Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: yeah]
    #26208527 -

yeah said:
Why does she support Hindu nationalism in India but multiculturalism for America?





The liberal motto is, "Do as I say, not as I do."

That goes for Nationalism, armed security, flying planes to climate rallies, and so forth.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: XUL]
    #26208549 -

So do you have evidence that Tulsi actually supports Hindu nationalism in India, or do you think she should never talk to Modi?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26208602 -

She should do what she wants, but be sure to practice what she preaches.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: XUL]
    #26208609 -

And she does.  :cookiemonster:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26208635 -

Tulsi was on NPR today for a short interview. It went badly. She was asked about her father's past, specifically his science denying and extreme religious positions, especially in that Tulsi has already publicly apologized for participating in (something I feel is unnecessary because as a child you aren't responsible). Tulsi replied in a rather short tone, effectively saying that questions should be about her specifically, not her father. The interviewer seemed to indicate that she was just trying to get a quick answer and then would move onto more substantive topics, as though she was in agreement with Tulsi. Tulsi fired back again, and would only address her own religious beliefs.

While I agree with Tulsi, I also think she could have succinctly laid to rest any questions about her religious heritage in about 40 words. A simple "yes that is how I was raised, but i've grown and moved onto to beliefs that I feel are compatible and complimentary to modern times, those are..."

Instead she was very combative. I like Tulsi, and maybe the questions are tiresome in regards to her religious heritage (see dumb associations in this thread), but she should be more polished on how to answer as a result.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: christopera]
    #26208692 -

christopera said:
While I agree with Tulsi, I also think she could have succinctly laid to rest any questions about her religious heritage in about 40 words. A simple "yes that is how I was raised, but i've grown and moved onto to beliefs that I feel are compatible and complimentary to modern times, those are..."



She did say that



--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26208707 -

Not in the NPR interview.

I'm sure she didn't win much support with her train wreck of a response.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26208709 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Which stories?  I'm interested in learning more.



https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/tulsi-gabbards-connection-hindu-nationalists-raises-concernhttps://csbnnews.com/tulsi-gabbards-2020-bid-raises-questions-about-hindu-political-ties/

There are more, but as a said I don't know these sources and what their agenda, but these and others say she got a million in campaign contributions from Hindu Nationalists.

I don't really care. I don't think they bought her. I was just trying to answer the guy's question with the most obvious answer.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26208732 -

Brian Jones said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Brian Jones said:
Hindu nationalists have provided her with considerable financial support, if those stories were accurate.



Which stories?  I'm interested in learning more.



https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/tulsi-gabbards-connection-hindu-nationalists-raises-concernhttps://csbnnews.com/tulsi-gabbards-2020-bid-raises-questions-about-hindu-political-ties/

There are more, but as a said I don't know these sources and what their agenda, but these and others say she got a million in campaign contributions from Hindu Nationalists.



The link's not working for me.  Is it working for anyone else?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26208878 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
The link's not working for me.  Is it working for anyone else?



Copy and paste it into a clipboard, then look at it closely.  It's two separate links that got spliced together.  I tried to fix it but I'm on this crappy mobile.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: relic]
    #26208981 -



--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (09/25/19 08:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #26244801 -

I'm not sure what to make out her recent statements saying she might sit out the next debate to protest the party's primary policies. But her criticisms have been right on target. She said the primaries have been designed to take the decisions away from the voters and that the debates have been staged as entertainment and reality television.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26245138 -

She's just grabbing a headline.  Good for her.
She'll be there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: ballsalsa]
    #26246021 -

It would be a bad move not to be there since the news isn't even covering her statement more than a small blip on the radar.
I wouldn't be surprised if the moderator would say, "Tulsi couldn't make it and that is all I can say about that. Ok so lets get the circus started but first a message from our sponsors.  :moneyeyes:

It is the only time shes gonna get any solid corporate media coverage. She should have said nothing and destroy some more shills at this debate. Maybe pull a Yang while shes at it and call the whole event a ratings circus while on stage. :justdontknow:


--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: ballsalsa]
    #26250045 -

More:  Tulsi Considers Boycotting Debate



She knows how the game works.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26259922 -

Washington Examiner
October 16, 2019
Democrats hate Tulsi Gabbard because she reminds them what they used to stand for
Quote:
Most Democrats in Tuesday night’s CNN/New York Times presidential debate blasted President Trump’s decision to withdraw American troops from northern Syria and said they believe his decision endangers the Kurds. But only one candidate said the United States should also stop pursuing an overall “regime change war” in that country.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said, “We've got to understand the reality of the situation there, which is that the slaughter of the Kurds being done by Turkey is yet another negative consequence of the regime change war that we've been waging in Syria.”

Gabbard noted that this “started in 2011,” offering a reminder that this “regime change war” began and was overseen mostly by Obama. Her fellow Democrats weren’t having it.

It’s clear why the Democratic establishment hates Tulsi Gabbard so much: She is more concerned with being anti-war than anti-Trump. Most Democrats today are not.




--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26259996 -

Tulsi is the only Progressive who appeals to a wide audience in the Political Spectrum. You'll never get a Conservative, or Libertarian, to embrace someone like Bernie or god forbid Warren.

Tulsi could beat Trump for sure. Trump has nothing to attack her on. All the usual attacks on Tulsi don't work for Trump because he gets the exact same rhetoric thrown at him. Both are Russian Assets according to the MSM, a hang-able Offense :rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Magicman69] * 4
    #26260041 -

On the one hand look what she's polling?

On the other hand, you're right. How would the serial draft evader campaign against her.
She's a left wing progressive, who would be immune from most of the weapons used against left wing progressives.

She's very smart. She's is articulate and reasonable beyond any known American political standards. We all know what she looks like.

It will take a miracle to get her into the general election. If it happened I would have a renewal in faith in this country.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26260057 -

I really like Tulsi Gabbard, but she will lose to Trump. The debates were difficult to listen to, all the candidates sound so panicky and can't stop talking about Trump.

I SERIOUSLY think Gabbard is among the most reasonable of the bunch, but being hindu works against her more than being a woman. Not that there is anything wrong with either, just that as a representative for a traditionally christian country..I just don't see anybody really going for it....

But then again we voted a black muslim in...

I know how it sounds, but I really dig Tulsi Gabbard('s foreign policy,


--------------------


A well deserved burial yields love from beyond the grave!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tulsi Gabbard 2020! [Re: DJ_avocado] * 5
    #26260065 -

You know he really wasn't a Muslim right?


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Trump
( 1 2 3 4 ... 131 132 )
DividedQuantumM 80,102 2,635 01/19/21 07:19 AM
by STPLSD25
* American authoritarianism and Trump
( 1 2 all )
viktor 1,539 21 07/02/16 09:37 PM
by airclay
* Trump Will Beat Hillary In New York If He Is The Republican Nominee.....
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
starfire_xes 7,850 106 05/08/16 06:39 PM
by zappaisgod
* trump fix the country?
( 1 2 all )
robidoe 2,163 39 01/24/16 08:37 PM
by Falcon91Wolvrn03
* So Trump started off badly but he's making more sense every day...
( 1 2 3 4 ... 82 83 )
Patlal 67,215 1,658 06/26/24 02:53 PM
by rxb
* Donald Trump - The Embodiment of American Fascism
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
Bigbadwooof 14,180 228 08/04/18 08:26 PM
by Enlil
* The Trump Phenomenon
( 1 2 3 4 ... 50 51 )
Count of Sabugosa 41,993 1,006 01/27/16 02:53 PM
by zappaisgod
* Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
qman 13,359 355 12/03/15 04:36 PM
by airclay

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
18,128 topic views. 3 members, 4 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.