Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2
    #2071929 - 11/05/03 02:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ok, so a bunch of shit has happened since my previous thread on this topic dissapeard into the underbelly of the shroomery....

we left off with me talking this cute jehovah chick into confusion at the bus station and getting a date out of the deal....

well, i took her out to lunch and after thinking about it decided to avoid any spiritual/philosophical debate for the time being...i already damaged her ego quite a bit at our little chat at the bus station, so i give her some time to recover before round 2...

so we talked, about her likes, dislikes, family, school....yadda yadda yadda...just basically got to know her a bit (i figure this might help in gaining her trust which may help me down the road :grin:)

we have talked on the phone a bit since then, briefly covering some issues, not too heated of debates, but i wanted to keep her wheels turning a bit until i feel a little more confident that she can handle some of the really "weird" shit i want to eventually talk with her about...

so, she keeps calling me, and we keep talking...and today she has invited me to go to her church next week for a youth bible study (ages 16-24) and when asked what the topic will be on, she said "the bible"

well no shit? your gonna talk about the bible at a bible study? well ill be damned!

but more specifically, how "god" "made sure" that the bible was copied/translated correctly, and how he "kept" us from adding, removing, changing, tweeking, simmplifying certain passages.... which by my surprise was not the original topic....it was changed for little old me!!!! (this was one of our more heated topics at the bus station...)

wow, im shocked! heres my chance, title fight! ding ding....

gloves are on, as i head into the very place i probably shouldnt....i dont know what has gotten into me, i normaly would not think of such a thing....but i kinda turned this into a little project :grin:

im sure it has alot to do with how cute she is....im such a sucker :smirk:

but im actually really excited about this...going into a room of a bunch of religious people and debating with them on their beliefs! if you dont hear from me in a while, call the authorities....they may end up thinking im the anti christ and burning me at the stake or some shit! 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2071961 - 11/05/03 02:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hehehe...Nothing like destroying the foundation of people's beliefs... :devil:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: silversoul7]
    #2071974 - 11/05/03 02:54 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ever see that movie dogma ( i think thats what its called ) anyway i like it when, fuck, i cant remember that black comedians name....

anyway, when hes says beliefs are dangerous, they get you killed.... so he has ideas instead :grin:

anyway, that popped into my head just now....

oh ya, im stoned too- can ya tell?

lol :stoned: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2071979 - 11/05/03 02:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

His name's Chris Rock, and ya, I liked that movie.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: silversoul7]
    #2071981 - 11/05/03 02:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

oh ya.... :grin: you just saved me hours of wondering what the fuck his name was.... 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#2071994 - 11/05/03 03:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Rule #1 of the playas philosophy

1. There is no philosophy. There is no playa.

I guess if its fun for you and fun for them then overall affect on the afterlife is negligible.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #2071995 - 11/05/03 03:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, if you go in there you are gonna get ganged up by all of those people. If you really need to go in there, you should just fake like they have shown you the true path and eat up there bullshit like they are valiums. This will help you get into the pantalones of a certain girl who is more important than arguing with a bunch of devout Christians. Wait, are Jehovah's Witnesses Christians? I've lost track of all of these cult...err...hmmm...I mean "sects" of Christianity. Anyways, do not lose track of what is most important here...getting to brag to all of us fuckers that you scored.

Peace

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: Signo]
    #2072073 - 11/05/03 03:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

1. There is no philosophy. There is no playa.

i suppose...i mean, i dont plan on walking in there and changing all thier minds and shit, but i have never really been the type to debate on spiritual/philosophical issues in the past... i think that to each their own, and that these kinds of things are more productive when kept on an individual basis...

Quote:

Dude, if you go in there you are gonna get ganged up by all of those people. If you really need to go in there, you should just fake like they have shown you the true path and eat up there bullshit like they are valiums. This will help you get into the pantalones of a certain girl who is more important than arguing with a bunch of devout Christians.

yes, you make a good point there...i thought long and hard on how to handle this....on the one side, i have this really cute chick that i have managed to to get to start asking why, and after getting to know her i think she really wants to let go of alot of this religious bull shit and venture onto a more personalized path....but then invites me to her layer, to meet and talk with a whole bunch of people who arent ready to start asking such questions....

so i go in there and buy all their bull shit to get into said chicks pants....or do i go in there ready for a fight?

if i just buy all thir bullshit, i think that all the progress i made with her before hand may be lost....then im stuck with a chick that doesnt approve of half the shit i do, and those kinds of chicks arent fun....im not about ready to change my life for this chick...and theres no way in hell im gonna get into them anytime soon, theres lots of walls to break down first

but if o go in there, stating my ideas and debating with them, they may end up getting their grubby lil paws on her afterwards, brain washing her into thinking im the devil or some shit....

so i think im just gonna try to find a happy medium....if thats even possible

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: Signo]
    #2072095 - 11/05/03 03:34 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

and yes, they are technically christians.....they are just a little more weird about how they go about showing their faith

like this, it really cracks me up....

celebrating all holidays, christmas, easter, thanxgiving....even your birthday are sins...they believe that it is a form of self worship and/or worshiping the false religions....i mean damn, no birthdays? dont you think "god" would allow you to celebrate the greatest gift he gave you, your life?

oh, and they dont call him god, they call him jehovah....his "true" name

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by wrestler_az (11/05/03 03:35 AM)

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2072283 - 11/05/03 05:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Do you have any idea what jehovah's are? They are not just a little more weird, they are  :devil:  :tongue:

The mission of jehovah's witnesses is to "save" people. The only thing they do in life is trying to make other people jehovah's. If you tell them to shut up they won't listen because they are so "friendly" and they need to save you.

Jehovah's are one big family and if that cute chick at the bus station drops her believe, she will probably lose her family. Ask her how those things work in that jehovah's sect...

Good luck...  :spliff: 

OfflineSoulSurfer
Killer of Giants
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: Annom]
    #2072327 - 11/05/03 06:09 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That's true, I dated a Jehova chick, but she was wild. She liked to party and drank like crazy. Her Mom had to stop talking to her and think of her as dead until she came back to the JW's.

--------------------
:sunny: :sunny::sunny:

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #2072342 - 11/05/03 06:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I bet she's trying the same thing on you, maybe in a jehovah's witness board somewhere there is a thread called "i met a cute sinner at the bus station!"

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

#2072352 - 11/05/03 06:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The mission of jehovah's witnesses is to "save" people. The only thing they do in life is trying to make other people jehovah's. If you tell them to shut up they won't listen because they are so "friendly" and they need to save you.

sounds just like most of the christians i know

Quote:

bet she's trying the same thing on you, maybe in a jehovah's witness board somewhere there is a thread called "i met a cute sinner at the bus station!"

:lol: ya, i bet that is a good possibility! i love it, i laughed so hard at that one....anyway, more power to her....for some reason i found alot of amusment in this whole situation....weather or not she drops her beliefs isnt really that important to me, but the fact that she, and the rest of the christian types i know, are following them so blindly bothers me, i mean, dont they ever stop and ask why?...maybe im :devil: but this is all like a game to me.... 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Invisiblelongshot
title of what?

Loc: Farther North than you
Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: buckwheat]
    #2072355 - 11/05/03 06:34 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mindcandy said:
maybe in a jehovah's witness board somewhere there is a thread called "i met a cute sinner at the bus station!"

So funny.

They will be ganging up on you.
Dont back down though. Dont be hardheaded or rude, be interested. That could be so much fun. If you really think you can feel comfortable do it. Go in and see if they can explain themselves. Remember though they will talk some talk. You must be able to handle yourself.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: longshot]
    #2072362 - 11/05/03 06:43 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yes i agree...and in fact i am very interested...i want to know how they can believe in something as strongly as they do, based soley on the fact that it was simply "taught" to them...i mean, if i believed everything i was taught, my math skills would be so fucked up right now....i had some of THE worst math teachers ever....when a student had a problem, they asked me, another student and not the teacher... :tongue:

an explanation is all im really looking for....and if it gets too bad, see ya! and hes gone....lol they better not try to pull some exorcist bull shit and try to get the demons out or nothin :razz: i like my demons :devil: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2072386 - 11/05/03 07:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"are JWs christiians?"
~
depends on who you ask :wink: ...
~
if you were doing a flow chart of christianity, the whole russelite/JW thing would be way on the fringe... maybe a contemporary (mid-1800s american end-times/doomsday cults of 1844?) restatement of the old "arianism" heresy (stuff about the nature of god & the relationship between godhead, god the father, the son, and the holy spirit... hint: the trinitarians "won" )...
~
historical note: JWs were on hitler's list of special groups to be exterminated...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: gnrm23]
    #2072436 - 11/05/03 08:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i think the first thing you need to do is convince her that all religions are based on the same beliefs and that other religions are not wrong just a different version of hers.therefore opening her up to accept new ideas, and then do your thing. easier said than done thou

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: buckwheat]
    #2072529 - 11/05/03 09:46 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm curious for an update, whenever you go and crash her bible study...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineiamhimheisme
jesus christ

Loc: where i dont want to be
    #2072805 - 11/05/03 11:59 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
ever see that movie dogma ( i think thats what its called ) anyway i like it when, fuck, i cant remember that black comedians name....

anyway, when hes says beliefs are dangerous, they get you killed.... so he has ideas instead :grin:

anyway, that popped into my head just now....

oh ya, im stoned too- can ya tell?

lol :stoned: 

the initial situation reminds me of dogma too.  the part where matt damon (loki) convinces a nun that god doesnt exist.

you can do it! like others have said, they'll gang up on you, but stay strong and dont back down :wink:  i cant believe they argue that 'the bible hasnt been changed because god doesnt want it to'  ask them how they feel about abortion and if god wants that.  theyre probably against it, yet if god could keep the bible intact, why cant he keep people from having abortions? 

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2 [Re: iamhimheisme]
    #2073704 - 11/05/03 04:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

JW are more hardcore than your average "i still sin all the time" Christian.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub