Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleDisoRDeR
motional
 User Gallery

Loc: nonsensistan
Re: Is Life after Death for real? [Re: Lakefingers]
    #21014655 - 12/22/14 10:37 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

His post is much older than your post. Just accept it and carry on. :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
Re: Is Life after Death for real? [Re: DisoRDeR]
    #21014705 - 12/22/14 10:46 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I was aware of that when I found it and a warning appears when responding to posts that old. I chose to respond to the post anyhow because it plainly exemplifies several key mistakes underlying the argumentation in Markosthegnostic's posts even today.

InvisibleDisoRDeR
motional
 User Gallery

Re: Is Life after Death for real? [Re: Lakefingers] * 1
    #21015079 - 12/23/14 12:07 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I figured you were aware of the dust on this thread. I was just playing on the age credibility thing. I appreciate where you took the argument, and your recent presence here in general has been refreshing for this lurker.

To me, part of the appeal of laying things out here in relative permanence is that we can come back to these fleeting thoughts at any point (before death :tongue:) for a critique and to plot the progress of our minds.

And to be fair, that post hails from a time when spirituality and philosophy and anything marginally related were all smooshed into one forum. I can't remember what standards of argument were demanded in the forum guidelines at that time.

I see in that post a statement of personal opinion followed by a succinct explication of theological thought, which I generally appreciate from markos, because i'm sure as hell not going to seminary.

I don't know much about neanderthal religion. Care to enlighten me? :strokebeard:

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #21015182 - 12/23/14 12:42 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Good points.

Anthropologists who study paleolithic religion are a much better source, but in sum Neanderthals buried their dead in a ritualistic manner, which indicates a set of beliefs in an afterlife. Artifacts they've left behind demonstrate that they had various religious cults and mythological schemes. The question is, when are you going to convert?

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Is Life after Death for real? [Re: Lakefingers]
    #21015216 - 12/23/14 12:57 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

We all know that only homo sapiens go to heaven; that's why God erased Neanderthals and Cro Magnons from the planet.

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Is Life after Death for real? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #21015279 - 12/23/14 01:30 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

After you're able to imagine your eyes into various god-like beings and other strangely fiction-like character eyes at will in the mirror you kind of don't worry about this stupid shit anymore.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

InvisibleDisoRDeR
motional
 User Gallery

Re: Is Life after Death for real? [Re: OrgoneConclusion] * 1
    #21015283 - 12/23/14 01:32 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #21015346 - 12/23/14 02:16 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Most dogs believe in Dog, the creator of Alpo and cats.

--------------------

OfflineAlyssa
consecrated woman ✝️
Female
Re: Is Life after Death for real? [Re: stoner2002]
    #21015490 - 12/23/14 04:33 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stoner2002 said:
I got a little worried today. I thought to myself, what if religions only purpose is to protect humanity from the fear of death? That would be terrible. That would mean that when we die, we experience nothingness, like the time before we were born. I dont like the thought of me becoming nothing more than a pile of dirt. How can exist when my physical mind is being eatin by worms? Or is there more to it? Can I still be around after I die? Not in physical form ofcourse. Like in the form of energy?

I used to always go to church and deep down I truely believe in God. I just thought how depressing it would be if it were all false, but I guess that wouldnt really matter once I was dead. I'm sure I'm not the only person that's thought about this before, so enlighten me. I've accepted the fact that I'll be dead some day and that's fine, but wtf will happen afterwards? I live my life to the fullest and treat others as if they were me, so I'd say I'm a good person. Worthy of heaven? Someday I'll know, or maybe I wont, who knows? What if being a "good person" is pointless (in the end) and I'm just a member of a species of animal that happens to have an overactive imagination? What if we are all just brainwashed into believing?

My existence boggles my fragile little mind.

There might not be anything after death. I don't know if Christ received a divine revelation about this, but I suspect she was talking bullshit to accomplish the necessary goal of turning people's faith away from the world and toward God. As implied by Matthew 27:46, she probably didn't know what happens to consciousness after the death of the body. It's possible that the energy that makes the body sentient is transferred into another material, either by quantum mechanics or simply by radiation. Reincarnation into heaven or the world (hell) could happen by the reversal of this process.

--------------------
I'm Alyssa.
I'm consecrated to the Immaculate Heart.
I don't want her to have to look at adultery to save my privileged living cells, so please keep it PG-13.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder