Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1317988 - 02/18/03 11:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I hope we don't go to war

Wait a minute! Does that mean that you disagree with war? If so, and I don't believe that you went to a protest, how many others like you do you think there are that don't want a war but chose not to protest?

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1318010 - 02/18/03 11:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

not to mention bush is being dictated by senile old fart...his father. old age can severley impair your judgement and bush is not going to dissapoint his father.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #1318199 - 02/19/03 02:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"War is my last choice."

That's a line that will be echoed on satire television programs for the next 10 years, starting in 2004. That is, if Bush can keep his finger off the button.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1318476 - 02/19/03 05:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

And really, with less than 1 percent of the worlds people protesting... why should he?

Okay, well, that is the WORLDS population, 1 percent would still be millions of people. Places like Africa which have the largest populations in the world probably do not even have the technology to know that there is a war going on, or even a protest.

If you think about the percentage of people who live in the countries of the UN, I know that percentage would be higher. Protest or not, I think there are more people against war than for it.

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
    #1318639 - 02/19/03 06:00 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

"Some in the world don't view Saddam Hussein as a risk to peace," he added. "I respectfully disagree."

the one sentence sums up everthing. there is no one on the planet who would be able to have more information about this than Bush. this is what the war is about. as much as stupid hippie demonstrators like to hold up their "no blood for oil" signs, the anitwar protests really don't make any point. in the other countries of the world, the protests are just america bashing, because most of the people of the world dislike the american gov't. they don't ever really give any good reasons why we shouldn't go to war. that's why these protests don't matter. and in the US, the protests mainly consist of old ass hippies trying to relive their glory days of standing up to the man like this is another vietnam or something.
Bottom line, this war is not about oil, those who protest need a better reason to, or they will just be ignored.

Edited by flow (02/19/03 06:00 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: flow]
    #1318738 - 02/19/03 06:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

the one sentence sums up everthing

Not quite. Saddam was a far greater threat to peace 15 years ago when he was involved in a major war against Iran. America's response to Saddam then? Give him billion dollar loans and sell him chemical weapons.

When i hear Bush talking about morals I'm afraid there's something rotten in Denmark.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1318846 - 02/19/03 07:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

the anitwar protests really don't make any point.

So its not a good point to not want innocent civilians to die by America's hands? Or for American soldiers to die in an unjustified war?

they don't ever really give any good reasons why we shouldn't go to war.

See above.

Bottom line, this war is not about oil, those who protest need a better reason to, or they will just be ignored.

I know I for one disagree with the manner in which Bush is trying to push his agenda through with no regard for our allies thoughts and concerns. I'm also against going into war unless it is absolutely necessary, and so far, there are no indications that it is absolutely necessary.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Anonymous

#1318858 - 02/19/03 07:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I read the article twice, then did a search of the page. The only place I could find the words "what protest" is in the subject of the thread.

yes. i was looking for that too...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: MushyMay]
    #1319126 - 02/19/03 09:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wait a minute! Does that mean that you disagree with war? If so, and I don't believe that you went to a protest, how many others like you do you think there are that don't want a war but chose not to protest?

Not enough to make a difference.

And hope we don't is not the same as we'll probably have to.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineMushyMay

#1319163 - 02/19/03 09:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hope we don't is not the same as we'll probably have to.

I don't understand what your getting at here. I don't see how it relates to my post. You still didn't answer the question.
Quote:

Does that mean that you disagree with war?

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1319208 - 02/19/03 10:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Do I disagree with war? That depends on the reason for the war so I can't give a yes or no answer to that. I have no wish to see a war. I'd rather there was never another war. I'd rather there was no need. I'd rather Saddam stepped down, took his cash and left.

Having said that, there will be times when war is thrust upon us and the good which will come from it outweigh the bad. I believe Saddam has these weapons and given a chance, he'll use them. I hope he gives them up. I hope we don't have to go in and take them.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineMushyMay

#1319252 - 02/19/03 10:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'd have to say that I agree with you on more than one point there. In this current situation with Saddam, it is very difficult to know what the right course of action is (I certainly don't profess to know what it is.) Saddam may have WMD and he will most likely use them. My major concern is not so much Iraq and Saddam, I'm sure the US can take Iraq out very quickly. The problem is what happens later. I don't really like the idea of muslim extremists going bonkers because of the US. Not to mention other countries who suddenly decide to follow in the footsteps of the US and start unilateral pre-emptive strikes against anyone they see as a threat.

--------------------

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: Skikid16]
    #1319340 - 02/19/03 10:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So its not a good point to not want innocent civilians to die by America's hands? Or for American soldiers to die in an unjustified war?

duh, no one wants war. you could've protested WWII, with that same reason, or any of the other just wars america has fought in. What innocent civilians are we killing?? don't innocent casualities happen in every war(and alot less happen when we're in charge)?? so you need a better reason as to why we should not fight THIS war.
Quote:

I'm also against going into war unless it is absolutely necessary, and so far, there are no indications that it is absolutely necessary.

there's a difference between being a pacifist and a pushover.
do you know if it is absolutely necessary better than our top gov't officials?

OfflineMushyMay

#1319494 - 02/19/03 12:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

alot less happen when we're in charge??

Are you sure about that?

--------------------

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1320124 - 02/19/03 03:59 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

What innocent civilians are we killing?? don't innocent casualities happen in every war(and alot less happen when we're in charge)?? so you need a better reason as to why we should not fight THIS war. 

How about the fact that this is the first time in American history where we will launch a PRE-EMPTIVE attack.  This is unprecedented.  We are the current super-power, and this is how we display our power to other countries?  Through fear?  This country was never based on such ridiculous claims.

How about the fact that so many of our allies are against it?  Have you thought about the possible repercussions this "war" may cause between countries who were once friendly to us?

Quote:

do you know if it is absolutely necessary better than our top gov't officials? 

ASK WHY!  This is such an important action.....I can't even begin to state how fundamentally important it is to QUESTION officials.  Or, you could just go ahead and believe whatever they tell you.  How many times have "officials" lied to us in the past?  Too many to count....

And lastly, I am a bit disheartened by all of this bashing of the subject I chose as the topic for this thread.  As I said before, it is only MY summary of the article that I had read, and a very sarcastic one at that. 

Peace fellow shroomers  :smile: 

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1320468 - 02/19/03 06:05 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What I don't get is how Bush claims to know so much about what's going on in Iraq, and knows that they have WMD without a shadow of a doubt, then why doesn't he know where any of them are?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1320543 - 02/19/03 07:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

What I don't get is how Bush claims to know so much about what's going on in Iraq, and knows that they have WMD without a shadow of a doubt, then why doesn't he know where any of them are?

I think Bush knows. But he doesnt want to tell the public, because the information is damaging. I suspect that his father gave Saddam US WMDs before the Gulf War. Bush would never let that kind of info out, and Saddam knows it. Saddam knows Bush will never present the true evidence to the UN. So he holds onto the WMD because he knows the Bush family is too proud to spill its secrets.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: pattern]
    #1321047 - 02/20/03 03:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I suspect that his father gave Saddam US WMDs before the Gulf War.

No suspect about it. American companies were shipping enormous quantities over to Saddam with the full approval of Bush. Indeed British companies supplied arms that were shipped over using the credit export aggreement - which means if the client (Saddam) defaults on payments the british taxpayer picks up the tab and pays off the arms companies. I'm not sure if a similar arrangement exists in America.

We didn't just give Saddam chemical weapons, the taxpayer paid for them too.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: Bush asks - "What protests?" [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1321153 - 02/20/03 04:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

"War is my last choice," Bush said at the White House as echoes of anti-war protests circled the globe. "But the risk of doing nothing is even a worse option as far as I am concerned."

War is his last choice, and he's just speeding up the inevitible. Every day in the newspaper I read some new article about the UN urging Iraq to comply or face war. The only difference is that the US is going to back up what it says.

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
    #1321706 - 02/20/03 08:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

alot less happen when we're in charge??
Are you sure about that?

will more innocent iraqis die in a revolution, or if we invade? the answer is obvious.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom