Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: To All Americans Who Hate America [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1115409 - 12/05/02 08:21 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Korea, Vietnam, China, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and Pakistan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite a prestigious list to compare the U.S.A to
In parts of Egypt they include licking a hot iron as part of your trial and if your tongue blisters it is determined you are lying. Really do you wanna defend your actions by essentially saying" but in the Congo it's worse!"

Yes, I guess I did pick the bottom of the barrel. But, I guess I was trying to
illustrate that there are places in the world that are absolutely horrid to live in, and
America isn't all that bad.

RandalFlagg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Re: To All Americans Who Hate America [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #1115533 - 12/05/02 09:17 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I agree that "America isn't all that bad", and I think this thread should have been called "To All Americans Who have Criticisms of America".

I just think it's not unpatriotic to point out things that could be improved on, because if we keep pretending "everything's just perfect", things could get worse.

Anyways, God Bless America (or whatever the equivalent Athiest slogan is).

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Anonymous

Re: To All Americans Who Hate America [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1115545 - 12/05/02 09:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>I agree that "America isn't all that bad", and I think this thread should have been called "To All Americans Who have Criticisms of America".

But if you constructively criticize America, you are excersizing your guaranteed right to free speech. This post was directed to the idiots who constantly bitch but don't do a goddamned thing to imporve this country. Nevertheless, I am finding the replies here very interesting.

>I just think it's not unpatriotic to point out things that could be improved on, because if we keep pretending "everything's just perfect", things could get worse.

A patriot is "one who loves, supports, and defends one's country," not one who blindly follow's one's government. That would be nationalism. You are 100% correct.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: To All Americans Who Hate America [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #1115940 - 12/05/02 11:35 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

When people earn a certain amount of money, it is usually correlated to the effort and talent..

As Marlon Brando said to Val Kilmer:

"Never confuse the size of your paycheque with the size of your talent"

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

Re: To All Americans Who Hate America [Re: htownkid28]
    #1116283 - 12/06/02 02:18 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"the difference between bush and bin laden is bin laden convinces someone to hijack a plane full of civillians and crash it into a building full of thousands of innocent civillians. i mean, exactly what nation is he declaring war for anyway? bush uses his military to go after military targets and soldiers. i can't remember the last time we hijacked a plane and crashed it into a building full of innocent bystanders. can someone refresh my memory?"

I personally don't consider the death of someone in the military more acceptable than the death of someone not in the military.
Innocence is a subjective term.....
I'm not saying Bush is as "bad" as bin Laden or anything (I think there's a tremendous difference), I just think you're off for criticizing bin Laden for not crashing the planes himself. Leaders lead. Soldiers die in the trenches....

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: To All Americans Who Hate America [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1116563 - 12/06/02 08:44 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I agree that "America isn't all that bad", and I think this thread should have been called "To All Americans Who have Criticisms of America".

I just think it's not unpatriotic to point out things that could be improved on, because if we keep pretending "everything's just perfect", things could get worse.

A democracy is healthy when it is full of informed people who question.
criticize, and yes, even complain. But, most of the people I see that "bash"
America on this board, offer up viciously mean attacks on this country
and its citizens(ironically, they are usually American citizens themselves).
Their arguments never seem to be well constructed or supported by
evidence.

RandalFlagg

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: To All Americans Who Hate America [Re: Xlea321]
    #1116569 - 12/06/02 08:47 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

When people earn a certain amount of money, it is usually correlated to the effort and talent..

As Marlon Brando said to Val Kilmer:

"Never confuse the size of your paycheque with the size of your talent"

When someone earns money, it is because someone else willingly gives it to them.

RandalFlagg

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: To All Humans Who Love America [Re: htownkid28]
    #1116857 - 12/06/02 10:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"and yet we have the best athletes in the world."

That's debatable.

"i'd like to know what they are basing their findings on. i know that they did a study in the states saying that houston was the fattest city in america and it was due mainly in part to the fact that we had the most fast food resteraunts per sq. mile or something. which doesn't really mean that the people are fat. "

There's lots of hard science to back this one up. The US has an obesity rate of something like 20% right now, and it's on the rise. I don't really know the rates for european countries, but they're definately a lot lower.

I remember one of the strangest things I noticed about Paris when I visited there was that EVERYONE was thin. The only fat people I could find were American tourists.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: To All Humans Who Love America [Re: Phluck]
    #1116870 - 12/06/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1116889 - 12/06/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I remember one of the strangest things I noticed about Paris when I visited there was that EVERYONE was thin. The only fat people I could find were American tourists.

My wife is from The Netherlands, one year when my son was about 3 or 4 he was visting with her and they were with his grand parents. They went to an amusement park and my son had someting to ask his grandmother, "Oma, why don't they let any fat people in here?" Having been to Disneyland in California, he noticed a marked difference in the bodies of people at the Dutch amusement park.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: To All Humans Who Love America [Re: Evolving]
    #1117110 - 12/06/02 12:06 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Americans are fat fucks. I have been all over the US and all over Europe and verdict is that Americans are fat. I think it is symbolic of our wealth as well.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: To All Humans Who Love America [Re: Buddha5254]
    #1117144 - 12/06/02 12:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Your poor people are fatter than your rich folks. That's fucked right up.

--------------------

InvisibleShaw

Re: To All Americans Who Hate America [Re: Anonymous]
    #1117203 - 12/06/02 12:49 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No matter where you go, your not going to be free from america. It opresses most of the rest of the world. I dislike america for what it does to the rest of the world. How could i make a difference from some, american made trash pile in Peru?

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1117215 - 12/06/02 12:54 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think that coorlates with the fact that fast food has become bigger in fat content and actual size of meals and the price of it has dropped dramatically.

I've said this before here but it was over a year ago: A friend visited the states and was absolutley blown away by how many fat people there were. He saw familys of fat people marching down the street and bus drivers,cabbies that were 300lbs +. I think he was in San francisco. Another friend on a baseball tournement in South Carolina was surprised by the attitude of the hosts there who had a pyramid of "moon pies" waiting for them on their arrival and telling them to eat em up.
I laugheed at that and joked " You'll get no desert till you finish your moon pie".

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Offlinehtownkid28
pimpin' ain'teasy

Loc: in hell! aahhh!!!!!
    #1117286 - 12/06/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"That's debatable."

well, we can simply look at the latest olympic games results, since those are international competitions. if you combine the medal totals from the 2000 summer games and the 2002 winter games the US has a total of 49 gold medals which is better than any other country. :smirk:

"There's lots of hard science to back this one up. The US has an obesity rate of something like 20% right now, and it's on the rise. I don't really know the rates for european countries, but they're definately a lot lower."

i checked out that link you provided and it says that the information was gathered from phone polls. i don't know about you but i don't think that is the most scientific way to do a study. you never know who you have on the other end of a telephone and whether or not they are being honest. until they bring every citizen in for a physical i'm not buying it. plus, what is their critirea for someone being obese? are they going by height or actual body fat percentage? i know that when i was in the military they went by your height and if you were say 6'2" then you could not way more than 195 lbs. i knew lots of guys who worked out that were easily over that but you wouldn't call them obese. sounds like a pretty sketchy study to me.

"I remember one of the strangest things I noticed about Paris when I visited there was that EVERYONE was thin. The only fat people I could find were American tourists."

i've never been to paris but i have travelled the world extensively and have seen no real difference myself. i've seen just as many overweight people over there as i've seen here. course it's not like i sit around and keep track of how many fat people there are in whatever particular country i might be visiting at the time. that's usually not one of my priorities when travelling. let's see go to rome, see the coloseum, see the ruins, take inventory of fat people,.... :wink:

--------------------
"in your pockets with red hot rockets!"

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#1117424 - 12/06/02 01:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

A) the olympics are stupid
B) the success of the US in the recent winter games was odd because they usually don't do so well
C) having some good athletes doesn't mean your country is not full of fat fucks

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Offlinehtownkid28
pimpin' ain'teasy

Loc: in hell! aahhh!!!!!
Re: To All Humans Who Love America [Re: Captain Jack]
    #1117459 - 12/06/02 01:54 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

just because you do a phone survey doesn't mean our country is full of fat fucks either.

--------------------
"in your pockets with red hot rockets!"

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1117484 - 12/06/02 02:02 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

There are dozens of other studies on this topic. Just do a search. It's something people discuss extensively. I've never heard anyone try to deny it. America is a fucking fat place.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1117486 - 12/06/02 02:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>No matter where you go, your not going to be free from america. It opresses most of the rest of the world. I dislike america for what it does to the rest of the world. How could i make a difference from some, american made trash pile in Peru?

This is the kind of stupidity my post was aimed against. You have no arguments, no examples, just shit to say.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #1117487 - 12/06/02 02:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I dunno about you guys, but those thick American women turn me on...

http://www.fatfantasies.com/tour1.php?p=0&DATA=Fz%2BEYPXx6fMFQqvBlsOWkUlNRaKH09qp&a=98778

Yum,

RandalFlagg

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom