or society it doesn't matter.

Maybe living in NY is having a bad effect on me or something......

interested to hear your ideas!:mushroom2:



People who are happy all the time are probably a little messed up!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: skatealex2]
    #10115383 -

skatealex2 said:
Which do you prefer?

Maybe some people find it easy to smile all the time when they are constantly analyzing- but I personally find deep thinking to be somewhat depressing- but I am hooked on that type of thinking.

seems more real then telling myself everything is fine and dandy when it isn't. whether about personal life or society it doesn't matter.

Maybe living in NY is having a bad effect on me or something......

interested to hear your ideas!:mushroom2:




Being happy,relaxed,satisfied is everything. All that useless deep thinking is our unskillful attempts to get to happiness.

The Tao states to empty the mind and fill the belly. Leave the thinking to experts.:satansmoking:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Icelander]
    #10115987 -

I find that the more I think, and the more knowledge I gain, the more I realize how meaningless desire is. The truly enlightened man is neither happy or sad because he wants nothing and can have nothing taken away from him.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Lancaster]
    #10116002 -

Quote:
Lancaster said: The truly enlightened man is neither happy or sad because he wants nothing and can have nothing taken away from him.



Why wouldn't you be happy in this situation?


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: skatealex2]
    #10116041 -

skatealex2 said:
Which do you prefer?

Maybe some people find it easy to smile all the time when they are constantly analyzing- but I personally find deep thinking to be somewhat depressing- but I am hooked on that type of thinking.

seems more real then telling myself everything is fine and dandy when it isn't. whether about personal life or society it doesn't matter.

Maybe living in NY is having a bad effect on me or something......

interested to hear your ideas!:mushroom2:



Introspection leads to the greatest happyness imaginable, dwelling on pointless transient things is not introspection imo

Introspection for me is discerning the real from the unreal, seeing things for what they are not what your mind makes them out to be

:peace:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Lancaster]
    #10116075 -

Lancaster said:
I find that the more I think, and the more knowledge I gain, the more I realize how meaningless desire is. The truly enlightened man is neither happy or sad because he wants nothing and can have nothing taken away from him.




:lol:

That's a long fortune cookie.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Lancaster]
    #10116199 -

Lancaster said:
I find that the more I think, and the more knowledge I gain, the more I realize how meaningless desire is. The truly enlightened man is neither happy or sad because he wants nothing and can have nothing taken away from him.



:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #10116248 -

Wanting nothing is a leading cause of starvation.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Icelander]
    #10116283 -

Once you're enlightened, I think you tend to not care, so yeah. Monks are constantly not eating anything.

The way I see it, though, eating is better than not eating in a philosophical sense because you're just causing a whole shitstorm of trouble by starving. No one wants a dead guy on their hands, so just eat enough and try to make small ripples.

deCypher said:
Quote:
Lancaster said: The truly enlightened man is neither happy or sad because he wants nothing and can have nothing taken away from him.



Why wouldn't you be happy in this situation?



I think happiness implies a fulfilled desire, and because you have no desires to fulfill, you feel neutral.


--------------------

Edited by Lancaster (04/06/09 11:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Lancaster]
    #10116468 -

I'd rather feel happy than neutral.  :shrug:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: deCypher]
    #10116477 -

deCypher said:
I'd rather feel happy than neutral.  :shrug:



That's because you have desire and are, therefore, unenlightened. :smirk:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Lancaster]
    #10116502 -

Shucks, and here I was thinking I had successfully graduated from Psychedelics 101 with a spiffy new Enlightenment Badge.  :sad:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: deCypher]
    #10116941 -

haha, I'm sure you're enlightened in many  ways, just not in the Buddhist sense.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Introspection Vs. Being Happy [Re: Lancaster]
    #10117289 -

He's enlightened in many ways?  So please share.

Is enlightenment one of those words that mean almost nothing, except to the person using it to support their belief.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Are hippies enlightened?
( 1 2 3 all )
Dogomush 6,234 49 11/04/03 05:46 AM
by Anonymous
* Lynn V. Andrews (female Castaneda)
( 1 2 all )
Swami 3,982 31 07/13/04 07:46 PM
by Huehuecoyotl
* The Key to Happiness is in the Mind - An LSD trip Report... jono 1,043 2 04/28/03 01:52 PM
by Murex
* Happiness?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
egghead1 6,706 70 04/17/05 06:05 PM
by Psychoactive1984
* To all those who don't understand enlightenment.
( 1 2 all )
tekramrepus 3,829 35 12/05/03 08:47 AM
by kaiowas
* What's the difference between enlightenment, and convincing yourself you're enlightened?
( 1 2 3 all )
Phluck 5,654 55 11/28/04 07:42 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Enlightenment Cant be reached
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
EvilGir 9,583 83 04/17/16 09:33 PM
by circastes
* drugs and spirituality/enlightenment
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
skystone 11,357 119 11/21/04 05:38 PM
by TYL3R

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,340 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 22 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.