Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Life and Death-a shroom induced ramble
    #643688 - 05/24/02 05:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Last night i tripped for the first time in over a year. These are my unadulterated thoughts from the higher conciousness. Please read with an open mind. If you are going to read at all, i ask that you read this rather long post fully because in it are some of my deepest thoughts.

Science does much to explain how we live but it does little in explaining why we live. Why do we suffer so much when we are given such an easy way out? There is much more to this than meets the eye. How does one go from the peaceful slumber of a child in a mother's bosom to the longing for the cold embrace of death? We fear the end with all our heart. The blood, guts, kicking and screaming. Yet, deep down, we desperately desire the release of an eternal sleep.

I have often heard the joke, "to a fundamentalist, everything is evil". Now i laugh at the joker because he is the Fool. I also cry a tear because he is the apitomy of my highest aspiration. (it begins to rain)

I have begun to comprehend the true nature of the idea of "God". Its funny how people spend so much time trying to disprove the notion of some guy named God sitting in the sky when all they are doing is disproving the unenlightened. Nothing can come of this. God is a philosophical tool. God is really the idea of perfect perfection. Contemplate this deeply because, from it, all can be explained. "He" represents our unborn selves, he is the one who hates that evil should be wrought in the world, he is the heart girt with a serpent. To put it eloquently, God is a "thought-ray" that exists outside of the sphere of human conciousness. As the thought-ray is allowed to penetrate the conciousness, it changes. This change is analogous to the fall of man. The idea of perfection necessitates both a beginning and end, therein resides the soul of a human being.

I have been thinking much about art lately. Not simply the single artist who bestowes his knowledge of the human soul in an intuitive example of the genious that resides in all of us, but also the subtle art that is of unknown origin and is filtered through the subcouncious of our culture. It can be seen in simple classic sayings such as "a glimmer of hope". The artistic beauty of this saying is beyond words. It can be seen in tales such as sleeping beauty and in nursery rhymes such as old mother hubbard. It can be seen in the music of the truely great musicians such as Igor Stravinsky and Beethoven. Music is the archetypical flow of the ideas that i have been discussing. An enlightened musician lives through his music and experiances death as soon as it ends, when the deafening roar of utter silance consumes him. This can be felt in every heart rending slide of a bow across the strings of the violin. And in between notes, in between beats, exsists the ever fleeting silence. It is that which exists independantly of time and is at once our greatest fear and greatest curiosity. It is that which is known as death and is often referred to as "evil". Not in the sense of good and bad because we know these to be arbitrary, but in the sense of life and death.

If we view sleep as a kind of death, life can be seen as the insomniac who tosses and turns about. He tosses and dreams of the peaceful, rejuvinating slumber. He turns as he thinks about the wasteful idleness that the escape from reality will bring.

Life is the metaphorical dropping of a stone in water. The stone by itself is the archetype of perfection. It is solid and round but it is also stationary and unchanging. The only way that the dynamic aspect of this stone can be experianced is if it is dropped in water and the resulting disturbance or disorder (evil) carries with it the charecteristics of the stone such as the weight, shape, and texture along with the more subtle features. The stone is god and the ripples are the human conciousness. On the surface, we are but "disorganized" waves eminating forth from the divine. Inside, we are much more.

In the reality which we exist, Love is the key. Love must be used wisely, however, because the true nature of love is a most devious deception. We use sex, drugs, and contradictory thinking as an escape to a more peaceful abode. This is necessary because it is the reason why we live. We are all addicts. Love, in its pure form, is the lesser evil and it should be our desire, nay, our duty to give of it freely to the unenlightened. I now see why we shelter our children from things like drugs and sex even though most view these things as a fact of life. We desperately want them to be free of the "snake" that slithers and entwines us, dragging us down to earth with its sweet gravity. We are unaware, however, that the very love that we give will be thier ultimate corruption. Our love forever attaches our mortal selves to thier psyche and brings them down in the end. Yet, the sheer beauty of the perfection of this vicious circle is most admirable for it is the cause of our continued existance.

We are all phantoms of this opera. We hide behind masks, forever dreaming of things just out of reach. We pine away the days immersed in this addiction, patiently awaiting the inevitable.

As i stare upwards, trying to silence the phantoms that dart and flash before my eyes, distracting me from true ego death, i see a purple lattice that envelopes me with an eye staring through every hole. This is the ultimate barrier. It is the doorway to death through which my psyche will not allow me to penetrate. Is this truely the evil that it appears to be, or is it simply God manifested in his creative form or "mode"? Is this why many religious texts are wrought with strife? Is this our nature? I am only 22 and my innocence has been lost. I must now live my life conciously balancing the light and dark. My days as the Fool is over and i must now become the Juggler.

--------------------
:egyptian:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Life and Death-a shroom induced ramble [Re: Catalysis]
    #643706 - 05/24/02 05:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

That was truly great. I'm going to think about that some.

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Life and Death-a shroom induced ramble [Re: Revelation]
    #643999 - 05/24/02 09:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks. Im sorry if it is abstract and hard to understand. I dont fully understand it. I simply wrote the thoughts as they entered my head but I was in a most curious state at the time and i think there may be something to it.

--------------------

Offlinewatertower
Stranger
Loc: Maui
    #644142 - 05/24/02 11:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Catalysis -
If I may suggest a book to you..............................by A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami.....the book is Bhagavad-Gita. Now if
you have read Bhagavad-Gita before by another author you probably got the wrong scoop. The Gita by ACBS is not his
writing it is his sharing w/us what he has heard from his guru. And the sharing goes all the way back from one guru to
another to the original speaker of the Gita, Sri Krsna. In this tradition of the Vaisnava the aim is not to add or subtract but to act as a transparent via-medium of
the information. Thereby not changeing but only to pass on clearly.

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Catalysis]
    #646618 - 05/26/02 06:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineInDiCaToRgReEn
Re: Life and Death-a shroom induced ramble [Re: Anonymous]
    #646800 - 05/26/02 09:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

God makes sense and that made perfect sense to me, society does in fact mask us from actually seeing God through drugs being illegal, the fear instilling bible and much more, i dont even know if they realize they are doing it though but that is the dualistic universe that is trying to teach us to experience it for ourselves and the only way we can do that is by allowing the venom to be injected without realization of it through society, and then stepping above society to say hey thats not right, i know the truth and i want to change, A unconditionally loving God would not threaten or punish but allow you to learn from your mistakes on your own, God wouldnt condemn things such as drugs for they are a gateway into his love and super conscious entity who knows all, for fuck sake he created the damn things just like the flower growing next to the weed. Man i wish i could get a hold of those shrooms.

--------------------
"oh to be a kid again, not a worry in the world except mybe the lack of bubbles in the bath tub"

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: Life and Death-a shroom induced ramble [Re: InDiCaToRgReEn]
    #646866 - 05/26/02 10:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I am not a religous person in the sense of a God that watches over us, and the provider of a grand retirement home for our unconscious.... although I do hold hope that there is some undefinable unphysical characteristic that governs the universe, this cannot be identified during ordinary philosophical discourse however, as there are certain rules governing the existence of a God all due to the principle of simplicity...

If a creator formed the universe, then he must have had a reason, do you really think that it would be to care for us? wait 3 and a half billion years for us to evolve and then accept us for destroying all his patient work in the blink of an eye? Nietschze believes that God is dead, and if God is constrained by time, then this is likely. The God that we know must have been created somehow, no buts about it... and all things that are created do come to an end... God cannot have created time according to the principle of simplicity, as he would have no reason to create such an entity, and he cannot live outside of time as this is the only definite thing that we can be sure of, that time does exist, and time has always existed, wether it has influenced anything or not. God would not have had the power to create time, where would he created it out of? What was he doing before time? It is these philosophical procedures that cast doubt on the God that christianity envisaged, this God is far from the realms of logic....

I find it interesting though that although I support the claims of science, I find myself believing in fate... I could almost call this my religion, I put my trust in it often, I know that this wistfulness can be explained away like deja-vu due to the neurological functions of the human brain... but I don't believe that science has solved this problem of the unphysical..

I dont see an evolutionary reason for this type of faith... It seems every human has to believe in something, it is part of what makes us a homo sapien - 'wise hominid' There are theorists that believe they have evidence that our intelligence stemmed from psilocybe species on the african plain... anyone who did not ingest these was behind the pace, they could not think laterally and they would die out ie: the neanderthals..
this leads to the question, why does psilocybin have this spiritual effect on us? Is it the lack of chemical compounds in nature, that causes this poison to overlap and intoxicate us? Or is it here for some other reason..... The effects of drugs on humankind is something that science is not very good at explaining, why they have the effects they do... I will return after I have thought some more about this ;]
peace

keepitdeep

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Life and Death-a shroom induced ramble [Re: deepr]
    #647021 - 05/27/02 02:02 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

"There are theorists that believe they have evidence that our intelligence stemmed from psilocybe species on the african plain... anyone who did not ingest these was behind the pace, they could not think laterally and they would die out ie: the neanderthals.."

Do you know of anywhere I could read more about these "theorists"? I'd be interested to see how they came to that conclusion.

Cheers,
Jono

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: Life and Death-a shroom induced ramble [Re: jono]
    #647735 - 05/27/02 01:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I will get back to you on the exact locations when I have time to look it up, but if you read psilocybin-solution online, that will prob interest you...

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Life and Death-a shroom induced ramble [Re: Anonymous]
    #649029 - 05/28/02 06:46 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Bigidiot, i know its hard to understand what im getting at. I was writing about a subject that is difficult to express. Of course you wont understand it if you dont even read it.

The main idea that i see is the realization that god is not a being but an idea that allows us to gain a deeper understanding of our nature. Maybe the reason why he is called "the creator" is because everything in our world can be viewed in terms of a descent from perfection. This can be thought of metaphorically as a descent or "creation" from god, the idea of perfection. I think that i went on to describe how this is necessitated by our existance and vice versa. Also how this is "cleaverly" hidden and intertwined within our own lives.

I admit it, im a weirdo. lol

--------------------

Edited by Catalysis (05/28/02 07:35 AM)

Offlinegumby0zero
Stranger
Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #655106 - 05/31/02 08:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

thats an interesting ramble, and you do raise a few good points. I like the analogy of the stone in the water. Fascinating stuff. Meditate on it. I think you may have have uncovered some very interesting points about theology and more importantly - theocracy. think on.

--------------------
be at peace.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology