Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Christian and Jewish TV roundtable
    #7382415 - 09/08/07 02:34 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Caller: Might not the end of the world actually be caused by religious intolerance?

Moderator: That is a good question. Why can't we all get along and respect one another?

Rabbi: I agree. There are many paths to God and we are all His creation. There is no reason we cannot accept another's faith.

Christian Minister: I am afraid I cannot abide by that as the core belief of Christianity is that the ONLY way to God is through Jesus

Wonderful. The Christian by his very nature cannot be tolerant - and that about sums it all up.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Christian and Jewish TV roundtable [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7382431 - 09/08/07 02:50 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

There are many types of Christians, that would be a fundamentalist's view. I try hard not to despise them...

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Christian and Jewish TV roundtable [Re: Middleman]
    #7382459 - 09/08/07 03:21 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Derailing my own thread:

My mom has given to the Catholic Church from her meager salary for 50 years. And that money has been put to good use - to pay off the families who were victims of pedophile priests.

--------------------

Offlinepabloescabar
Stranger thanyou
 User Gallery

#7382488 - 09/08/07 03:58 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

organized religion is a joke, it always has been and will doom us all.:sad:

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #7382744 - 09/08/07 07:36 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

This is the ignorance that has long passed for Christianity. The creation of a doctrine, an idea which must be believed in order for one to be transformed (saved) is actually the root of ignorance. The belief or unquestioning assumption of any doctrine does nothing by itself to transform a human being from human to Being.

In the case of Christian doctrine, the mere belief in scriptural sayings is assumed by the multitudes to be sufficient for 'salvation,' even though there is little or no evidence in the moment-to-moment lives of Christian believers or in the collective consciousness of Christian nations. Germany was mostly Lutheran when it began two world wars. Scandinavians have their problems with depression, suicide, alcoholism and these despite the open attitudes towards sex (which in itself may be healthy or unhealthy depending upon whether it means derepression or escapism). The USA under George W. Bush - a man who signed many death warrants as governor and who lied to hundreds of millions of Americans, not to mention the world's billions, and who has continued to send young people to die in a futile war, calls himself a Christian. He only knows the false Christianity which is a collection of mental beliefs that serve only to aggrandize his and others' egos. In his case however, the ego has unlimited power at its disposal.

Christ IS the 'only way,' but the so-called Christians who parrot this idea fail to understand that Christ is the universal consciousness itself, not the bundle of doctrines about the universal consciousness. Moreover, the universal consciousness (of Compassion and Wisdom) did not rise and fall with a Jewish man of 1st century Judea, but is Present as Being itself - the eternal verity from which all form takes its existence. To say that Christ is the only way is true, but NOT in the limited doctrinal and false sense of the average Christian preacher. Christ is called different things in different religions and people fail to see that 'a rose by any other name smells as sweet.' Christ is a title which means 'anointed' as in the ancient ritual of anointing one's head with oil which symbolized the bestowal of some kind of power or authority. Similarly the title 'Buddha' indicates a unique authority - that of one who is 'awakened' to Reality - akin to 'anointed by God.' But again, most people are ignorant and what is more, they choose to remain ignorant because in the case of most 'Christians' the doctrines feed only the egotistic sense of 'I'm right' and 'you're wrong.' This inflated self-righteousness is mistakenly interpreted as a personal influx of grace because ego inflation feels like elation! This subjective state, uncritically interpreted by minds that are ignorant of the workings of mind, act accordingly ignorant. Bigotry is the first verbal expression of this ignorance.

A person can 'be' Christian without believing Christian doctrine. This sounds absurd to multitudes of false Christians, but 'Christian' is in the way of Being, NOT in the believing. Believing is the same as wishful thinking and takes no active part in one's personal transformation from psychosomatic human to spiritual Beinghood. Jesus the Christ did not believe anything that the Christian religion invented about Him in doctrines. What made Jesus the Christ was His full participation in Being. If people can get past the anthropomorphisms of Father-Son expressions, past the distasteful patriarchal prejudice of Jewish-Christian tradition, and ponder many of the sayings of Jesus in the light of what it means to live in the Eternal Present, despite the distractions of space-time on one's own awareness, then one can see what is truly meant by the saying "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). The way is the Logos, the universal consciousness, Being, NOT the words in scripture and the long-haired man who allegedly spoke those words. This saying is pure mysticism, not about the ego Jesus, it is from the 'I AM,' from Eternal Being which is Present to everyone and everything in every moment.

"Oh...stupid Christian...isn't it grand?"
- Grace Slick, Jefferson Airplane

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #7382748 - 09/08/07 07:37 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

this tells the whole story:

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Christian Minister: I am afraid

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Christian and Jewish TV roundtable [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7383182 - 09/08/07 10:31 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

nice, thanks

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Jump to top Pages: 1