Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 8665 | 8666 | 8667 | 8668 | 8669 | 8670 | 8671 | 8672 | 8673 | 8674 | 8675 | 8676 | 8677 | 8678 | 8679 | 8680 | 8681 | 8682 | 8683 | 8684 | 8685 | | Last >
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: nektar61] * 6
    #29635165 -

nektar61 said:
SkanskKorv said:
I just wanted to share this pretty x7x spawn:awesome: cheers to Kloakk for the spores, they're the first cubes I've grow in quite a while.





That's x7x+, right? x7x is the parent variety, not as potent or as aggressive of a grower (even at that stage, that looks like x7x+)

And Kloakk did an x7x+ giveaway.

If it drops tons of spores when the shrooms finally open, it's x7x+

Ochras are even more aggressive growers, and is a different species entirely (that used to be confused with an other different species by everyone for a while) haha.

Hope that helps clear the webs of mycelium-like confusion around both of these shrooms' names.



Actually yes but I checked the print after you asked and you just taught me this... I guess a mother knows her child:lol: I thought I was growing standard x7x which resembles an Ochra. I have grown plenty of Ochras and know the story with the NSS confusion but the first flush of these x7x just simply looked incredibly Ochra-like even with decurrent gills so I thought I mixed them up but now when I see the second flush there is no doubt that these aren't my Ochras being fixed up, these are cubes.

And yeah you know your creation, this motherfucker spits spores all over the place really fast:awesome:



I read up on x7x and x7x+ and I have to say this is a really nice variety to grow, thank you for stabilising it mate, I've got a few more tubs of x7x+ colonising at lighting speed
:leocheers:


Edited for political correctness


--------------------

Edited by SkanskKorv (07/29/26 02:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: SkanskKorv] * 12
    #29635219 -


I got my first ever PF cake birthed, coired, and in a makeshift "water tub" which is just a bigger jar with water in the bottom and a lid the cake can sit on.


Getting ready for cake wars. Got this 4oz cake absolutely SLAMMIN, gonna leave it unbirthed so it drops spores in vitro and that will probably be the base for my CW3 entries while they're super fresh. The shit grocery store had a solid deal on 8oz jars too so we in business.


Really, genuinely thought about copping these sprinkle scissors. Incredibly sick. Doubt they're sharp enough. Alas.


Looks like an agate. Just lovely. There was some necrosis/bacteria/whatever deep in the interior, sampled some of that.


Gills


They're just mocking me now, where the fuck was this lil houdini about a week ago for bird's photo contest :enraged::enraged::enraged:


The queen


ferda boiz in confessional. eat your hearts out.


Label maker fucks hard, this thing is revelatory. Spared me writing so many tiny dates. Yum.


These better just be drying marks on my two-day-old plates. I did these so squeaky clean, if they're dirty I have to do some combination of getting a new plate vendor and smearing my bike into a fucking median at 100mph.


Like I don't gotta be in at 9am crispy :suicidebomber:


:grooving:


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Rasmodius] * 9
    #29635233 -



Six more on the way from this morning...
Let's see how these plastic jars behave.

Rasmodius said:

I got my first ever PF cake birthed, coired, and in a makeshift "water tub" which is just a bigger jar with water in the bottom and a lid the cake can sit on.



It's so special it deserves a name!


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Rasmodius] * 15
    #29635234 -



TTBVI direct to bulk. Rabbit manure and straw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: strawboy] * 11
    #29635259 -

machine elf: swab to puck
took population swab & print. moving onto next gen.


--------------------
Faht Links to Faht Grow Skills
Yoshi's cheat sheet to grains

"Alice asks the White Rabbit, 'How long is forever?' and he replies, โ€œ'Sometimes, just one second.'โ€

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: MurphSmurf] * 9
    #29635335 -

Drying a bit of grain before pressure cooking


--------------------
Mycology is my current hyperfixation
Uncommunicated expectations are just premeditated resentments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Mistakes]
    #29635403 -

does that dry the top of the jar grains more than the bottoms? how long do you leave it there?

if it works, beats the hell out of a fitted sheet across the living room floor :facepalm:


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: strawboy]
    #29635411 -

strawboy said:


TTBVI direct to bulk. Rabbit manure and straw



I sometimes get rabbit manure for gardening, no composting and ready to go as soon as they let go.  :laugh:

I appreciate you Strawboy, you make me want to try a straight straw run with pans, I have with cubes years ago, but never with Pans, not solely anyway, manure/straw subs, definitely (I prefer Manure/CV, it's just too easy). Avery A did well on straw, better than I was thinking that's for sure.


Edited by MushLuvR77 (07/29/26 11:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29635444 -

Rasmodius said:
does that dry the top of the jar grains more than the bottoms? how long do you leave it there?

if it works, beats the hell out of a fitted sheet across the living room floor :facepalm:



It remains to be seen. The jars stay on the rack for about 20 minutes, prior to PCing. This is the second time I did it this way, and the other jars from about 3 weeks ago are still colonizing. The other thing I do is stir around a bundle of paper towels in a mixing bowl with the grains before they go in the jars. As far as I can tell, this is adequate moisture removal for the jelly jars. Of the 2 regular jars I did last time, one has developed a death ball and stalled colonization, so probably contaminated.
We will see how it goes this round.


--------------------
Mycology is my current hyperfixation
Uncommunicated expectations are just premeditated resentments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29635445 -

Rasmodius said:
does that dry the top of the jar grains more than the bottoms? how long do you leave it there?

if it works, beats the hell out of a fitted sheet across the living room floor :facepalm:



It tends to equalize regardless. When theyโ€™re in the PC, the moisture in the jars turns to steam and any grains in the jar that are less hydrated will absorb them. I personally donโ€™t dry my grains for more than 15 minutes or so. I just hydrate them about 50% in a bucket and the PC does the rest for me.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 5
    #29635452 -

I had some leftover millet grains from a g2g jar, growth was good, so I threw them in a 350ml plastic container of pure coir, and its colonizing quite nicely.



There's a pseudocasing of pure coir that it is colonizing now. Right now its the only cake format I have.

Should I just top fruit it, or try birthing it as a cake and using coir around it?


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: MushLuvR77] * 6
    #29635458 -

MushLuvR77 said:
strawboy said:


TTBVI direct to bulk. Rabbit manure and straw



I sometimes get rabbit manure for gardening, no composting and ready to go as soon as they let go.  :laugh:

I appreciate you Strawboy, you make me want to try a straight straw run with pans, I have with cubes years ago, but never with Pans, not solely anyway, manure/straw subs, definitely (I prefer Manure/CV, it's just too easy). Avery A did well on straw, better than I was thinking that's for sure.





Rabbit manure is king. Like you say, no composting or aging and 5x the nitrogen of cow manure. It really is perfect for no grain grows.

I just add straw pellets and the manure in a grow bag and then pour boiling water inside. It's very coiresque. I do have a journal entry about it.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29525734


Pepper Tax

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Huskies] * 5
    #29635472 -

Huskies said:
I had some leftover millet grains from a g2g jar, growth was good, so I threw them in a 350ml plastic container of pure coir, and its colonizing quite nicely.



There's a pseudocasing of pure coir that it is colonizing now. Right now its the only cake format I have.

Should I just top fruit it, or try birthing it as a cake and using coir around it?



I would top fruit it :awesomenod:

Tax: Neoxalapensis



--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Kloakk] * 3
    #29635501 -






Tax: Neoxalapensis

Raises eyebrows... Neo Huh... oh yeah, count me in, interesting No doubt!

Edited by MushLuvR77 (07/29/26 12:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: MushLuvR77] * 6
    #29635515 -



Another pioppino pin pic. Trying to get better at focus stacking multiple images which i have never been great at


--------------------
So anyway, uh...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29635533 -

SkanskKorv said:
Actually yes but I checked the print after you asked and you just taught me this... I guess a mother knows her child:lol: I thought I was growing standard x7x which resembles an Ochra.....And yeah you know your creation, this motherfucker spits spores all over the place really fast:awesome:



I read up on x7x and x7x+ and I have to say this is a really nice variety to grow, thank you for stabilising it mate, I've got a few more tubs of x7x+ colonising at lighting speed
:leocheers:



Thank you.

I've heard people say x7x+ resembles Ochra in growth, but never heard x7x resembles Ochra in growth, and I don't see it.

x7x didn't grow particularly fast, its one identifying characteristic was pinkish spores (which x7x+ still has if you ever get few of them enough to not look black)

I fairly sure there are no photos on this site in the past 10 years of x7x (the parent, without the plus), unless it's the ones I grew 5 years ago that mutated, and then were selected, into x7x+

If I'm wrong, I'd love to see the link, and if there is one, I'm almost sure it's someone mislabeling x7x+ as x7x. No one was growing x7x when I picked it back up.

I still wish I'd called x7x+ Bukkake Sunrise so I wouldn't have to correct people every couple months on here.

Is it too late to do that? LET'S DO IT! LET'S rename x7x+ variety as BUKKAKE SUNRISE:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29635545#29635545

Edited by nektar61 (07/29/26 07:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Kloakk] * 8
    #29635551 -

All my plates are clean sofar
:rockon:

Zapotecorum which was the first plates I did this batch happened to be first to germinate too :stoned:

Das some impressive genetics kloakk xd godspeed :rockon:



P.s it's barely started growing so it's practically almost invisable


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Edited by bloodssonnew (07/29/26 02:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: bloodssonnew] * 12
    #29635571 -

Latest harvest!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: So Anyway] * 9
    #29635579 -

So Anyway said:


Another pioppino pin pic. Trying to get better at focus stacking multiple images which i have never been great at




sick photo :rockon:


tax



--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: bloodssonnew] * 10
    #29635587 -

bloodssonnew said:
All my plates are clean sofar
:rockon:

Zapotecorum which was the first plates I did this batch happened to be first to germinate too :stoned:

Das some impressive genetics kloakk xd godspeed :rockon:



P.s it's barely started growing so it's practically almost invisable



:highfive:

Happy to hear it man, thanks for the feedback on prints, don't get a lot of those so it's much appreciated :hatsoff:

I'm running out of tax: Yeti 2nd flush sidepins :muppet:



--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 8665 | 8666 | 8667 | 8668 | 8669 | 8670 | 8671 | 8672 | 8673 | 8674 | 8675 | 8676 | 8677 | 8678 | 8679 | 8680 | 8681 | 8682 | 8683 | 8684 | 8685 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post deleted by Administrator
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Alien 26,626 72 08/26/02 07:55 AM
by kingkc
* alt.drugs.mushrooms.cultivation (good/bad idea) BikeCourier 7,151 9 10/26/21 06:04 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1461 1462 )
BeefExtreme 459,085 29,234 10/01/26 11:14 AM
by fontinalis666
* Congratulations to our newest Trusted Cultivators, DV8DUG and Churpee Choozle
( 1 2 3 all )
veggieM 578 42 09/29/26 06:40 PM
by JW123
* Post deleted by users_request
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
NuShroomPharmerII 28,090 85 06/04/01 04:53 PM
by MNmyc
* VOTE!! Outdoor Cultivation Forum w/Moe For Mod!!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
TM 25,043 73 04/13/10 01:30 AM
by jingus
* Important - All Cultivators please read.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 43,964 103 05/31/05 03:35 AM
by Anno
* Post deleted by users_request
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
McMan 26,642 93 05/06/01 01:56 PM
by 3DSHROOM

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
5,224,328 topic views. 13 members, 57 guests and 139 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.115 seconds spending 0.093 seconds on 18 queries.