Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Shroomism
    #487342 - 12/11/01 02:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Without knowing you very well, I can't help but beleive what you have to say. You're extremely well taught and well spoken.

If you don't mind my asking...how old are you? What do you do? Are you aware of your purpose?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: CherryBom]
    #487448 - 12/11/01 03:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I'm 19 year old, I'm a high school drop out since 15, I install satellite dishes for living, and yes I am aware of my purpose.

Edited by Anonymous (12/11/01 03:42 PM)

Offlinelissa
Loc: Ohio (sucks!)
Re: Shroomism [Re: ]
    #487472 - 12/11/01 03:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i also feel very convinced by everything that you have to say. and a formal education does not necessarily have anything to do with intelligence. keep up the intelligent posts, they're refreshing.

Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: lissa]
    #487478 - 12/11/01 04:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

While someone will most likely ridicule me for such a statement, public education in the present is for the most part a waste of brain cells. I don't know how many of you are in, or have recently been in US public schools? It's a day care center, where the teachers care more of pumping their students full of useless information than enhancing and encouraging their creativity. There is little regard for the individuals. Of course there are exceptions.
I was raised on a healthy diet of books, and self educated. I channel information as well as recieve it from shamans and the like. My views have always been met with a lot of resistance, as was told to me before I ever began. "Expect to be laughed at, criticized, labeled as a lunatic, delusional, etc.. but pay no heed to these people for they serve only to slow you down"

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

#487569 - 12/11/01 05:33 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think public schools in Canada are just as equally mind-numbing. I'm a 19 year old high school drop out myself with no intentions of returning. I did, however, pick up a magazine today called Transformational Arts CollegeWhere body, mind and spirit unite.

It's the first time any kind of formal education has interested me.

Shroomism, I'm curious...I promise this is the last question, I'll leave you alone... ;) What is your sign? Acendant?

--------------------

Anonymous

#487585 - 12/11/01 05:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Oh I don't mind the questions at all..
I have lately been seeing an increase in the number of spiritual colleges which I am looking into going into.

I'm an aquarius

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #487594 - 12/11/01 05:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

"public education in the present is for the most part a waste of brain cells."

absolutey agreed.

--------------------

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#487596 - 12/11/01 05:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

you said you read a lot, what are some good books? I hardly ever read "real" books. I read a lot of comics and just writing on the internet. I'm an aquarius also.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #487614 - 12/11/01 06:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What kind of stuff are you interested in?

Offlinelissa
Loc: Ohio (sucks!)
Re: Shroomism [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #487630 - 12/11/01 06:20 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i think high school is for the most part crap. however, i'm in college now and i have really learned some interesting stuff that i know i wouldn't have otherwise. i learned about the war on drugs in philosophy class, some amazing astronomy facts, anthropology, literature, etc. (some) people actually seem to want to learn in college, and those people were few and far between in high school (but that was understandable since the classes were usually so pointless).

i notice that CherryBomb and Shroomism have better sentence structures, grammar, and coherency of thought in their posts than most high school graduates i know. go figure.

and... i'm an aquarius too. :)

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#487635 - 12/11/01 06:24 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

At first I thought Captain Jack's newest puppet was poopyfist2000. But now its clear that is new sock puppet is actually Shroomism. How do I know Capn Jack is Shroomism? Didn't you notice the phallyc nature of the crop circle picture collection he posted?

Anonymous

#487637 - 12/11/01 06:25 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Alright! Aquarius party!

Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: djfrog]
    #487639 - 12/11/01 06:26 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

new sock puppet? where do you get this? I have been on the Shroomery for 2+ years.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #487652 - 12/11/01 06:38 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Although I agree public school is for the most part pretty poor, more in how people are educated rather than what is being tought... I do however feel strongly that university's and colleges offer a great deal and that I think that is where an individual can truly learn a great many things...

I agree that you can learn a lot through just reading books, but most people don't truly have a passion for reading...

Learning is so important, as long as someone learns on their own if they aren't in school that is cool, but if you don't learn I just truly feel you are missing out on so much....

Anonymous

Re: Shroomism [Re: Thor]
    #487660 - 12/11/01 06:46 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I completely agree that universities and colleges offer a good opportunity for people to expand their knowledge based on the avenue they choose. I believe though that most public high schools (at least the ones my friends and I went to) are just a cesspool of ignorance and brainwashing.
Of course there are exceptions

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Shroomism [Re: Thor]
    #487667 - 12/11/01 06:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I too, am an aquarius and not really suprised that you are. In fact, I had already guessed air. I'm looking to get an aquarius glyph tatooed on my ankle, but I just haven't found the perfect one yet.

Some people suffocate in a structured learning facility, others thrive. It all depends on the person.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #487675 - 12/11/01 06:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Im considering droping out, but I dont want to ruin my chances of getting into a good college... Ive come this far in my shitty ass desensitizing "education", why not go another year or so? Maybe, just maybe, ill go to a college where thinking is encouraged...

Im also an aquarius... Ive been reading some astrology and it says aquarius's sometimes sense when things need to change, and I think that can be applied here.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Anonymous

#487677 - 12/11/01 06:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Take a look at a bunch of aquarius designs and come up with your own desgin
Or if you are not artistically inclined (though you should be, being an aquarius) I could help you find one

OfflineTrail_Blazer
enthusiast

#487678 - 12/11/01 06:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

College will give me a peice of paper that says I have enough knowledge in a particular discipline to get the job I want. I am FOR education.

Without what I learn specifically for my major (In case your curious, Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with my MBA (Master's in Business Administration)) I wouldn't be able to do what I love, which is R & D for tech companies or military agencies. I agree that intelligence isn't based on what ya learn from school, but you do need it in this day and age to sometimes get what you want, like a well-paying job in what ya love.

For those of you who want to install satellite dishes or what not for the rest of your life, so be it. But i'd rather get a job where something new pops up everyday. Not a flame, just my view on it.

Education isn't THAT bad folks. You don't have to listen or even really learn wat is taught to you. You just need to pass a class get a grade, and then get a nice lil peice of paper that says at some point you knew enough to qualify for a job. Ok thats my overrated two cents.

Peace

--------------------
[green]There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased this line.[/green]
Visit FSR

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Shroomism [Re: Adamist]
    #487688 - 12/11/01 07:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Aquarians are all about change, transformation and other things that freak people out. Ruled by the air element, we're thinkers, innovators, inventors. Ruled by Uranus, we're weird, unorthodox and unique.

Follow your heart. It's usually right.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology