Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: qman]
    #22601986 -

qman said:
"Single payer is awesome"

Glad to hear that confirmation, this is the plan I wish the US would finally embrace, unfortunately the people in power insist on this insurance for profit shit.



:whathesaid:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: hostileuniverse] * 1
    #22602004 -

hostileuniverse said:
To all those in favor of govt run healthcare, would they put the govt in charge of Apple? I wonder what kinds of products we would see if the govt run a business like apple?



No.  Apple has one purpose:  to make money for its shareholders.  That shouldn't be the goal of healthcare; it should be to make everyone as healthy as possible.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22602026 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
hostileuniverse said:
To all those in favor of govt run healthcare, would they put the govt in charge of Apple? I wonder what kinds of products we would see if the govt run a business like apple?



No.  Apple has one purpose:  to make money for its shareholders.  That shouldn't be the goal of healthcare; it should be to make everyone as healthy as possible.



And how does apple make money for its shareholders? By making kickass products and being fiscally responsible, I agree, the govt would suck at running Apple, but if you wouldn't trust them with something frivolous, like tablets, why in the world would you trust them with your healthcare?:shrug:


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22602078 -

hostileuniverse said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
hostileuniverse said:
To all those in favor of govt run healthcare, would they put the govt in charge of Apple? I wonder what kinds of products we would see if the govt run a business like apple?



No.  Apple has one purpose:  to make money for its shareholders.  That shouldn't be the goal of healthcare; it should be to make everyone as healthy as possible.



And how does apple make money for its shareholders? By making kickass products and being fiscally responsible, I agree, the govt would suck at running Apple, but if you wouldn't trust them with something frivolous, like tablets, why in the world would you trust them with your healthcare?:shrug:




......i think u missed the point. Being fiscally responsible and being driven by profit are different things.

Healthcare is a basic that no one should have to worry about.


--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: hostileuniverse] * 2
    #22602080 -

hostileuniverse said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
hostileuniverse said:
To all those in favor of govt run healthcare, would they put the govt in charge of Apple? I wonder what kinds of products we would see if the govt run a business like apple?



No.  Apple has one purpose:  to make money for its shareholders.  That shouldn't be the goal of healthcare; it should be to make everyone as healthy as possible.



And how does apple make money for its shareholders? By making kickass products and being fiscally responsible, I agree, the govt would suck at running Apple, but if you wouldn't trust them with something frivolous, like tablets, why in the world would you trust them with your healthcare?:shrug:



It's not that the government actually runs the health care industry, they just regulate it.  That's a big difference. It works in many developed nations, it could work in the US as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: qman]
    #22602087 -

:whathesaid:


--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: qman]
    #22602094 -

qman said:
hostileuniverse said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
hostileuniverse said:
To all those in favor of govt run healthcare, would they put the govt in charge of Apple? I wonder what kinds of products we would see if the govt run a business like apple?



No.  Apple has one purpose:  to make money for its shareholders.  That shouldn't be the goal of healthcare; it should be to make everyone as healthy as possible.



And how does apple make money for its shareholders? By making kickass products and being fiscally responsible, I agree, the govt would suck at running Apple, but if you wouldn't trust them with something frivolous, like tablets, why in the world would you trust them with your healthcare?:shrug:



It's not that the government actually runs the health care industry, they just regulate it.  That's a big difference. It works in many developed nations, it could work in the US as well.



What do you think regulations are? When you control EVERY aspect of something, you run it. The govt doesn't run GM either, but they didn't just hand them a bunch of money and let them do with it as they please


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22602110 -

You missed the point again.  Government wouldn't have to control "EVERY aspect" of healthcare.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22602123 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
You missed the point again.  Government wouldn't have to control "EVERY aspect" of healthcare.



Right, they wouldn't HAVE to, but they would


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22602225 -

But they dont..



--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Edited by Tipote (12/01/15 11:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: Tipote] * 1
    #22602468 -

That's why they call him the Straw Man King!


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22602484 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
That's why they call him the Straw Man King!



Yup! When they can't debate, they hate!:lolsy:


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22602485 -

I don't think the government would ever actually try to run the healthcare industry. I'm pretty sure they'd rather outsource that task. The beauty is that government would be calling the shots on pricing to a much greater extent, instead of billionaires that can hike drug prices by 10,000% overnight, drug companies who currently govern themselves, and insurance vultures who would rather you die due to an unrelated 'pre-existing condition' conflicting with your coverage (ie their profits).

Edited by Bigbadwooof (12/02/15 12:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #22602502 -

Bigbadwooof said:
I don't think the government would ever actually try to run the healthcare industry. I'm pretty sure they'd rather outsource that task. The beauty is that government would be calling the shots on pricing to a much greater extent, instead of billionaires that can hike drug prices by 10,000% overnight, drug companies who currently govern themselves, and insurance vultures who would rather you die due to an unrelated 'pre-existing condition' conflicting with your coverage (ie their profits).



You really think drug and insurance companies aren't governed by the govt.?:lolsy:


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22602552 -

hostileuniverse said:
You really think drug and insurance companies aren't governed by the govt.?:lolsy:



Not nearly enough.



--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #22602561 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
hostileuniverse said:
You really think drug and insurance companies aren't governed by the govt.?:lolsy:



Not nearly enough.





No need, it's called the Free Market. Liberals don't understand economics.

Competitor Offers $1 Drug After Turing's Controversial $750 Price Hike
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/daraprim-1-dollar-turing_5629a01be4b0443bb5637b35


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: burgerbrain]
    #22602585 -

what the guy did was scum, and he held a monopoly on the drug for how long, making people have to go through him, before these guys stepped up?

no matter how you want to spin it...this is no spin...the guy is a fucking dipshit who deserves whatever's coming to him.

but that article is still good news though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: akira_akuma]
    #22602603 -

I can't wait until our healthcare is based on saving money rather than saving lives

http://www.statnews.com/pharmalot/2015/11/17/pharmalot-agency-rejects-breast-cancer-drug/


--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #22602604 -

lol, when do we get to toss you on an ice floe?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump tells BLM's Protester to get the hell out [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #22602646 -

AIDS patients lucked out that a competitor developed an alternative medicine.  They might not be so lucky next time.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* TRUMP 2024
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2128 2129 )
XUL 502,393 42,566 10/09/26 12:34 AM
by pugster
* RAVE Act Protests Across the Country, May 31, 2003 silversoul7 869 6 06/02/03 05:39 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Washington Protest and Media Blackout BuzzDoctor 1,373 12 11/04/02 10:59 PM
by BuzzDoctor
* Why Did The BLM Stop Action Against the Rancer in Nevada?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
starfire_xes 9,163 284 04/29/14 12:54 PM
by Stonehenge
* US Anti-War Protests Flare, More Than 1,000 Arrests
( 1 2 3 4 all )
pattern 7,982 66 03/23/03 11:19 PM
by Xlea321
* Bush asks - "What protests?"
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Angry Mycologist 5,337 64 02/20/03 05:32 PM
by Phred
* Bali bomber thanks anti-war protesters wingnutx 894 6 09/17/03 02:07 PM
by domite
* DC protest OCT 26 against Iraq war
( 1 2 3 all )
Buddha5254 5,425 49 10/18/02 12:26 PM
by Innvertigo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
13,359 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.