Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, kids
    #3183521 - 09/26/04 08:52 PM (13 years, 9 hours ago)

Video: American Apache kills 3 farmers, including a teenage boy who waved surrender to the Apache but was killed nonetheless.

Video: A large group of Iraqis attending a protest are murdered by an American Apache.

3 farmers, one of which is a teenage boy murdered by American Apache.

This video records a war crime: The Geneva Convention 3-1: 1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/lawofwar/geneva03.htm#art3

Indymedia UK comments:

This video has caused a great deal of controversy. Originally shown on ABC TV, it was first shown as an object lesson as to what happens to Iraqi Insurgents who dare show weapons before US forces. However, as time goes on, doubt has begun to surface as to whether the people shown blown to pieces with the 30mm cannon on the Apache were really insurgents, or just harmless farmers.

This is what is known about the tape. It is from the thermographic camera system of an Apache attack helicopter. The image is of heat, not of light. The time of day appears to be midmorning, based on the time display seen on the heads-up display. Military time uses a 24 hour system, there is no "PM" in military clocks.

The vehicle at the far left of the video is a farm tractor, facing away. The engine is running as is evidenced by the hot vertical exhaust tupe and the glowing undercarriage seen in the thermal image. Attached to the rear of the tractor is a plough, and the dirt in the foreground shows clear furrows.

There is a longer version of the tape (which may not play on everyone's computers) that does show one individual taking a long object or objects from his car and taking it over to the vehicle at the far right. It is assumed by those who want to justify the shooting that this object is a missile launcher assembly being discarded. However, one cannot explain why someone who had just fired off an RPG at US troops would bother to put the used launcher into his car, only to them drive someplace else and then discard it. Nor does it make sense that the man would place a weapon over there it is likely to be run over by the tractor and plough, damaging both the weapon and the plough assembly as well.

And, given that the man does not in any way point the object at the approaching helicopter, it is clear that at least he does not think it is a working weapon. Given that the object is actually longer than an RPG launcher assembly, three alternative explanations suggest themselves.

1. That the object is a bundle of long handled farm tools being taken over to where the farmers are working with the tractor.
2. That the object is a bundle of thin poles to be driven into the ground ahead of the tractor to give the tractor driver a visible guide to keep the furrows straight.
3. As suggested by a reader, that the object may be part of the plastic pipe irrigation system used in dry climate agriculture.

We can deduce several facts from the video.

From the perspective seen in the video, it is clear that the Apache helicopter is not being threatened. It is hovering, moving slowly forward, and not engaging in any evasive manoeuvres which would suggest that the individuals on the ground have threatened the apache in any way.

From the body language of the individuals on the ground, it is clear that they themselves do not feel they are doing anything which should be of concern to a US helicopter hovering nearby. In other words, they do not act like the object thrown into the field near the tractor is anything the US helicopter would object to. No sooner has the man delivered the object to the tractor than he turns and walks back to the car. At no time does he (or anyone else) act like they are trying to escape the area until the Apache opens fire.

From The Geneva Convention 3-1: 1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria

The very FIRST person gunned down was the person who had been driving the tractor. This video records a war crime. http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2004/01/284086.html

http://www.newsgateway.ca/Fallujah_video_massacre.htm

Large group of Iraqis murdered by American Apache

Unarmed Iraqis murdered by an American Apache Gunship. The justification? Aw, Dude!

Stan Goff comments: "The ?tell? is in the audio. When the pilot asks permission to fire, he reports a large number of people? not armed people. People. And permission is granted instantly. This is an indication that the mission guidance is to shoot anyone who is in the street. This is a clear war crime, and one that begins with the commander?s stated intent in the operations order. The pilot?s exclamation of satisfaction, ?Aw dude!? at the end just underlines how this casual sadism comes to dominate the psyches of those who are part of a military occupation force, and how the ground reality become ?race war.?"

Stan Goff retired as a Master Sergeant from the US Army in 1996, his last assignment being 3rd Special Forces Group. He entered military service January, 1970, and his first assignment was as an infantryman with the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vietnam. His service took him to seven more conflict areas after Vietnam, including Guatemala, Grenada, El Salvador, Peru, Colombia, Somalia, and Haiti. His assignments included 2nd Ranger Battalion, 1st Ranger Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta, 7th Special Forces, the Jungle Operations Training Center, and the US Military Academy at West Point, where he taught military science.

He is the former Organizing Director for Democracy South and is currently a freelance writer, speaker, and consultant. He is on the coordinating committee of Bring Them Home Now, a campaign of Veterans for Peace and Military Families Speak Out, both of which he is a member. He is the author of two books, one about the 1994 US military intervention in Haiti, called ?Hideous Dream: A Soldier's Memoir of the US Invasion of Haiti? (Soft Skull Press, 2000), and one about the Bush Doctrine and the military called ?Full Spectrum Disorder ? The Military in the New American Century? (Soft Skull Press, 2004).

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, k [Re: Zahid]
    #3183529 - 09/26/04 08:57 PM (13 years, 9 hours ago)

Of course you know that no American will ever be prosecuted for war crimes. We are doing the will of God.

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3183533 - 09/26/04 08:59 PM (13 years, 9 hours ago)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3183551 - 09/26/04 09:03 PM (13 years, 8 hours ago)

That was old, but still good shooting.

I wonder how many pieces they blew him into?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, k [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3183687 - 09/26/04 09:46 PM (13 years, 8 hours ago)

Not surprising, luvdemn supports the killing of innocent Iraqis.  :thumbdown:

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3183714 - 09/26/04 09:55 PM (13 years, 8 hours ago)

And you support the killing of innocent non-Muslims. What's the diff?

pinky

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, k [Re: Phred]
    #3183724 - 09/26/04 09:57 PM (13 years, 8 hours ago)

I support military actions carried out by the Mujahideen that target the enemy. I do not celebrate the deaths of innocent people.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3183736 - 09/26/04 10:00 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

Yeah you do. In a recent thread here you were rubbing your hands in glee wishing for another 9-11 style attack.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, k [Re: Phred]
    #3183744 - 09/26/04 10:02 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

9-11 didn't target civilians.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3183751 - 09/26/04 10:03 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

:what:

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, kids [Re: Zahid]
    #3183758 - 09/26/04 10:05 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

hahaahhaahahaha thats awesome! did you see that? allah the merciful and Mohammed the camel fucker protected them ! OH PRAISE BE ALLAH! PRAISE UPON PRAISE! lol... thats why you camel fuckers have NO CHANCE. One suicide bomber can't do the damage that 2 missles from an Apache can.

Dead Muslims are Funny, Amusing and burning in hell.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, kids [Re: Zahid]
    #3183763 - 09/26/04 10:06 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

lol I think I can see one of them waiving to allah! "HI there Allah, thanks for not protecting me, I guess I'll be destroyed like the swarthy sub human filth that I am for resisting my masters, white men and Jews. Oh Allah, prepare my virgins".

hahaha, dead muslims are great.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3183764 - 09/26/04 10:06 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

9-11 didn't target civilians.

Oh really? What about the innocents on the planes? Or the people
who were working at their jobs in the WTC towers? Those people
didn't work for the government. The Pentagon strike is the only
one that didn't target civilians(if you don't count the civilians
who were on the plane).

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, k [Re: ]
    #3183766 - 09/26/04 10:06 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
:what:

9-11 attack was a strategic operation against America's economic and military back bone.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, k [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3183769 - 09/26/04 10:07 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

Collateral damage. The intent was to damage America's economy. It is too bad alot of people died though.

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3183770 - 09/26/04 10:07 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

I think that us White Folk have already decided how to deal with Arabs. Does the phrase that Zahid quoted "Kill 'em all, let god sort them out" ring a bell.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, k [Re: retread]
    #3183774 - 09/26/04 10:08 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

Yes, the Crusaders actually invented that saying when they couldn't sort out the Arab Christians from the Arab Muslims.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3183785 - 09/26/04 10:11 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

You're almost as good as some other posters here at avoiding questions.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Americans murder Iraqi civilians: protesters, farmers, k [Re: ]
    #3183798 - 09/26/04 10:14 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

Yea, like how people support this illegal war and turn a blind eye to incidents like this when innocent Iraqis are murdered.

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3183828 - 09/26/04 10:23 PM (13 years, 7 hours ago)

Yea, wel, I think it's basicallythe USA saying "Fuck muslims". *shrug*
Fuck you, muslim.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: pH Test Strips

General Interest >> Political Discussion