Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Questions for the Enlightened [Re: Lakefingers]
    #7324088 - 08/23/07 12:14 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
Can your enlightenment fit into a .zip file?

no-zip-eration

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Questions for the Enlightened [Re: Ravus]
    #7324813 - 08/23/07 08:53 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

No, you clearly do not have an unbiased perspective.  All of your negative comments are directed towards women, though you say that you saw the consequences of both male AND female promiscuity.

I'm not defending a sexual lifestyle in which both partners disregard their health and reproductive capacity.  My comments were directed towards the obvious double standard you expressed.  If promiscuous women are "sluts," then so are promiscuous men.  If promiscuous men are not sluts, then neither are promiscuous women.

There is nothing wrong with sexual exploration and experimentation.  There is no such thing as "sin," and there are no victims in consensual sexual relationships.  The mistakes you are discussing have nothing to do with sexuality, but everything to do with immaturity and irresponsibility.  I think that it is important to recognize the difference.

"Saving yourself" until marriage is only one option among many, and it is one in which I cannot see much merit.  Marriage is difficult enough as it is, without adding the complication of sexual incompatibility.  Mature, experienced partners are much more capable of choosing an appropriate spouse, and establishing a healthy sexual relationship is an important prerequisite to choosing to create a legal partnership.

But, each to his/her own.  If you would rather have a virgin wife, that is your choice.  If you would rather regret the sexual explorations of your youth, so be it.  But my "rebellious days" are far from over, and sowing my wild oats yielded a harvest beyond my wildest imaginings, so I do not have an iota of regret.  :grin:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Questions for the Enlightened [Re: Ravus]
    #7325418 - 08/23/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I think there actually was something to saving your virginity until marriage, because now that I'd actually want to have a serious relationship with a girl rather than having one-night stands or getting her and her buddies to suck me off, all I can think of is all the guys who were my friends have already been with her, that it's not protected ground anymore.

Frankly I think your attitude is prudish and self serving. You have been the "slut" according to your posts and yet you vilify others for doing what you indulged in. And now you want to quit and point your fingers because you now believe something different that is of course another random change of mind. Tomorrow you will be on to something else.:tongue: The venom in the song you posted along with the use of the negative word slut doesn't convince me that you don't hate and fear women.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
Re: Questions for the Enlightened [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7335327 - 08/26/07 03:19 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

cumulus mediocris clouds thrushed by the blue

OfflinecLOUDDEAD
Stranger

Re: Questions for the Enlightened [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #7335956 - 08/26/07 11:17 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
I have found myself to have become totally spiritually enlightened in every way. I have eliminated the last shreds of ego and self importance, and have entered into a permanent state of enlightened spiritual bliss. I know that to share my wisdom here (or anywhere really) is literally like casting "pearls before swine", but the ranks of the enlightened (who are few) are burdened with the onerous responsibility of helping those much less fortunate by sharing occasional nuggets of wisdom with the ignorant. So if anyone has any questions about enlightenment I may find a moment here to answer them...free of charge for now.

so you had a good ego death and felt refreshed the next day. it happens to me all the time. it doesn't mean you're fucking god or something.

Edited by cLOUDDEAD (08/26/07 12:08 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Questions for the Enlightened [Re: cLOUDDEAD]
    #7336010 - 08/26/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Can you say satire?:monkeydance:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #7336035 - 08/26/07 11:36 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

it doesn't mean you're fucking god or something.

Why would I want to be God? I have transcended God. ..and ego death? What is that?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflinecLOUDDEAD
Stranger

#7336125 - 08/26/07 12:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i was implying that your "enlightenment" has made you a little self-absorbed. there is no god to transcend. and if you "eliminated the last shreds of ego" you wouldn't even be able to say you "have found yourself to have become totally spiritually enlightened in every way". it's just ridiculous. smoke some weed, pop an h-bomb and chill.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#7336446 - 08/26/07 02:02 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Of course I AM NOT self absorbed! I exhibit zero self importance. How dare you suggest it. Other people tell me how enlightened I am constantly, so my remarks carry much weight.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflinecLOUDDEAD
Stranger

#7336571 - 08/26/07 02:43 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

how long did it take this enlightenment to bloom?

and was it from shrooms or lsd or what?

Edited by cLOUDDEAD (08/26/07 02:53 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#7336586 - 08/26/07 02:47 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I was born that way. Drugs certainly won't do the trick. I took one hit of acid once, but it was way too scary and disturbing to elicit any sort of philosophically based reaction. I am more into repeating patterns and comfort. I am seeking to enlighten people to the possibilities of functioning from our culturally defined programs in order to find peace and comfort.

--------------------

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (08/26/07 02:53 PM)

OfflinecLOUDDEAD
Stranger

#7336622 - 08/26/07 02:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i know what you mean about acid. the first time i did it i ending up summoning satan from the ground. not very fun.

what is your reason for posting on shroomery?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#7336898 - 08/26/07 04:24 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the first time i did it i ending up summoning satan from the ground.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. I post on the shroomery because enlightened beings manifest things so efficiently that they don't have to work. This leaves me with a lot of free time, and I get bored.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#7337118 - 08/26/07 05:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

His whole post is a fucking sarcastic joke.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Questions for the Enlightened [Re: Icelander]
    #7337125 - 08/26/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

He knows it already.

--------------------

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

#7337133 - 08/26/07 05:33 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#7337142 - 08/26/07 05:35 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

So who is this puppet?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#7337148 - 08/26/07 05:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The dude said he summoned Satan on his first acid trip...come on...get a clue...

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#7337158 - 08/26/07 05:38 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:monkeydance: oh, yeah, figures.:tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#7337165 - 08/26/07 05:39 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I thought I was trolling him pretty well until he tried to troll me.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag