Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

A little chunk of truth about life after death.
    #2989225 - 08/11/04 02:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Something that really irks me is people talking out thier ass thinking they know something when the information they believe in is just shit they've been told.  Fuck that.  It just hampers progress.

An example is the Idea of heaven; It simply doesn't exsist the way the Bible describes it.  Anyone who has seen a ghost knows that (some) spirits stay attached to Earth (for a period of time at least).  If there is a realm where spirits go and congregate, it is believable.  However the Bible is not that accurate.

Example: I told my mother I saw my dead step, John's ghost and she told me it was completely unbiblical and assured me (with intensity and furvor) that John was a Christian and in heaven.  Also that spirits can't come back to Earth and some other insignificant bullshit.

I was thinking to myself, you aren't the person who had the experiance and I wasn't alone in sencing the spirit.  How the hell can you tell me what is real and fake.  A little fragment of insight into the afterlife is ignored once again and pushed into obscurity.

Well, I have experianced somethign and I want to share it.

So, here is my experiance:

I posted this here originally

I believe in life after death simply because of experiance.

I have seen a ghost before and it acted out on the physical world by slamming a door. Also the dog went nuts and one of my friends freaked out saying that she felt a ghost. I informed her that she felt it, and it was indeed real because I really saw it.

It was like a line of stars (centers of light) tracing the shape of a standing human and it travelled from one foot (the left foot) all the way up around the head to the other. He was angry because my friend disrespected a Jesus poster that was in his room while we were cleaning it. The door slammed and I saw the ghost as soon as my friend did that.

The identity of the ghost actually was of my (recently at the time) dead step dad and it was just as tall as him, so obviously, you take alot of who you are with you to the other side. It had showed me no identity of itself, but the reaction was quite obviously what John would have felt, him being an evangelist and all.  He was also angry about the slanderring of a religious poster which he truly believed in.

So, there is a definate life after death, I know it rather than have blind faith. I'm not being preachy or anything, but this is a GENUIN account of consciousness and more {intruigingly}  EMOTION after death.

It is my open ended THEORY that when you die, you become a conscious sensing spirit with no material body (definate, I KNOW this). But what happens after that (the journey can't end).

Since I saw the shape of a body being outlined and someone else felt it, I am able to use some philosophical logic to ask questions and make arguments.

Whether or not each cell of your body has a ghost that makes up a multicellular ghost body, I don't know, but it {traced} the shape of a human body when it showed itself to me.

Now get this, if there is one ghost after a person died, there are MANY ghosts because everyone dies. In fact, there would be more ghosts than living beings at this moment and in the future. It is very possible that these spirits exsist in communities and stay attached to the same groups of spirits they belonged to in life.

The stuff in brackets and Italics was editted in.  Please, ask questions.  I'll be more than willing to answer.  Please don't ask me to give scientific experimentation type proof, I cannot prove this scientifically (yet).  I only know this was my experiance and the feeling of the presence was totally shared by me and a girl, although she didn't see it.

Also, my friend T witnessed everything and didn't think the door slamming out of nowhere was anything.  I guess some people got it and some people don't.  There were three differant degrees of sencory displayed in this event.

-I SAW and felt the spirit, I felt it's anger.  It was very strange.

-My friend felt it and described a tingly feeling.  She freaked out as the spectre appeared to me because she was aware of it.  She also made the anger connection with the door slamming and poster slanderring.  (I knew all of this already, as I saw and vividly felt this experiance.  She was sharp enough though.  I am sure if the ghost was her step father she would see it and I would feel it instead).

-My other friend was bluntly ignorant about what was going on and disregarded the door slamming as just wind.  I don't know if he senced the ghost and didn't realize it or what.

So, alot of philosophical thought could be constructively used to pry into this experience of mine and dig out some golden nuggets of "spiritual" knowledge.

I have no reason to make this up so don't even start wasting my time.  If you think I made this up, why would I spend so long tying it.  If you challenge what I have to say, please feel free, though I don't know how you will challenge it

Now I'm gonna let you guys reflect and poke around this article.  I'd like to read what you guys think.  Please, bring on the theories, but know this:  I'm not looking for fluff, I'm looking for real ideas based on facts and real experiances people have had (it's even better if it's shared with someone). :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: A little chunk of truth about life after death. [Re: MAGnum]
    #2989238 - 08/11/04 02:49 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You are going to be met with harsh skepticism by some.

Ignore it, for you are the only one with the memory of the experience. You as well will start to become skeptical of this occurrence over time, but don't forget what it showed you :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#2989254 - 08/11/04 02:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

so now you know there is life after death, what are you gonna do about it? how will this knowledge change your life?

you should try and repeat the experience, set up cameras, etc and yell obceneties at the jesus poster ( try - "lick my balls, jesus"). see if you can film doors slamming and other ghostly phenomena.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: A little chunk of truth about life after death. [Re: mr crisper]
    #2989258 - 08/11/04 02:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I will now eat more junk food and not worry about the consequences.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
    #2989262 - 08/11/04 02:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Think for yourself. Question authority. Think for yourself. Through out human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact, that we do not know who we are or where we come from in this ocean of chaos. It has been the authorities, the educational, the political, the religious authorities who have attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable open-mindedness, chaotic, confused, vulnerability? to inform yourself.
It has been well known since Newton that we normally perceive less than 0.5 (one half of one) of all known pulsations. Given the appropriate conditions, certain agents can be employed to enhance any aspect of mental performance, in this sense, making it more operationally effective.
You see, culture is part of the unperturbed human mind, we are all conditioned and influenced to be a part of culture. A psychedelic drug can dissolve simplicity of cultural assumption. It is perturbation of the mind and the perturbed mind is a mind in the act of rediscovering the nature that lies outside of culture. So this tension, you might call for lack of a better word, reality actually creates a mental tension and societal constriction, a sort of sub-conscious control. Hallucinogens dissolve cultural coping [with control] and hence have a political charge among them. A political mind, unperturbed, lacks a substitution for social discovery. See our evolution, I suppose, from the animal kingdom into the human kingdom it self was catalyzed or triggered by our encounter with these hallucinogens. We are an ape with a symbiotic relationship to a mushroom and that has given us self-reflection, language, religion, and all the spectrum of effects that flow from these things, and only one can wonder how these phenomenal hallucinogens might effect our future evolution as well, they have brought us to this point and as we make our relationship to the conscious we maybe able to take control of our future evolutionary path.
Psilocybin is related to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that occurs in all life and is most concentrated in states of joy or pleasure. So there is a very close structural energy between this extremely cultural, philosophical hallucinogen and a very common basis for ordinary consciousness, serotonin, what it eats.
An individual?s personality is often marked or even transformed by their experiences under the influence of these drugs. They have had an enormous impact on shaping various cultures, mentally, spiritually, and politically as well. Indeed, the whole hippy 60?s thing happened, in part, precisely because of the new ranges of conscious experience originally kick-started into existence by the mushroom. The growing second wave of psychedelic research has likewise appeared on the account of the compelling nature of the ethnogen-inspired states of consciousness. Hallucinogens complex ordinary human brain chemistry so there?s a suggestion there that manipulation of neuro-numeral compounds and neurotransmitters and those sorts of things may in fact open the door to un-tapped areas of human potentia

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: A little chunk of truth about life after death. [Re: sillysimon]
    #2989266 - 08/11/04 03:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

didn't you just post this rant on another thread?

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this
    #2989271 - 08/11/04 03:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like Leary to me :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: A little chunk of truth about life after death. [Re: sillysimon]
    #2989281 - 08/11/04 03:08 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Think for yourself. Question authority.

I question your authority to tell me to think for myself!  :mad2:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2989285 - 08/11/04 03:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mr crisper said:

I thought that was apparent, I decided to "rant" on a new thread.

-----------------------------

Update: Mr Crisper was not talking to me, he was talking to someone else.

Edited by MAGnum (08/11/04 04:32 AM)

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

MAGNUMRead! A little chunk of truth about life after death. [Re: mr crisper]
    #2989327 - 08/11/04 03:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i think our minds are minipulated by our society,but i too agree with you magnum, there are spirits clinging to earth, there is life after death, time is merely a conviction of our "reality", this life is a test no matter what anyone says, not by jesus, alah, buddah, etc. these make believe characters are just humans way of grasping the concept of a creator, the test is by the source of all life energy... we are all one mind, our god is us but something else totally at the same time. i say it like this to the people that cannot comprehend the depth i speak about, "god" is a tree, and we are its leaves... some of us wither up and die , crumble into soil, others produce beautiful flowers/acorns bearing the seed to prosper life, i believe when we die, if we are true to the world, we become that glowing ball of pure enlightenment, thats why i relate death to a psychedelic expericnce because i belive when you are tripping your dying just alittle bit, the oxygen is cut to your brain, your seritonin is eaten, you experince such a familair feeling, like oyu've been there before... that is the feeling of eternity...time is only a aspect of this physical world "we've/god" created to filter out the impure birth defects.... we are one slow moving vibration experinceing itself subjectively, life is just a dream with the imagination of our selves, peirced on with the weather/nature (the other side of god/us)... it is sometimes hard to grasp such an expansive theory because our minds have been raised between the lines and believeing the ipossble by the means of our world is ....well... impossible...
You see, culture is part of the unperturbed human mind, we are all conditioned and influenced to be a part of culture. A psychedelic drug can dissolve simplicity of cultural assumption. It is perturbation of the mind and the perturbed mind is a mind in the act of rediscovering the nature that lies outside of culture. So this tension, you might call for lack of a better word, reality actually creates a mental tension and societal constriction, a sort of sub-conscious control. Hallucinogens dissolve cultural coping [with control] and hence have a political charge among them. A political mind, unperturbed, lacks a substitution for social discovery. See our evolution, I suppose, from the animal kingdom into the human kingdom it self was catalyzed or triggered by our encounter with these hallucinogens. We are an ape with a symbiotic relationship to a mushroom and that has given us self-reflection, language, religion, and all the spectrum of effects that flow from these things, and only one can wonder how these phenomenal hallucinogens might effect our future evolution as well, they have brought us to this point and as we make our relationship to the conscious we maybe able to take control of our future evolutionary path.
Psilocybin is related to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that occurs in all life and is most concentrated in states of joy or pleasure. So there is a very close structural energy between this extremely cultural, philosophical hallucinogen and a very common basis for ordinary consciousness, serotonin, what it eats.
An individual?s personality is often marked or even transformed by their experiences under the influence of these drugs. They have had an enormous impact on shaping various cultures, mentally, spiritually, and politically as well. Indeed, the whole hippy 60?s thing happened, in part, precisely because of the new ranges of conscious experience originally kick-started into existence by the mushroom. The growing second wave of psychedelic research has likewise appeared on the account of the compelling nature of the ethnogen-inspired states of consciousness. Hallucinogens complex ordinary human brain chemistry so there?s a suggestion there that manipulation of neuro-numeral compounds and neurotransmitters and those sorts of things may in fact open the door to un-tapped areas of human potential....outside of human consciousness, in our subconscious lies a phantasm of imagination hallucinating far before the attempt to grasp the nature/order to life ever exsisted, NOW IT IS EMPHASIZED.. alteration is simply therapuetical,until we succumb to the extent of selfishness.
geeting one step closer to a preliminary understanding of the nature of the conscious human mind and the underlying factors governing the switch from normal awareness to the mystical perception of an intelligent other.
Man is endowed with the gift of wizardry, a talent for discovery and invention. The discovery and invention of substances that change the way we feel and behave are among man?s special accomplishments, and like so many other products of our wizardry, these substances have the capacity to harm as well to help. The substance itself is neutral, an intricate molecular structure. Yet, ?too much? can be sickening or even deadly. It is man who decides how each substance is used, and its mans beliefs and perceptions that give this neutral substance the attribute to heal or destroy. Once the conscious has been developed into a relationship being able to grasp the nature of consciousness, to continue the process of therapy is indeed selfish and potentially dangerous. Humanity and the essence of life, together, is a psychedelic, natural hallucinatory dynamic. The essence of that is more than just tripping, more than just a single alteration in consciousness; all consciousness is part of a bigger picture. The miracle of being endowed with a body, mind, psyche, and all the tools to prosper it, were not meant to be abused to gain a status of gratification or visual stimulation, there is a deeper meaning to everything. It should help you learn that you have the ability to feel the perfection of every moment without anything enhancing your mind except life. Neglecting the conscious is extremely possible: coveting or becoming fixated on such a sacred informational model to allow you to gain a temporal lattice of the mind. Some of the mushroom celebrants will inevitably start up the ?high? escalator to the next plateau, once there, the de-escalation process starts, it is difficult for many. You can build an ugly ego and abuse has a lesson that has a meaning that words can?t describe... your soul speaks the truth, if you are capable of listening to it.it speaks constantly...the only truth in silence

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

i apoligize [Re: sillysimon]
    #2989334 - 08/11/04 03:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i was un aware i posted the first post.. my apologies

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: [Re: sillysimon]
    #2989343 - 08/11/04 03:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

leary wrote the first paragraph..thats it... the rest is a compilation of various philosphers and nadnerbenieraloppis (myself)

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: A little chunk of truth about life after death. [Re: deff]
    #2989345 - 08/11/04 03:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deff said:
You are going to be met with harsh skepticism by some.

Ignore it, for you are the only one with the memory of the experience. You as well will start to become skeptical of this occurrence over time, but don't forget what it showed you :smile:

Thankyou, Deff.
I am ready for the critism.  I actually will enjoy it!

I am attempting to make a real theory out of this experiance, I don't think I will ever forget the experiance itself.  I basically don't care that much if people say that I am making it up.  I was planning on doing what you said and ignoring ignorant skepticism, while using positive, solidly founded skepticism to help get to the truth.

I'm not trying to make people believe what I say.  Some people will take what wisdom I can attempt to offer and go with it, some people will talk shit. 

I assure that this experiance really happenned and that I am being as honest as possible.  I have no reason to trick anybody.

Deff, If I could rate you annother five shrooms, I would!  I might make a puppet just for that purpose!  You really are a cool dude.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: MAGNUMRead! A little chunk of truth about life after death. [Re: sillysimon]
    #2989349 - 08/11/04 03:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

what you percieve canot be 'disproved' by quoting from the bible, or any other book.

However, even if you see a ghost, there is more than one way of interpreting that. Maybe its really a lingering spirit. Maybe your friend WAS in heaven and simply stopped in to say hi, or bye as the case may be. Maybe you were projecting a memory into the perceptual world, or bringing into existance by the power of your longing.

I dont know, im not going to argue about weather you saw a ghost, but dont be too quick to jump to conclusions.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: MAGNUMRead! [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2989383 - 08/11/04 03:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

im sorry this is totally off topic but did that psillyme rate you for some bullshit too?

--------------------

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: MAGNUMRead! A little chunk of truth about life after death. [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2989386 - 08/11/04 03:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

His experience was real. It was as real as the scientist studying a disease, or a skeptic spending time to try and make their lack of experience in these matters appear as logic. All of these are perceptions and are equal. Sure, there's no proof as to whether the ghost was real (existing outside of his personal perception), but there's also no proof that any experience actually objectively exists.

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#2989388 - 08/11/04 03:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mr crisper said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that was apparent, I decided to "rant" on a new thread.

actually i meant sillysimon.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

yea i fuckered up, [Re: mr crisper]
    #2989396 - 08/11/04 03:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

my bad i dint ean to bore you all,, it wasnt my intention to post the first post twice

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2989406 - 08/11/04 03:38 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mr crisper said:
so now you know there is life after death, what are you gonna do about it? how will this knowledge change your life?

Good questions.  I want to share my experiance with people.  Not to change beliefs, but to make an attempt at understanding deeper truths which are solid.  I'm not trying to get anyone to believe the theory I will eventually come up with, it's up to your discretion.  I will however offer it up and see what I can learn from others, though I may learn nothing.

This knowledge shows me that there is alot I don't know.  The way I look at it is like this: Whether or not you use it, having an old, antique china set is a nice thing to have.  This insight is very rare and cannot be ignored.  I feel like it's almost my respocibility to explain it to people.

Does anyone NEED to know that the Earth revolves around the sun?  Not really, but it is nice to know.  :smile:

Quote:

you should try and repeat the experience, set up cameras, etc and yell obceneties at the jesus poster ( try - "lick my balls, jesus"). see if you can film doors slamming and other ghostly phenomena.

The only thing that's keeping me from doing research like that is funds.  If I could ever recreate the experiance and tape it, that I would make me eccstatic.  Believe me!

I really think the Jesus relevance was because John was a devoted Christian and we were disrespecting his beliefs and his stuff in a way (we were cleanign out his room for the first time).  I could be wrong.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: yea i fuckered up, [Re: sillysimon]
    #2989408 - 08/11/04 03:38 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

no probs - i think your posts are quite interesting, but i wish you would break them up into smaller paragraphs - much easier for my lil brain to consume.
its like food - have to bite off small chunks rather than try to stuff the whole pie in at once.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology