Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
evolving into God??
    #4091028 - 04/24/05 10:35 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

will the course of evolution eventually have the human race (or the life of earth) eventually evolve into an all-knowing, all-present, all-powerful being or thing or spirit,,,or whatever...?

also, look at your hands,,,does anyone else notice there pinky finger slowly disentagrating...?? how long will it be before we only have 3 fingers and a thumb??

:heart: :mushroom2: :confused: :nut: :hippie: :mushroom2:  :heart:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Edited by JCoke (04/24/05 10:41 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: evolving into God?? [Re: JCoke]
    #4091040 - 04/24/05 10:46 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

No.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: evolving into God?? [Re: Icelander]
    #4091048 - 04/24/05 10:57 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
No.

why not...?

when does evolution stop...?

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4091060 - 04/24/05 11:03 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

when the race isn't dying out. Do you think evolution is a slow, sure progression that something gets better? No! It's adaptation

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4091065 - 04/24/05 11:06 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
No.

why not...?

when does evolution stop...?

I think evolution is a carrot in front of our dreaming noses.

I helps us to stay fooled about why we're here. This "life" is a 101 class where we learn the basics about love. When you wake up the world and evolution and all the critical issues of your life will be seen for what they are. The props in the comedy of your dream play.

Ask me how I can prove this! :grin: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4091260 - 04/24/05 12:44 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin believed that the entire universe would 'transubstantiate' into the Omega Point - into Christ [consciousness] - and that the Eucharist was a symbol not only of human transubstantiation.

Orthodox Christianity believes in 'theosis' - the transformation of Christians into [the Mystical Body of] Christ, which is the doctrinally appropriate way of saying 'into Christ.'

Arthur C. Clark wrote of all of humanity transforming spiritually in 'Childhood's End,' and Robert Heinlein's 'Stranger in a Strange World' addressed the same theme through a Human-Martian 'guru.'

These changes are not brought about by physical evolution, but are the 'teleology' [end-goal] of human development taken from a spiritual dimension out of which our spacio-temporal dimensions are a projection. We humans insist on taking the shadow for the Substance.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: evolving into God?? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4091425 - 04/24/05 01:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

""will the course of evolution eventually have the human race (or the life of earth) eventually evolve into an all-knowing, all-present, all-powerful being or thing or spirit,,,or whatever...?""

eventually?
how bout right now? :wink:

:sun:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4091432 - 04/24/05 01:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JCoke said:
will the course of evolution eventually have the human race (or the life of earth) eventually evolve into an all-knowing, all-present, all-powerful being or thing or spirit,,,or whatever...?

Whatever we become through evolution, we would have no sure way of getting a close idea of that today.
We're just as ignorant as those monkeys we evolved from.
Who the hell knows where a few million years could lead us to? Have you ever wondered how a physically evolved human would look like 10.000 years from now? What about if evolve above physicality?

I think your questions, like mine, are worth something and they're interesting to contemplate. But don't think you're going to get any answers. Not yet anyway.

My take on it:
As we further adapt to our environment (earth, the universe...), we are further able to take a grasp on it, to control it. By doing this (which we aren't doing too wisely these days), me make the conditions easier for our own evolution to continue. It seems that our goal, for now, is to master the exterior characterisitcs of existence. And IMO we do this so that we can tranquilly master our own selves later on.

So we go from a physical evolution, to a psychological and a spiritual one.

Actually let me rephrase that. We start with physical evolution, then at some point awareness comes in, and this awareness evolves hand in hand with physical evolution, and then at some later point we transcend physicality, and we evolve in a purely spiritual realm.

Its all gradual phases to me. I'm talking in loooooonnnnnng time lengths though.

So anyway, its funny you ask this because a few days ago i read a magazine or something that talked about scientists' and physicists' dream to create a mini-universe in a lab, with a mini-bigbang and all.  :grin:  That sounds funny, but i think thats what we are subconsciously inclined to do: create a new universe.

So ya, ultimately, IMO that's where the road of evolution takes us. We'll all become one "God" or something, we'll unify and we'll all become one super-consciousness. Whatever exploded during the big bang tends to reunite. Seems like consiousness exploded into billions of fractals and it's natural flow is to come back together.

Crazy talk i know  :mushroom2:
but this is a cray thread anyway :tongue:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: evolving into God?? [Re: Gomp]
    #4091485 - 04/24/05 02:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
""will the course of evolution eventually have the human race (or the life of earth) eventually evolve into an all-knowing, all-present, all-powerful being or thing or spirit,,,or whatever...?""

eventually?
how bout right now? :wink:

:sun:

See my name.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: evolving into God?? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4091752 - 04/24/05 04:11 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

this is something i posted once, it adds on to what i said above:

here's a theory,

"god" is the origin of the big bang because it needed to create a new universe in order to evolve more, and each universe is created based on different genes that make up these "natural laws" that govern the universe. With different genes comes different laws of nature, and with different laws of nature comes different ways for god (consciousness) to experience itself. We are beings of this universe meant to experience reality in order to learn and gain wisdom from it. At one point we might evolve to become spiritual beings and experience different realms of reality, until we reach a point, a dimension where all consciousness unifies and becomes god. At this point, we will have enough power to create a new big bang and enough knowledge to create new genes for a new universe made up of different natural laws, this is how i think evolution works.
my big question is where does it lead to? what's the point?

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4091795 - 04/24/05 04:22 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

What's your definition of god?

If you compare current technological prowess to that of our ancestors, we are already gods as we have various methods and various techniques to control forces, thought to be created and utilized by gods by various cultures in the past. (Look to Greek mythology for a decent example of what I'm talking about)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4092129 - 04/24/05 06:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

We will never be god just like a statue will never become the essence of stone.

In order to be god we'd have to transcend existence, be above being, is that possible? What does transcend existence mean anyway? I sure don't know.

We could become omnipotent in in every sence one day, be on every place in the universe with the power of our thought and change anything with the power of our thoughts, but even then the laws
by which such things would work would be above us, and even if we change them, the change will follow some higher laws. And untimately we will exist (be vs. not be) and other things like animals and stones would have to derive from us.

there are only two possibilities:
1. we are gods now and have always been
2. we will never be god

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4092130 - 04/24/05 06:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

We will never be god just like a statue will never become the essence of stone.

In order to be god we'd have to transcend existence, be above being, is that possible? What does transcend existence mean anyway? I sure don't know.

We could become omnipotent in in every sence one day, be on every place in the universe with the power of our thought and change anything with the power of our thoughts, but even then the laws
by which such things would work would be above us, and even if we change them, the change will follow some higher laws. And untimately we will exist (be vs. not be) and other things like animals and stones would have to derive from us.

there are only two possibilities:
1. we are gods now and have always been
2. we will never be god

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4092134 - 04/24/05 06:02 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Humans created reality, and in the process, created God.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: evolving into God?? [Re: Rose]
    #4092154 - 04/24/05 06:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

What created the star dust humans are made of? Whatever that answer is, what created that? Whatever that answer is, what created that? Whatever that answer is, what created that? Whatever that answer is, what created that? Whatever that answer is, what created that? Whatever that answer is, what created that? Whatever that answer is, what created that?

If you found that annoying, don't have children. :crazy2:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4092634 - 04/24/05 08:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Good observation. We will continue to evolve through technology. If we are made in God's image as the Christians tell us, should we not strive to be like God?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: evolving into God?? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4092683 - 04/24/05 08:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

No... if we do that (tower of Babel) he will smite us for beholding ourselves to his level...

Can anyone say superiority complex? :lol: (Yes, god indeed has a large ego, he needs to kick it with Buddha for a minute, and just let us live)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: evolving into God?? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4092744 - 04/24/05 09:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Unfortunately, he created Buddha. Did you ever have a boss who NEVER listened to their underlings? And everybody knows that Jesus is just a yes man. Satan once tried to set God straight and look what happened to him.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: evolving into God?? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4092776 - 04/24/05 09:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:rotfl:

Yeah, but Santa/Satan had evil intentions, in opposition to Buddha.

Satan believed in full materialistic value... and Santa is his delivery person.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: evolving into God?? [Re: vampirism]
    #4093413 - 04/25/05 12:11 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
Do you think evolution is a slow, sure progression that something gets better? No! It's adaptation

I agree that some evolution is adaptation......

but is all evolution adaptation.

Why cant we affect out evolution.

I believe that part of the reason we have less body hair is because we have been using other animals skin for protection for so long that we evolved a less hairy body.

We started eating more protein/meat and our brains were able to work better/grow bigger.

Some of our evolution we/Gods aided in. [that's God working thru us(aiding our evolution)....making us better]

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology