Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1860073 - 08/28/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, even though i dont belive in the Gods peole write about and praise. I am open to the idea that the councisness that is courently keeping us aware in the social level can travel through all levels of matter in its evolutionary latter. Anything from the ATOM to the Universe, we can litterly "be" anything Physical. We just dont currently know how to use this power with out the help of certain Psycjedelics, Am i making sense, boy im stoned, lol, So maybe their is beings that have reached a higher level of conciousness and are beyong our Physical reality. Whoa, lol, ANyway ponder on it, im probably going to make some edits when i sober up, lol, PEace!!!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineionathan
black universe

Loc: lost in the night
Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: Spokesman]
    #1861520 - 08/29/03 01:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Whoever God is he doesrnt want us to know the truth.

look its not He does n't want us to know the truth but our mind is not made to understand.
example: someone has a dog in his house ok? the dog lives in the yard for all its life and maybe it sees also some metters away.this is the world for the dog. the dog is imppossible to understand that it is living on around shit that it is standing in the black bigger shit that goes for ever.now you will ask me why not to give us the mind to understand, maybe after this is god and we would be all gods. i guess so

--------------------
When the truth is found to be lies
And all the joy within you dies....

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: ionathan]
    #1861678 - 08/29/03 02:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If we're just incapable of seeing outside our backyard... then how can anyone claim that there is something beyond this supposed fence?
They would need evidence, right?

You'll say no... you don't need evidence of something beyond the fence... you have faith, right?
And then I'll say that you just might be another casualty of Pascal's wager (or something similar).
Then you'll say "no no no.... I KNOW..."
And then I'll ask for evidence...
Then you'll get pissed at me and call me names...
And then I'll cry and run off.

Is this about right?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlineionathan
black universe

Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: Sclorch]
    #1861746 - 08/29/03 03:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

look i don't tell you to believe in god or stop trying to find answers
.i don't also say that if you believe in god all of your problems and answers would be solved and all the world would be happy and without any wars.i am just saying that first the motherfucking goverments should stop spending money going trips here and there in planets ,when the same time millions of young children in africa dying from hiv before they...what can i tell you , i think that you know ok? i am also not fanatic with christianity i just i have a problem with universe and without god i would be dead ,i would have komit suiside.other people are not afraid so much of universe, i am.

--------------------

Offlineblahblah
Stranger
Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: trendal]
    #1861831 - 08/29/03 04:55 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ahh.. I get ya.  Beliefs are fickled beasts.  Damnit, the devils, themselves. :wink:

We can't have that, can we? 

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1861846 - 08/29/03 05:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Yeah, even though i dont belive in the Gods peole write about and praise. I am open to the idea that the councisness that is courently keeping us aware in the social level can travel through all levels of matter in its evolutionary latter. Anything from the ATOM to the Universe, we can litterly "be" anything Physical. We just dont currently know how to use this power with out the help of certain Psycjedelics, Am i making sense, boy im stoned, lol, So maybe their is beings that have reached a higher level of conciousness and are beyong our Physical reality. Whoa, lol, ANyway ponder on it, im probably going to make some edits when i sober up, lol, PEace!!!

You sort of make sense to me, but it is because the idea is already in place in my head, and it reminded me of it.. hehe

I believe that we are Everything. If everything is energy at different forms and levels, as I believe has been basically proven by science (correct me if I am wrong, I don't keep up on such), then we are just some structure made out of energy that is constantly having energy "powering" us, so to speak. The same energy that is flowing through us today was not the same energy that was powering us yesterday. Our "individual" perspective is just some shell designed to observe, experience, and is being powered (and, technically composed of) by Energy..

Its like encapsulation. A structure is formed to carry information, and the structuring is composed of the same code that makes up the information...

I don't think psychadelics will give us the answer, I think that they show us the path (and a view of the mountain that we are walking to) that we have to walk on our own to get there... A lot of people that only rely on psycadelics end up getting burnt...They keep seeing things farther and farther away, but never do the work of getting further towards what they are seeing, and they are no longer to cope with where they are at because it isn't where they are at in their minds anymore..

I definitely like the idea of other beings that have evolved higher than us, and are no longer on our physical plane.. how would we know, without evolving there in the first place? You can't see what is on the other side of a mountain without first getting past that mountain..

look its not He does n't want us to know the truth but our mind is not made to understand.

Quote:

ionathan said:
example: someone has a dog in his house ok? the dog lives in the yard for all its life and maybe it sees also some metters away.this is the world for the dog. the dog is imppossible to understand that it is living on around shit that it is standing in the black bigger shit that goes for ever.now you will ask me why not to give us the mind to understand, maybe after this is god and we would be all gods. i guess so

Good point. However, if the dog breaks free from the fence (the barrier of his reality) and "journeys out", he will experience things that he would never experience in his old reality, would see a bigger part of the picture, etc...

Possibly evolution is the climb to understanding everything as it really is? Breaking down and eliminating the barriers (fences) keeping us from what is on the other side?

Maybe these barriers were put in place because if we were just dropped in it all as it really was, we wouldn't be able to comrehend anything and would have built up no knowledge? Like taking a six week old baby and putting him in a quantam physics class, perhaps?

The thing about faith is that you just "accept" that there is something out there beyond us, and that it will take care of us.. I prefer journeying out there, finding out what is out there for myself, so I would be better off with what I learned..

We are all on a path that will get us to where we are to be, we just need to learn the knowledge that will keep getting us farther and farther, keep pushing the boundaries of our consciousness and continue to keep seeking...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineionathan
black universe

Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1862592 - 08/29/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ok you are right i agree with you, it just that i see things some times from my point of view and i get clastrophobic, i feel like the dog only that i know that i am stuck on earth. i was just once on acid and i thought i knew everything about universe and all the answers were answered i don't remember much it was two years ago,now its the first time i am going to eat shroomes in a couple of weeks!

lol

answer=47

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: ionathan]
    #1862892 - 08/29/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ionathan said:
Quote:

Spokesman said:
Whoever God is he doesrnt want us to know the truth.

See thats the problem though, the emphasis is on the "i guess so part" Like i said, maybe there are beings that are evoveled beyond "our" reality.But i dont think they are the ones that created the universe or that have control over it. And even if oddly enogh they did, can we really be punished just because we didnt belive in them???

--------------------

Offlineionathan
black universe

#1864850 - 08/30/03 02:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

no nobody is punished ,when it has to do with the universe the infinity and god, i believe that punishment comes from inside his self.he can't stand the emptyness and the size of it and gets inasane,from his thoughts. i believe that these beings or one being ,that i call god, is clever enough to understand our questions and he doesn't want us to be blind beings believe in him without having our personality.so in order not to be punished ,we have to find peace inside us.for me these happens when i think of god and solves my universe problems.so until scientists explain this infinity i will believe in god.personally i don't thing there will be an answer about limits of universe.anyway i accept everything ,that's why i take mushrooms, in order to expand my mind and find answers,not only for universe and god but also for earthly matters.

sorry about my english
i am from greece

--------------------

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: Effed]
    #1886007 - 09/05/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I am glad you guys had fun with this one.  :smile:

OfflineSmaug
 User Gallery
Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: ]
    #1886478 - 09/05/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My view on God is that it doesn't have to be personified as many religions do so. I used to be a Catholic, and in fact still go to Church ocassionally becuz I don't want to hurt my dad's feelings. Through my psychedelic experiences (which don't number nearly as high as some people's) I felt as though I gained a knowledge that I've seen in life everyday since I was born.

I thought about life very hard for a good while and eventually started reading into Taoism. After reading I was amazed to find many of my feelings within this practice. To sum it up, "What goes around comes around," and now I have a much deeper understanding of this.

PS I don't visit this board often, sorry to dig up an old post!

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: Effed]
    #1886506 - 09/05/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

To quote a 1960 BBC interview with Carl Jung: "I do not need to believe - I Know."

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
Re: Do You Believe In God? [Re: ]
    #1893592 - 09/08/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

We are extensions of deity, not necessarily set apart from it. In our humanity, we are limited in our understanding of the esoteric qualities of our minds and souls. While we are certainly capable of reaching higher levels of existence and enlightenment, there are many who do not know or are unwilling to go through the processes of soul-searching that it takes to get there.
Higher power exists, even if only unto oneself. To believe in a higher power gives one hope that there is something (perhaps undefinable and infinite, perhaps not) greater than what is evident now.

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract