Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Unreported cost of war: 827 Americans wounded [Re: d33p]
    #1785482 - 08/06/03 05:10 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
But alex at least isreal didnt invade another country like saddam. O no wait they did. 

Ha ha, good one!  :grin: 

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Unreported cost of war: 827 Americans wounded [Re: Xlea321]
    #1786317 - 08/06/03 09:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Otherwise we would have found WMD.

Pay attention now, the inability to find something is not proof it doesn't exist.

Quote:

He didn't "bluff" anyone. There are no WMD there.

Say it with me this time.... the inability to find something is not proof it doesn't exist.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1786325 - 08/06/03 09:27 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Anyone with no ax to grind realizes he, and he alone, was responsible.

Don't be silly. Israel has broken scores of UN resolutions. No sanctions have yet been enforced. You talk as tho imposing sanctions is normal procedure.

Israel is not the subject here.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #1786330 - 08/06/03 09:29 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Alex you always seem to try to use simple logic in your defense so i gave you some. When a ceasefire is broken it means no more ceasefire ie firing. And since america didnt attack iraq with 100% un backing i dont know why you brought of un charters. And if i had my way saddam would have been taken out in 91 and we wouldnt even be argueing about this now.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: Unreported cost of war: 827 Americans wounded [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1786764 - 08/07/03 12:07 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
had he not invaded Kuwait, there would have been no sanctions.
Anyone with no ax to grind realizes he, and he alone, was responsible.

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Don't be silly. Israel has broken scores of UN resolutions. No sanctions have yet been enforced. You talk as tho imposing sanctions is normal procedure.

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Israel is not the subject here.

I think Alex made a great point here. Why is it ok to impose sanctions that kill hundreds of thousands on Iraq for UN resolution violations, while Israel gets special US protection for doing the same thing? That's extremely wrong in my opinion.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: Unreported cost of war: 827 Americans wounded [Re: Cornholio]
    #1786776 - 08/07/03 12:12 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

By the way, no one's commented on Osama's letter to the US above. It seems surprisingly logical and well written to me. Although I think terrorism is almost always wrong, does anyone disagree with his reasoning?

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #1786994 - 08/07/03 01:23 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Frankly, I've been afraid to do so. But I read the whole thing, and saved it for future reference.

Honestly, I think if you removed his name from it and posted it as "A Letter From the Arab World to the United States", then people would likely concede that he has a few excellent points. It was concise, extremely well written and rationalized. While I obviously don't agree with his methods, there is something to be said for his arguments, to be certain.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Unreported cost of war: 827 Americans wounded [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1787049 - 08/07/03 01:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Pay attention now, the inability to find something is not proof it doesn't exist.

So you simply believe anything anyone says with absolutely no supporting evidence? If someone says "I believe there's an invisible little green man from mars behind you", do you believe them because you can't prove he doesn't exist?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Unreported cost of war: 827 Americans wounded [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1787054 - 08/07/03 01:43 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GernBlanston said:
he has a few excellent points. It was concise, extremely well written and rationalized. While I obviously don't agree with his methods, there is something to be said for his arguments, to be certain.

I completely agree.

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Unreported cost of war: 827 Americans wounded [Re: d33p]
    #1787056 - 08/07/03 01:44 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

When a ceasefire is broken it means no more ceasefire ie firing. And since america didnt attack iraq with 100% un backing i dont know why you brought of un charters

Are you just making this up as you go along? Read up on how the Gulf war was ended. Pay particular attention to something called UN resolution 687.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1787387 - 08/07/03 05:09 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

So you simply believe anything anyone says with absolutely no supporting evidence? If someone says "I believe there's an invisible little green man from mars behind you", do you believe them because you can't prove he doesn't exist?

Obviously the answer is no, which is why I say I don't know if the weapons are there or not. Until one is found, I don't automatically believe there is one. However, how can the possibility be dismissed? I can doubt they'll find one, just as you can doubt they'll find WMD's, however it would be a fool who decides that something doesn't exist merely because it's not seen, or found.

Especially in the case of WMD's because they are known to have existed at one point.

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1787451 - 08/07/03 06:14 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

By the way, no one's commented on Osama's letter to the US above. It seems surprisingly logical and well written to me. Although I think terrorism is almost always wrong, does anyone disagree with his reasoning?

His reasoning seems to rely very heavily on reducing people to members of the groups he implicitly defines: Us and Them. Muslims and Everyone Else. And whenever something bad happens to Muslims, the blame is placed on Everyone Else, who are of course responsible as a collective.

Apart from that, his reasoning is very straightforward and even simplistic, like in all good propaganda.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: Unreported cost of war: 827 Americans wounded [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1788317 - 08/07/03 02:11 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rhizoid said:
His reasoning seems to rely very heavily on reducing people to members of the groups he implicitly defines: Us and Them. Muslims and Everyone Else. And whenever something bad happens to Muslims, the blame is placed on Everyone Else, who are of course responsible as a collective.

Apart from that, his reasoning is very straightforward and even simplistic, like in all good propaganda.

The "us" is indeed all Muslims; but it seems that Muslims from one country are a lot more united with Muslims from another country, than say Christians from one country are united with Christians from another country, so this is understandable.  The "them" is NOT everyone else, but rather just the United States and Israel.  And he goes through great pains to explain why he lumps US civilians in the same category as the US Government (basically because "the people" have the power to choose their Government).  In doing so, he demonstrates that he knows a lot more about our own Government than our average citizen.

Again, as has been already stated, I'm NOT suggesting that what Bin Laden did was right.  What I'm saying is that he had some very well thought out, rationalized reasons.  As a matter of fact, you accused his letter of being "straightforward and even simplistic like all good propoganda".  Now compare his letter to the reasons Bush gave for the attacks:  "because we stand for freedom and democracy".  Who's the one spouting simplistic propoganda???  :tongue: 

--------------------

Edited by Cornholio (08/07/03 04:41 PM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #1788799 - 08/07/03 04:03 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Actually i am making this up as i go along just to piss you off :smile:

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion