Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: American Terrorism and the Drug War [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1526856 - 05/07/03 05:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

think the first drug laws were put into place for good reasons. I mean, Cocaine in many many OTC remedies was getting people hooked, Codeine and morphine were being given to babies to help them sleep, etc. As time went on, there got to be the mindset among those who make the laws that ANY drug must be bad.

addiction rate of cocain and heroin in the USA expressed as a percentage of the population

1900 when both cocain and opium were avalable over the counter
1.3% of the population was addicted

In 1970 before the war on drugs began
1.3% of the population was addicted

In 2002
1.3% of the population was addicted.

i'm sure today these numbers do not faulter

I leard this fact at the last telluride mushroom fest, from a federal judge who was a guest speaker. i can't remeber his name. He was one of 30 federal judges who has publically refused to try drug cases because of how stupid the war on drugs is.

The war on terror is certainly just an extension of the war on drugs. Fill people with fear, and exploit those people while their scared stupid.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: American Terrorism and the Drug War [Re: Grav]
    #1527648 - 05/07/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think that, in a eutopian society (why isn't it "an eutopian society", btw) every substance would be legal. They would be sold by the government, and must adhere to strict purity guidelines. The profits from the sale would go to education. If a person is educated on the dangers of a drug, educated on how to use it properly, and makes the informed decision to do so, then that is their educated choice, and the government should have no desire to cease that. If the government ran clinincs for those who truely were addicted, instead of prisons for recreational users who are contributing members of society, we'd be alot better off. I'd definatly like tosee my tax dollars (and my drug dollars) funding programs like that, and having REAL drug education for our children, rather than "Drugs are bad, mm'kay".

Just my $.02 worth
Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: American Terrorism and the Drug War [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1527667 - 05/07/03 01:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Good post!

Although....
the miseducation of drugs is much worse than saying they're bad, and is a shame to any educated member of the human race. I myself was poisoned by the marijuana propoganda, and would never have tried a joint, had i not discovered a family member used. I will be thankfull for the rest of my life.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: American Terrorism and the Drug War [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1527677 - 05/07/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Your avator kicks as Azmo :-)

I think that children are taught how "evil" marijuana and heroin and cocaine are, and they get the perception that they are all lumped together. They are all "equally bad", then they get high on pot and are like "well, this isn't that bad, maybe heroin isn't either". Misinformation in this case is WAY worse than the truth, and, if the marijuana as gateway drug theory is correct, it's correct in part because of the misinformation thats spread about it.

Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1527684 - 05/07/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Heh, as for the war on terror being the same as the war on drugs, a big joint didn't crash into NY and DC and kill people, terrorists did :smile:  However, we have to preserve our freedoms even at the cost of more terrorism.  Thats why we go to other nations and trample their countries :wink:
Jr

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1527689 - 05/07/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

wow, I was just thinking how cool it would be to have a joint the size of a 747  I bet all of the shroomery could toke on that bitch for a week :smile:

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1527745 - 05/07/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Your avator kicks as Azmo :-)

Heavenly Blue designed it and was nice enough to lend it to me.  That person did lots of other artworks...all of which were fabulous! :grin:

Quote:

I think that children are taught how "evil" marijuana and heroin and cocaine are, and they get the perception that they are all lumped together.  They are all "equally bad", then they get high on pot and are like "well, this isn't that bad, maybe heroin isn't either".  Misinformation in this case is WAY worse than the truth, and, if the marijuana as gateway drug theory is correct, it's correct in part because of the misinformation thats spread about it.

Jr 

Johnny, you hit the nail on the head.  When i found out my dad smoked pot, i had the urge (never before, and i had it offered numerous times) to try it.  Eventually i did, and it developed into a weekly event.  Soon i was curious in other entheogens, but without proper information or mindset i used LSD, and to some extent mushrooms.  I figured it out, but during this time was tempted to coke, heroin, and the whole junkie lifestyle....i never tried, but the calling was there.  Now im educating myself on entheogens and spiritual use, have meditated and have come to a point where i am ready to truly explore my concsiousness and walk the spiritual path. (damn hard living in a city :tongue:)

But anyway, the misinformation could have led me down a poor path, and im amazed it didn't.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale