Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
A Tool to help you See
    #478930 - 12/03/01 11:29 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone else has had spiritual experiences while listening to a Tool album... Lateralus in particular, but I have also had an experience after listening to Aenima. I take the title "Lateralus" to mean the lateralization, or equaling, of ourselves. During the trip I think it worked on my mind subconsciously, and in my altered state I could grasp the true meaning of the music... something I can usually only suspect in a normal state. My mind became lateralized, my ego became insignificant. My mind soared out into space, and listened to the voices of the universe... Recently while listening to Aenima on mushrooms I grasped (in a totally different way) some of the meaning behind it.

The point is if you enjoy Tool, or even if you dont, try opening yourself up to it while on mushrooms... as Timothy Leary said, "learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerablity, to inform yourself."

The power of music is there

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: A Tool to help you See [Re: Adamist]
    #479011 - 12/04/01 01:30 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>as Timothy Leary said, "learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerablity, to inform yourself."
In my experience this is as simple as eating a little pice of paper... :laugh:

But I agree, music can carry a deep meaning. Iv'e only listened to two Tool albums, once each, and it's not particularly my kind of music, but it's ok enough that I would try what you suggest.

I think the emotional state and personality of the composer(s) is somehow encoded into the music, even if it is not intended. This information can be much easier decoded while tripping.
Iv'e had lots of great experiences where the music guides me through different states, some of which might be categorized as spiritual ones.

The power of music is definetely there

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Anonymous

Re: A Tool to help you See [Re: Timeleech]
    #479034 - 12/04/01 01:53 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

"I think the emotional state and personality of the composer(s) is somehow encoded into the music, even if it is not intended."

Completely agreed... it's the strongest in music, but this also holds true for anything created. I went through a short phase were I could actually feel energy off of objects. You could really feel when somebody put themselves into something. I had a lot of fun going around my mom's house and looking at all of her different nic-nacs. She had on piece that was handcarved out of wood and the feeling it gave me was just outstanding. I wanted to steal it from her. =)

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
    #479056 - 12/04/01 02:39 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i was listening to reflection a while ago with my headphones on in a dark room... after a while i just had to stop it... so intense
And yeah while listening to ?nima i had some amazing experiences ... tool is just ... well you know... it's tool

Edited by justthiz (12/04/01 02:39 AM)

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#479060 - 12/04/01 02:44 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Tool is my favorite band. I just saw them on nov 1st it kicked ass! They were so good! I haven't tripped yet, but my friend is growing and I will soon. I decided I'm gonna make a trip mix cd (either that or just bring a grip of cds along with me) and I'm gonna have to listen to lateralus (the song #9 on the cd I believe it is) That is my favorite song on the cd. How was it while tripping? I love it while sober and stoned. Tool is such a great band

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
    #479553 - 12/04/01 01:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Each time I listen to Lateralus I understand more and more. On my last heavy trip on 5 grams I pretty much understood the spiral, among many other things, and also came to realize that Shroomism is right in what he says. Also, at the near the end of Faaip De Oiad(#13) I always shudder and get flushed.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: A Tool to help you See [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #479608 - 12/04/01 02:30 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The song Lateralus was the peak for me. The spiral, the illusions, the loss of ego, the intuitive understanding...

Faaip De Oiad opened me to the possibility of alien existence, and since then I have come to agree with what Shroomism says more and more... it makes sense.

Lateral Us... Equalize us... Bring us to the same level.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OnlinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: A Tool to help you See [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #479825 - 12/04/01 06:21 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

I decided I'm gonna make a trip mix cd (either that or just bring a grip of cds along with me)

definitely make a trip mix.  you don't wanna be faced with the task of deciding which song to play out of your grip o cd's :wink:.  i'm a big fan of the mixes

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

Re: A Tool to help you See [Re: geokills]
    #479828 - 12/04/01 06:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

lol ok I'll go with the mix

--------------------

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#479832 - 12/04/01 06:29 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yeah any songs you reccomend? I was gonna put some tool, rage, zeppelin, pink floyd, maybe some black sabbath. (I'm gonna put more than that, but thats what I thought off of the top of my head. I haven't planned it out yet.) I think from those you can see about what kind of music I like.

--------------------

OnlinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: A Tool to help you See [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #479853 - 12/04/01 06:45 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

>I'm pretty sure you won't tell me some shit cause you like tool

:wink:

i never really said i liked tool, did i?  hehe... they aren't bad, but they aren't really my style.  for a list of songs i put on one of my mixes that was absolutely wonderful check out THIS THREAD.  it's got some nice music suggestions :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #480317 - 12/05/01 02:14 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I just wanted to say tool owns :> and the people who listen to tool as strictly a rock band or somethign without knowing the meaning of hte lyrics. i feel bad for them. I just had to put some tool on, i dont know. I used to think about Aenima, and when he said he hoped we had title waves, meteor showers, etc etc. Maynard wanted to see hte end of the world...i thoguht how completely depressing, he is not happy. This was years back, now when i listen to it "The only way to fix it is to flush it all away" "moms gonna ix it all soon" etc. :D very happy i dont know im gonna go hahah :D bye

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#480322 - 12/05/01 02:22 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

How do they make every graham cracker in the box taste exactly the same?

Anonymous

Re: A Tool to help you See [Re: djfrog]
    #480325 - 12/05/01 02:25 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

By injecting your brain with a taste altering chemical while you sleep that makes every graham cracker in the box taste exactly the same.

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: A Tool to help you See [Re: tak]
    #480773 - 12/05/01 01:52 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
suck it down.
flush it down.

See dude, it seems negative just because of the initial reaction of "I don't want the world to end", but then see how evilly fucked up it is and how much better it can and will be. Watch the cataclysms come and open your eyes with an easing glaze of loving change.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineTao_Shin_Li
    #480893 - 12/05/01 03:36 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Tool is very awesome band. They speak very wise things in song, I like Lateralus a lot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder