Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Life-After-Death: The Conclusion
    #4187598 - 05/17/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

When I die, I will no longer play my keyboards, post on the shroomery, make love to my girlfriend, play racquetball, will no longer inhabit this male human frame; yet some part of "me" that "I" am unaware of continues, so what? Either way (soul or no soul) "I", the way I define myself, will certainly no longer exist.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: Swami]
    #4187610 - 05/17/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"I" think you will be happier when you are no longer playing racket ball.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4187720 - 05/17/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There is the third kind of beliefs which would say that "I" in my current form continue to exist after death and am fully aware of my own existence

Such beliefs can be backed up with those cases when the brain no longer works (almost no electricity in it) and still a man can experience as if fully awake

Of course there are ways to explain such a phenomenon other than with conclusion that "I" exists without his body, but such phenomenon is enough to form such a theory, or if you don't like the word used in such cases, a belief

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4187803 - 05/17/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Here is the "so what" for me.

I enjoy life, I enjoy creating and being and movement and music and laughter yada yada. To know for myself that it will continue on after I my physical body dies helps to alleviate fears of physical death.

I do not want to die and I do not want to live in fear of it either. People who live in fear of physical death are by far the easiest to control and manipulate.

I want to be able to say to someone out to bend me over to their will against my own, "Fuck you! You'll have to kill me first".

If I am living in fear of death allowing myself to be manipulated, I am not enjoying life.

If I decide to no longer enjoy or appreciate life and give up all my dreams of what I can yet create, realise and enjoy in this life just to not have to fear death then, I am already dead or what I call the living dead.

Knowing I can be in the joy I have known here and beyond this life just adds quality and power to my now.

If I am wrong, I have not lost a thing but gained a ton.

A difference between myself and many who believe that life goes on after physical death is that I do not live in fear of some judgment or judge/god nor do I live for reward in the life beyond this nor do I live in fear of punishment in the life beyond this.

That to me would be living under manipulation and as good as being the living dead.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4187863 - 05/17/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I do not live in fear of some judgment or judge/god nor do I live for reward in the life beyond this nor do I live in fear of punishment in the life beyond this.
That to me would be living under manipulation and as good as being the living dead.

:thumbup:
Living in fear of death would be comparable to living in fear of the consequences of a life after death....  Both are fear....    Both have no place in self manifested and/or unconditional happiness/joy/love/peace....  :heart:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4187883 - 05/17/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Amen, Jiggy.  :grin:

I KNOW there is no proof for life-after-death.  But I choose to believe, for various reasons, that there IS life after death, just in a different form and with different purposes than those which we pursued here.

No, I will not still be this physical entity who does all these humanly things.  I am enjoying my life immensely and don't want it to stop.  But I'm also not afraid of dying. 

And if I turn out to be wrong, oh well.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

DivineeMotive....

Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: Frog]
    #4187901 - 05/17/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I actually look forward to my death, just to know what it is like....!  I don't wanna~ stop living, but I am still curious....  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4187911 - 05/17/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

When I die...

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

DivineeMotive....

Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: Gomp]
    #4187927 - 05/17/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:heartpump::sun::heartpump:

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #4188077 - 05/17/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Which makes "me" think that "this" doesnt matter at all! Cause when you die, all this will be meaningless. And whatever you were, will be absorbed into the historical mainframe of other peoples conciousness.

Whatever is left of "you" will traverse if at all! into some other form, and that will become of something completely unrecognizable from what you were. and that will be that.

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4188185 - 05/17/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I also believe I or the Ego or the personality of each and every one will does cease to exist at the time of death. I also think most ancient and modern New Age beliefs of the eternal blissful afterlife are nothing but delusions that are based on the fear of death.

It takes courage to drop the wishful thinking of the life after death and accept the very real possibility of dying for real and forever.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

DivineeMotive....

Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4188295 - 05/17/05 06:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

redtailedhawk said:
I also believe I or the Ego or the personality of each and every one will does cease to exist at the time of death. I also think most ancient and modern New Age beliefs of the eternal blissful afterlife are nothing but delusions that are based on the fear of death. 
It takes courage to drop the wishful thinking of the life after death and accept the very real possibility of dying for real and forever.

I don't "know" of anything to expect, but I believe that physical death is only a transition to the next "step" of being - "The spirit carries on"....   
I already live in a blissful state of life's existance, and I certainly was never expecting that....    :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4188308 - 05/17/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Right! I does take courge to admit one doesn't know.  :thumbup:

Still, maybe not everyone who speculates on an afterlife does so out of fear. I'll bet they don't spend alot of time on it though. Too busy living.  :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: Icelander]
    #4188370 - 05/17/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Still, maybe not everyone who speculates on an afterlife does so out of fear. I'll bet they don't spend alot of time on it though. Too busy living.  :heart: :mushroom2:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: Icelander]
    #4188424 - 05/17/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

we are all living even when we think about death and no longer 'being'

think about it a little bit and you may begin to appreciate everything. we won't be here to eperience forever and that's just reality.  one day you will not see your family, friends, or the world...so appreciate everyday you see them.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4188450 - 05/17/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed. I think that what we think of as the "soul"(that which continues on after death) is simply consciousness, not personality. Personality, thought, memory...all these things have been conclusively tied to specific functions of the brain. Consciousness seems to be the one thing they can't pinpoint(not that they never will, but I think it's at least a good possibility that it does not come from the brain).

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: kaiowas]
    #4188467 - 05/17/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:

think about it a little bit and you may begin to appreciate everything. we won't be here to eperience forever and that's just reality. one day you will not see your family, friends, or the world...so appreciate everyday you see them.

I appreciate this life and what the world contains, but I don't need to appreciate it more especially because I will die some day because I don't believe that when I die, or when a loved one dies, that I will never see them again. I believe that I will see them, just in different form.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: Frog]
    #4188485 - 05/17/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Quote:

kaiowas said:

think about it a little bit and you may begin to appreciate everything. we won't be here to eperience forever and that's just reality.  one day you will not see your family, friends, or the world...so appreciate everyday you see them.

I appreciate this life and what the world contains, but I don't need to appreciate it more especially because I will die some day because I don't believe that when I die, or when a loved one dies, that I will never see them again.  I believe that I will see them, just in different form.

true..but i never said you have to :wink: 

I guess I say this because I was in one of those life or death situations (or so I thought at the time) and after that experience I had a totally different perspective on everyday living.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

DivineeMotive....

Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: Silversoul]
    #4188490 - 05/17/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Consciousness seems to be the one thing they can't pinpoint(not that they never will, but I think it's at least a good possibility that it does not come from the brain).

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Life-After-Death: The Conclusion [Re: kaiowas]
    #4188613 - 05/17/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
true..but i never said you have to :wink: 

I guess I say this because I was in one of those life or death situations (or so I thought at the time) and after that experience I had a totally different perspective on everyday living.

I understand your point now.  It's a good one.  I suppose if I experienced an event where a loved one almost died, I would appreciate ALL my loved ones on a daily basis.  I have been fortunate so far.  :heart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom