Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJagon
store clerk

Loc: India
Jesus sucks American Cock
    #1722759 - 07/16/03 09:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Has anybody noticed how weird these right wing christians are getting? like today on some religious show they were talking about how America was founded on the morals and teachings of Jesus, so when anybody says they dont like America they really saying they hate Jesus, You dont hate jesus do you?.... but anyways, it just seems that these "tyrannical empire" civilizations always have to cling on to wacky beliefs to justify all the stupid shit they do. Like egypt worshiped sun gods and phoros, Rome worshipped a bunch of gay athletic gods and now America has there fucking crucifix. And also on that same show the preacher was asking for his viewers to pray to the United States Supreme court to get rid of all those who oppose the war on Iraq, at that point I started to smear my feces on the t.v.
:evil: :tongue: :mad: :shocked: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :wtf: :noway:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Jesus sucks American Cock [Re: Jagon]
    #1723076 - 07/16/03 11:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. The religous right goes too far. I think the preacher you're talking about is Pat Robertson... Greg Palast writes about that phony in his book "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy" which I highly recommend. He started the Christian Coalition and has a couple million people believing he's some kind of prophet. He's such a bastard. He had some deal called "Operation Blessing" in which many people donated to him so he could fly a bunch of airplanes to Congo for food relief. It turned out only one airplane had relief, and the rest had mining equipment. Congo is rich in diamonds, and an eyewitness on the plane states that Pat Robertson asked everyone to "pray for diamonds." How anybody can believe someone like this can just talk to God on command and give him money is beyond me.

And if there is a god, according to Pat Robertson he's definitely a Republican.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Anonymous

#1723202 - 07/16/03 11:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

the religious right is made up of the most worthless of the worthless, the elite retards of our society.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Jesus sucks American Cock [Re: ]
    #1723340 - 07/17/03 12:29 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Amen!

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1723505 - 07/17/03 01:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

How dare you say Jesus sucks cock. The man is a master at cunniligist (sp?). No one eats snatch better than the son of god.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1723745 - 07/17/03 02:49 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ouch.

The people that you are talking about.. Like Pat Robertson are so off the mark of the actual teachings of Jesus.  So, dont lump them together. 

Infact.. on the diamond story... Pat or Jerry, I cant remember which.. owns a good chunk of diamond mines in Africa, another reason that GWB is compelled to visit and make peace. FSTV just did a great documentary on the whole thing.

The saddest thing about the christian coalition and extreme right is that they dont follow the teachings of the bible.. they just distort them.  Which of course makes people who havent taken the time to try to figure out the true teachings for themselves totally turn off to the idea of christianity. There is corruptness in everything infact if you study the letters to the churches in Revelations, in  the letter to Laocidea the evangelical psuedochristian right is actually forecasted.  A little biblical theology for you :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTomJoad
Goddamn Red
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Jesus sucks American Cock [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1723774 - 07/17/03 03:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i think jesus seems like a pretty cool guy, from what i hear. helpin poor folks and what not, then some fuckers do a whole buncha bullshit for a coupla thousand years and say they're doing it for him and start turning him into some bullshit evil warlord. I believe that jesus probably did exist, though the son of god part i can't comment on, since i don't really know how i feel about the existence of "god", but regardless, if jesus did exist, from what i've heard he was a pretty alright guy, and i've heard that he went to india during that time when the bible doesn't know what he was up to. certainly some of his teachings seem somewhat buddhist, if you will. I don't know a lot about the bible, but i hear jesus is all about love and turning the other cheek, which are some pretty right on ideas. If somebody smites you, it's most likely cause they "don't know no better", and they really oughta be pitied for being retards and smiting you in the first place. In conclusion, i think jesus is an alright guy, at least the mythological figure that i think of when i think of jesus, tho i'm sure he had his flaws... he's a master of nonviolent resistence tho, and was killed by the romans cause they were scared of him cause he was too damn nice. Whether or not he "died for our sins", which seems a bit out there to me, if he thought he was doing so, that's a pretty big favor too. After all, as my mom always said, "it's the thought that counts." The guys who really suck american cock are falwell and robertson and their buddies... now don't get me wrong, i'm not a christian and won't even admit to defending christianity, it's just jesus seems like a cool guy, as i've already stated, so i thought i'd share my feelings on the subject

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1723877 - 07/17/03 04:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Is Pat Robertson a Terrorist?

Based on the things he has said in the past, I would say "absolutely!"  :oogle: 

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1723884 - 07/17/03 04:16 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness"

-Timothy 6:10

Pat Robertson's Business Practices

Pat Robertson is a wealthy man. An extremely wealthy man-some estimates put his net worth at 140 million. He lives on the top of a Virginia mountain, in a huge mansion with a private airstrip. He owns the Ice Capades, a small hotel, diamond mines, and until recently, International Family Entertainment, parent company of the Family Channel. How does a televangelist, who is supposedly involved in non-profit work, manage to create such a fortune for himself? Apparently, between dealing with murderous dictators and ripping off senior citizens, its not that hard.

Pat the Media Mogul

The Pat Robertson success story starts with the Family Channel. He started it in 1977, using money donated to his Christian Broadcasting Network, in order to increase viewership potential of the 700 Club, and filled the rest of the time with cheesy old TV shows. The popularity of the channel soon grew, and it began to turn large profits by 1989, meaning that it could no longer legally be a part of the non-profit CBN. So what does Robertson decide to do? He partners up with TCI, and arranges for CBN to sell the Family Channel to himself and his son (Tim Robertson) for next to nothing. He then took the company public in 1992, with the stock sales making him a wealthy man, to the tune of 90 million dollars. In other words, he took money that people had donated to CBN for the purpose of spreading Christianity, and used it to build himself a media empire. Recently, Pat sold off the Family Channel to Mr.-Anti-Family-Values himself, Rupert Murdoch, the man behind "Melrose Place" and "Married...With Children." Of course, this sale increased his fortune even more. Is all of this legal? Barely. Ethical? Hardly. Something you would expect from a true man of God? Most definitely not. Pat could have sold the Family Channel to someone else, and returned the profits to CBN, seeing as it was CBN donor money that started it in the first place, but he chose the road to massive personal gain.

Pat the Scam Artist

With his ill-gained fortune now in place, Pat experimented with a number of new businesses, the most interesting among them being American Benefits Plus/Kalo Vita. This was a multi-level marketing scheme along the lines of Amway and Avon. Here, Robertson recruited people across the country (starting in '91-'92), as many as 20,000 people (many of them retirees) to sell coupon books. He told them in training seminars that his program was backed by the Bible, and that they could earn $15,000-$20,000 a month. Things didn't go that well with the coupon books, though, and Pat suddenly decide to change the company into Kalo Vita, and sell vitamins. Problem was, this left people with coupon books unsold, and when they tried to send the books back to AFB/Kalo Vita, they found out that they would not be refunded their money. One 76 year-old woman in in Indianapolis was stuck with $7,000 worth of unsold coupon books, and had to refinance her home. During the subsequent investigation, it was found that CBN had "loaned" money to AFB during its founding, almost 3 million dollars.

Diamond Pat

Another one of Robertson's more notorious business deals is the recently exposed diamond mine case. In this ingenious venture, Robertson saw an opportunity in the country formerly named Zaire (now the Congo) for diamond mines. The former Zaire is a country rich in natural resources, including diamonds, but these resources were thus far being plundered by its (former) dictator, the brutal Mobuto Sese Seko. Mobuto (who recently died of cancer) was one of the world's richest men, while his people lived in grinding poverty. It was often noted that he could have cured all of his country's ills by writing a personal check. Mobuto had been trying to come to the US to try to improve relations, but the State Department refused to grant him a visa, due to his lengthy human rights violations (see the Pat's Dictator Friends page for more info). In all of this, the clever Pat Robertson saw an opportunity. The two became close associates, and Mobuto allowed Pat to open diamond mines in Zaire, under the name of the African Development Company, while Pat tried to persuade the State Department to allow Mobuto entry into the US. Ultimately, it was found out that Pat had been using CBN money and equipment to aid his diamond mining operation in Zaire (see the News page for more details). A good deal for Pat, seeing as he employed people in Zaire for ridiculously low wages, and managed to use CBN's infrastructure to cut costs even more.

Ultimately, one is struck by the constant use of non-profit, donor money used to fund Pat's schemes, and the total lack of ethics that this man has. Anyone thinking about sending money to CBN to "promote the gospel" should definitely take note; chances are that your money will end up being used to increase the fortune of one Marion "Pat" Robertson instead. For even more information on Pat's business practices, I encourage you to check out Rob Boston's book entitled "The Most Dangerous Man in America? Pat Robertson and the Rise of the Christian Coalition," from which some of my information comes.

Pat's Mass-Murdering Friends

That's right, even Pat Robertson has friends. Three of them include the now-deceased dictator of Zaire Mobutu Sese Seko (also known as the Great Leopard), Jorge Serrano, former dictator of Guatemala, and Frederick Chiluba, the ruler of Zambia.

Mobutu was a sadistic, murderous, dictator who kept his country's people in poverty while he became one the richest men in the world. He could have cured all of his nation's ills with a personal check. Under his rule, Zaire was a country with very little personal freedom; public demonstrations were illegal, journalists were murdered by the state, and most religious groups were banned. The US State Department banned Mobutu from the country after he applied for a visa to come to Washington and improve his image.

Why would Pat support such a man? In a word, money. Zaire is a resource-rich country, and Pat saw an opportunity to partner with Mobutu to start a diamond mining operation. Pat started a company called the African Development Company, and began shipping diamond mining equipment to Zaire using the non-profit CBN's Operation Blessing aircraft. Check out the news page for more on this. Meanwhile, he also tried to get the State Department to lift the ban on Mobutu's visa. Many people tried to get Robertson to stop his support of Mobutu, but he refused. Instead, he became very friendly with Mobutu; at one point, he flew to Zaire on Mobutu's jet, took in a cruise on his yacht, and dined at the presidential mansion. Fortunately enough, the ADC was a failure, and Mobutu is now dead after being deposed by a rebellion.

Jorge Serrano was president of Guatemala, the protege of dictator General Rios Montt. In The New World Order, Robertson had this to say about Serrano: "Serrano continues the enlightened leadership of his patron, former President Rios Montt, who insisted on honesty in government and then had every key official sign a pledge that read, "I will not steal; I will not lie; I will not abuse." Contrast this to what Amnesty International had to say about Rios Montt's "enlightened leadership: In just the four months of Gen. Rios Montt's rule, Amnesty International had documented more than 2,000 extrajudicial killings attributed to the Guatemalan army. Furthermore, these killings were done in horrible ways: people of all ages were not only shot to death, they were burned alive, hacked to death, disemboweled, drowned, beheaded. Small children were smashed against rocks or bayoneted to death." Two months after Montt's rise to power, Catholic bishops in Guatemala stated "Numerous families have perished, vilely murdered. Not even the lives of old people, pregnant women, or innocent children were respected. Never in our national history has it come to such extremes."

The story of Frederick Chiluba is also an interesting one. The President of Zambia since 1991, he declared that Zambia would henceforth be a Christian nation. The public school system became Christian-only, despite the existence of a sizable minority of Muslims and Hindus in the country. In response to their need for education, Chiluba simply suggested that they open up their own schools. The national TV and radio stations also turned to all Christian programming. Robertson did an interview with Chiluba on the 700 Club in 1995, telling him "Your country is not only the standard for Africa but for the rest of the world." Afterward, he asked his audience "Wouldn't you love to have someone like that as President of the United States of America?"

Robertson's greed and fanaticism have led him to acquaint himself with a strange bunch. It is apparent that he will befriend anyone who can either make him some money or supports his theocratic goals. How Pat can on the one hand say that he doesn't want a theocracy, and then call a theocracy a model for the world is beyond me.

Note: Much of the information for this page came from a book by Rob Boston entitled "The Most Dangerous Man in America? Pat Robertson and the Rise of the Christian Coalition" I strongly recommend that you read this book for even more details and analysis about Pat's doings.

From: http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/7027/business.html

Pat Robertson is no one to preach. He's teaching lies. America was founded primarily by accepted masons and diests who did not hold to the principles of christianity. The very architecture of DC bears that witness. If anything, I'd say that America was founded upon the Luciferian principles of freedom.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Jesus sucks American Cock [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1723893 - 07/17/03 04:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Of course Jesus was cool.  He ate psychedelic mushrooms and Moses ate peyote!!  :mushroom2:

I got no proof of that, but hey thats what faith is for.  :rasta:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1724062 - 07/17/03 06:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1724074 - 07/17/03 07:09 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Someone should start an anti-christian television network.

I would watch it.

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Jesus sucks American Cock [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1724098 - 07/17/03 07:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

In my opinion exploitation, greed and christianity go hand in hand...

P.S An Anti-Christian TV Network would be a welcome change from the crap we have to day such as "The Present Wrapping Channel" and "The Blank Screen And Noise Network"

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1724107 - 07/17/03 07:41 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i'd probably watch for shits and giggles.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Jesus sucks American Cock [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1724118 - 07/17/03 08:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

shouldn't this shread be titled something like "bushloving biblethumpers suck"?
~
and many of the founding fathers of the united states were NOT christians, but deists, or unitarians, or agnostic/freethought types, etc...
& the first president (under the articles of confederation, before the constitution & general washington) was a lutheran (which is assuredly christian)...
read thomas paine's _the age of reason_ for some anti-christian rhetoric, heh...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1724586 - 07/17/03 01:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Someone should start an anti-christian television network.

I would watch it.

I'd like to have my own show on that network.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Jesus sucks American Cock [Re: silversoul7]
    #1724639 - 07/17/03 01:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i would watch for the comedy alone.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #1725502 - 07/17/03 06:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloKitten said:
Ouch.

The people that you are talking about.. Like Pat Robertson are so off the mark of the actual teachings of Jesus.  So, dont lump them together. 

Infact.. on the diamond story... Pat or Jerry, I cant remember which.. owns a good chunk of diamond mines in Africa, another reason that GWB is compelled to visit and make peace. FSTV just did a great documentary on the whole thing.

The saddest thing about the christian coalition and extreme right is that they dont follow the teachings of the bible.. they just distort them.  Which of course makes people who havent taken the time to try to figure out the true teachings for themselves totally turn off to the idea of christianity. There is corruptness in everything infact if you study the letters to the churches in Revelations, in  the letter to Laocidea the evangelical psuedochristian right is actually forecasted.  A little biblical theology for you :smile: 

Very true words.  While an atheist myself, I'm pretty sure that most Christians are good persons.  It just makes me sick that some Christians can be so blind as to actually believe the bullshit of a man like Robertson.  I had a classmate in high school who argued with me that she supported Bush for president because he was backed by the Christian Coalition, which was started by Robertson.  I said "Gore is a Christian too, so what?"  She said "How do you know that?"... which is already a pretty ludicrous argument, and she went on to explain that the Christian Coalition endorses a candidate for a certain set of principles.  I didn't know it at the time, but that certain set of principles is that you're the Republican.  I'm sure there are many intelligent Christians, but I think religion holds many people back from true enlightenment or knowledge, and that girl I speak of is a perfect example--very smart girl, but was raised to believe the Scripture and cast everything else down as not worthy of consideration, even after my defeating arguments.  Religion is the opiate of the masses.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineBatFly
captain obvious

Re: Jesus sucks American Cock [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1725576 - 07/17/03 07:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

america was founded by the puritans. you know the people who were SO christian that they wanted to hang anybody that wasn't. remember the witch trials anyone? they didn't COME to america, they were kicked out of their home and found america. they were kicked out cause they were too whacked out for wanting to kill anyone that wasn't of their belief. makes you wonder huh?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus sucks American Cock [Re: BatFly]
    #1725597 - 07/17/03 07:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you, captain obvious!  :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

General Interest >> Political Discussion