Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewingnutx
Bali bomber thanks anti-war protesters
    #1858944 - 08/28/03 02:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Bali bomber thanks anti-war protesters

By Cindy Wockner in Denpasar
27Aug03

THE man who helped mix the deadly one-tonne Bali nightclub bomb Sawad, alias Sardjiyo, yesterday said he wanted to thank the Australian people who had supported his cause during recent Australian anti-Gulf War protests.

And fellow bomb-mixer Abdul Ghoni urged Australians against forming friendly alliances with America.
The pronouncements of the two Bali bombing suspects came as they and the evidence against them was handed from Bali police to prosecutors.

"I want to thank the Australian people who supported our cause when they demonstrated against the policies of George Bush. Say thank you to all of them," Sawad said.

Ironically, from a terrorist accused not only of the Bali bombing but of church bombings and the bombing of an ambassador's residence in Jakarta, Sawad claimed he had a message of peace for the world.

"For all human beings to stop now in this world, destroy all of the destructive weapons . . . if there were no weapons then peace can be created," he said.

Terrorism, he said, was a reciprocal action.

Terrorist cohort Ghoni had his own warning for Australians: "Be careful about making friends with America because actually America wants to control the world . . . all of us will be colonised so we have to be careful about making friends with the USA . . . if they are shaken continuously, definitely, they will be smashed."

Both men claimed to be unafraid of the death penalty, which they will very likely face, and had no regrets about the 202 innocent lives lost in the October 12 Bali bombings.

They are accused of coming to Bali and helping to mix the chemicals which were turned into the car bomb which exploded outside Kuta's Sari Club.

Sawad claimed to have learned about mixing chemicals in Pakistan.

Prosecutors are yet to decide but it is likely the two men will be charged under Indonesia's anti-terrorism laws.

This means they face the death penalty for their role in making the bomb.

Yesterday's handover, which also included Ghoni's .38 calibre Smith and Wesson revolver and 67 bullets, signals that their trials could start in Bali within six weeks.

Today both men are expected to testify at the trial of Ali Imron, the only repentant bomber among the group.

During yesterday's procedure the two men, handcuffed and dressed in prison clothes, were questioned by prosecutors about their roles in Bali and in other JI bombing campaigns.

Ghoni told prosecutors he had come to Bali to help the bombing.

He said he had received an SMS message telling him to start mixing the chemicals and that he had stayed in Bali mixing the chemicals for three or four days.

Ghoni said during this time he met Mukhlas, the alleged overall controller of the bombings.

He also admitted attending an August meeting in Java, which prosecutors claim was a planning meeting at which roles were assigned to the Bali conspirators.

Ghoni is also accused of transferring the chemicals into the plastic filing cabinets, which were then packed inside the L300 minivan.

Sawad admitted he had mixed the Bali chemicals, saying: "I have mixed chemicals before."

He was coy about who ordered him to mix them, saying "nobody" did.

This report appears on news.com.au.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Bali bomber thanks anti-war protesters [Re: wingnutx]
    #1860444 - 08/28/03 10:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Don't believe the bullshit, they killed because they're fanatics. They'll say any lie they can to create more trouble, worse, agenda based journalists are not we need.

What is closer to their motives is found in their boasts. They claimed that killing western young people drinking alcohol is good, because "they're infidels".

Bottom line, their sort have killed Australians long before the WOT existed. Right back to the invasion of East Timor and the murders of ABC journalists. It's not just JI, it's Indonesia. I have no doubts TNI backs JI all the way.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Bali bomber thanks anti-war protesters [Re: wingnutx]
    #1861186 - 08/29/03 01:22 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"I want to thank the Australian people who supported our cause when they demonstrated against the policies of George Bush. Say thank you to all of them," Sawad said.

The war created many more terrorists and did far more for the terrorist cause than peace could ever have done. He should be thanking George Bush, not the peace protestors.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Bali bomber thanks anti-war protesters [Re: Xlea321]
    #1861274 - 08/29/03 01:45 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

That terrorist piece of shit is making it up to play mind fuck games.

I can assure you, anti-war Australians, in no way, shape or form, supported the scum bags who blew the night club in Bali. There was national outrage from the left to the right in Australia when the news came in of that terrorist attack. The Australian public view of these terrorists is that they're lower than maggots.

Why is it journalists gives these criminal scums a mind fuck game playing voice?

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Bali bomber thanks anti-war protesters [Re: Starter]
    #1861298 - 08/29/03 01:55 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Don't you just love this you're with us or against us mentality?

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Anonymous

Re: Bali bomber thanks anti-war protesters [Re: Starter]
    #1925157 - 09/17/03 03:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Starter said:
That terrorist piece of shit is making it up to play mind fuck games.

I can assure you, anti-war Australians, in no way, shape or form, supported the scum bags who blew the night club in Bali. There was national outrage from the left to the right in Australia when the news came in of that terrorist attack. The Australian public view of these terrorists is that they're lower than maggots.

Why is it journalists gives these criminal scums a mind fuck game playing voice?

totally agree starter i hope that scum rots in hell and i hope that bucked tooth cleric gets raped tenfold,indonesia is the bane of the sth pac,but here i have to say i supported bush every step he has taken and now its nth koreas turn!my grandad was a rat of tobruk and he fought for my freedom.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Bali bomber thanks anti-war protesters [Re: monoamine]
    #1925358 - 09/17/03 04:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:
Don't you just love this you're with us or against us mentality?

this was a funny ass article...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion