Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Grace
    #11182899 -

Grace is the essence of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

God has, in his perfect wisdom, made it possible pardon and reconcile his enemies while at the same time being just. Sin demands God's judgment, and for this reason Jesus took upon himself the sins of the world and bore the wrath of God for our sakes.

The unmerited favor of God is grace. It is a mystery full of love which has captivated my soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: palmersc]
    #11182927 -

GOD SENT HIMSELF INTO OUR WORLD AS A HUMAN SO HE CUD PUNISH HIMSELF FOR HIS SINLESS LIFE AS A THINGY TO PROTECT US BECAUSE WE ARE SINNERS BUT JESUS TOOK OUR SIN AWAY BUT WE CAN STILL SIN BUT WE CANT GO TO HELL BECAUSE JESUS TOOK GODS WRATH BUT IF UR BAD ULL GO TO HELL

GOOD GOLLY GRACE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: palmersc]
    #11182931 -

Where have you and fivepointer been. You know if you leave a time gap like this some fucked upstart nebie christian is going to come in and take all the glory to god on high away from you.

so come on man, we need more of this bullshit posting from you.:hellfire:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: Icelander]
    #11183011 -

I come here to post every now and then because I have a soft spot for the psychedelic community.

Man loves darkness and hates the light. By God's grace he can change a man, any man. You are no more vile at heart than I. I have a hope in God which is shedding light on the dark cold hardened heart I came to Him with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: palmersc]
    #11183015 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: palmersc]
    #11183036 -

You are no more vile at heart than I

You're not so vile, more like weak and scared and lost.:satansmoking:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: Icelander]
    #11183068 -

I am weak.

I am scared to the extent that I don't trust in God's goodness.

By God's grace I am no longer fighting as a boxer who beats aimlessly at the air.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: palmersc]
    #11183115 -

Like I said. 

but really dude, IMO, you don't need to be here anymore. It's just sad.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: palmersc]
    #11183126 -

I know God's people are scattered amongst the lies and deception that surround this community. God is not impotent and waiting for us to come to Him. He is sovereign and shows grace by granting faith in His son. The foolishness of the cross becomes life and wisdom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: palmersc]
    #11183137 -

Now youre just being a tool.

Can't you find a bible study group to bug.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: Icelander]
    #11183186 -

I just feel like the bible is obviously an edited version of something that was once different - why don't you get into the kuran, palmersc? I think it is slightly more legitimate


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11183218 -

fucking terriorists.:mad2:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11183233 -

You can't just substitute the qu'ran for the bible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: Band of Gypsys]
    #11183239 -

Or other comic books.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11183330 -

My life and philosophy hinge on the words of Jesus. He spoke life into me when I was near death. I am now a student of His grace and it has blossomed into peace and joy I never knew. By grace I have been given the gift of faith. It is not something I have to work up within myself.

Islam denies the deity of Jesus and his saving work on the cross. The reconciliation of man to God. I am not very familiar with the Quran, but that goes for a lot of things. I am still just scratching the surface of the Bible. I don't understand everything I read in the Bible, but the power of God is a reality in my life and I trust Him.

I really just want to have an intelligent discussion that brings various worldviews under scrutiny and hopefully I can be one who spreads truth about Jesus where it is lacking. I know I knew nothing about the Bible except here say until I studied it myself. If there is anything about the Quaran you find compelling I would like to hear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: palmersc]
    #11183387 -

palmersc said:
My life and philosophy hinge on the words of Jesus. He spoke life into me when I was near death. I am now a student of His grace and it has blossomed into peace and joy I never knew. By grace I have been given the gift of faith. It is not something I have to work up within myself.

Islam denies the deity of Jesus and his saving work on the cross. The reconciliation of man to God. I am not very familiar with the Quran, but that goes for a lot of things. I am still just scratching the surface of the Bible. I don't understand everything I read in the Bible, but the power of God is a reality in my life and I trust Him.

I really just want to have an intelligent discussion that brings various worldviews under scrutiny and hopefully I can be one who spreads truth about Jesus where it is lacking. I know I knew nothing about the Bible except here say until I studied it myself. If there is anything about the Quaran you find compelling I would like to hear.



Is it possible if you were born into a Muslim family in a Muslim country that you would be saying something along the lines of Allah coming into your life and changing your reality.  Or maybe if you were born a few thousand years ago you would be worshiping Pharoah convinced that he is the deity.  Don't you get it?  You only believe this shit because someone told it to you and you bought it.  Your religious beliefs are culturally defined and if this were 1500 in Spain you'd be cheering on the Inquisition.  Me?  I'd probably be a quiet, rational atheist who keeps his mouth shut as the superstitious freaks around me mutilate each other in the name of God.


--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: joemolloy]
    #11183427 -

you're wasting your time

Religion in - Logic out.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: joemolloy]
    #11183455 -

joemolloy said:
Is it possible if you were born into a Muslim family in a Muslim country that you would be saying something along the lines of Allah coming into your life and changing your reality.  Or maybe if you were born a few thousand years ago you would be worshiping Pharoah convinced that he is the deity.  Don't you get it?  You only believe this shit because someone told it to you and you bought it.  Your religious beliefs are culturally defined and if this were 1500 in Spain you'd be cheering on the Inquisition.  Me?  I'd probably be a quiet, rational atheist who keeps his mouth shut as the superstitious freaks around me mutilate each other in the name of God.



Yes, God will come into your life in anyway you want. Religion isn't really necessary. If you want to play religion God will play along.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: joemolloy]
    #11183529 -

I believe that objective truth exists. I believe that truth is found in Jesus.

I am not one to sit on the fence. I chose a path and followed it. That initially was psychedelics, eastern mysticism and Buddhism, because I thought Christianity was man made and cultural. I don't know why Christianity is viewed as an ignorant worldview. If you look at all the discoveries in medicine and science over the centuries, you will see that godly men were behind much of it. Your rebellious attitude is nothing new, but it does not take into account what culture has provided. History. Are we now so smart that we can discard God?

I am certainly missing the mark in some ways because of culture. That's where grace comes in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Grace [Re: Band of Gypsys]
    #11183607 -

Band of Gypsys said:
joemolloy said:
Is it possible if you were born into a Muslim family in a Muslim country that you would be saying something along the lines of Allah coming into your life and changing your reality.  Or maybe if you were born a few thousand years ago you would be worshiping Pharoah convinced that he is the deity.  Don't you get it?  You only believe this shit because someone told it to you and you bought it.  Your religious beliefs are culturally defined and if this were 1500 in Spain you'd be cheering on the Inquisition.  Me?  I'd probably be a quiet, rational atheist who keeps his mouth shut as the superstitious freaks around me mutilate each other in the name of God.



Yes, God will come into your life in anyway you want. Religion isn't really necessary. If you want to play religion God will play along.



So God comes in many forms?  Not just the Christian version?  How do I know which one is God?  There are so many to choose from and they all sing the same refrain - Have faith.


--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Missed Point in Christianity! Sinbad 1,477 9 03/09/06 06:03 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Christianity is Spiritual
( 1 2 3 4 all )
palmersc 4,622 60 10/24/07 03:21 PM
by fireworks_god
* why christianity is for inbreeders:
( 1 2 all )
eric_the_redS 3,033 26 08/19/04 09:57 AM
by silversoul7
* catholicism not christian?
( 1 2 all )
NiamhNyx 2,033 22 01/25/08 10:04 AM
by Icelander
* Christian and Jewish TV roundtable OrgoneConclusion 1,060 6 09/08/07 10:31 AM
by Cracka_X
* Christianity and the threat of Hell
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
CUBErt 20,749 179 05/16/16 07:11 AM
by majicman30
* If the Christian god is real...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Isaac 15,418 155 05/16/09 02:39 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Re: God, Christ and the Christian religion Raoul Duke 1,573 15 06/26/09 11:43 AM
by OrgoneConclusion

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,910 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.