Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
meaning of "freedom"...
    #4445646 - 07/24/05 03:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

it is quite clear that the concept of "freedom" held by most americans means imprisoning..torturing..and executing ppl without a trial or even a lawyer on the one hand.. and waging aggressive warfare and genocide on the other...every civil liberty that gets revoked..and every country we invade is necessarily an advance of "freedom"...

if thats not how i understand freedom..then im very obviously wrong..given how im consistently laughed off the board (and i fully expect that to be the case here too) on numerous occasions when i have been so stupid as to try to deny the above meaning of "freedom"...

im clearly missing something..and i would appreciate it if those of you who are already cackling would care to enlighten me on what it is...thx...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
Re: meaning of "freedom"... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4446023 - 07/24/05 07:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The fringe violence of american freedom comes more from a perverse sense of fear and over-protection than any real aggressive tendency. -it seems to me-

When you become powerful, you need to fight to keep it. That's the nature of power right?

I don't live there however, I live in the parasite to the north.

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: meaning of "freedom"... [Re: AvatarofAtavism]
    #4449310 - 07/25/05 03:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

if you did live here..you would know that most americans really are a bunch of sadistic scumbags...they keep laffing me off this board because i have a problem reconciling it with "freedom"...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlinephreedom420
Stranger
    #4449362 - 07/25/05 03:26 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, thats exactly what we see freedom as *eye roll*

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: meaning of "freedom"... [Re: phreedom420]
    #4449673 - 07/25/05 08:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think the term freedom is wayyyy over used and misused. We dont live in freedom. I would like to here some opinions as to why people think American citizens have freedom today.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4449804 - 07/25/05 10:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

im clearly missing something..and i would appreciate it if those of you who are already cackling would care to enlighten me on what it is...thx...

Well, I'll certainly try to explain things to you, but you never really make any effort to understand how the other side really thinks, so I'm sure you'll just twist my words.

I don't agree whatsoever with their tactics, but I think it's quite obvious that they feel that there is a group of people who want to use random violence to kill innocent people in order to coerce a government into treating them a certain way.

Americans feel that it is necessary to wipe out these people in order to prevent further attacks.

Oil and industry, naturally, factor into all of this, but the people held at Guantanamo Bay are there for reasons relating to random, ruthless violence. Whether or not they are all justifiably arrested, and whether or not they are being treated properly is another question, although I'm sure that the tactics we're using now are the same ones that were used in dealing with Nazi prisoners who had information.

I'm not saying that it's right, I'm just saying that a reasonable person should be able to understand what's happening and why. Assuming that the americans are only interested in pure evil is just stupid.

There's no such thing as evil, there's just people who think they've got a monopoly on "good", and have the right to do anything to win. Kind of like you, anna.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: meaning of "freedom"... [Re: 1stimer]
    #4449905 - 07/25/05 11:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
I think the term freedom is wayyyy over used and misused. We dont live in freedom. I would like to here some opinions as to why people think American citizens have freedom today.

It's a matter of perspective. In terms of drug policy, we're not as free as the Dutch, but we have the most freedom of speech of any country in the world, despite some of the efforts in those in power over the years.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion