Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: God's ego... [Re: CER]
    #3293135 - 10/29/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CER said:
Defending the faith is a biblical term.  And I don't think it is possible to defend something that one is insecure about. I mean think about that statement???????

If one was secure in their faith, they wouldn't constantly perceive threats to it, and wouldn't feel the need to crusade agansit others in some attempt to try to prove justification of their faith.

Quote:

So yes it does suck at times, the Bible warns that we will suffer hardships such as "this conversation".  But that we are to do it anyway.  For YOUR sake.

If a fairly neutral, indirect conversation such as this one is perceived as a "hardship", then you must suffer needlessly far too often, as this conversation just isn't that big of a deal. There are plenty of realistic hardships out there in this world right now, like war, poverty, famine, disease....

I feel honored that you put up with this mentally straining hardship all for me, but really, it is quite unnecessary. I find little to no content from the Bible that is going to convert me to another's God, or sign me up for an ignorant religion. The fact that Jesus' teachings are in the Bible is one of the greatest ironies of them all. :lol:

Perhaps you should concern yourself with crusades to aid and assist people facing real hardships, like the aforementioned? THAT would actually make the world a better place.  :thumbup:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCER
?
Loc: midwest
Re: God's ego... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3293168 - 10/29/04 09:33 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It is not about me "not being secure in my faith".

I will post a few verses here that you may have missed. Since you refer to it as an "ignorant religion" perhaps you are interested in what the scripture says about "YOUR" wisdom.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

If you feel the whole conversation is unnecessary than why don't you leave the conversation??????

I'm not perceiving threats or crusading, I'm continuing the conversation, just as you are.

--------------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3293179 - 10/29/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

""If you feel the whole conversation is unnecessary than why don't you leave the conversation??????

I'm not perceiving threats or crusading, I'm continuing the conversation, just as you are. ""

nicly put!  :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3293197 - 10/29/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CER said:
It is not about me "not being secure in my faith".

Never said you weren't. :smirk:

Quote:

I will post a few verses here that you may have missed.  Since you refer to it as an "ignorant religion" perhaps you are interested in what the scripture says about "YOUR" wisdom.

For one thing, I personally distinguish between a relgious collection of texts and a religion that (suspossedly) follows it. I am interested in hearing, however, what the scripture apparently says about my wisdom. *reads following quote of scripture*

Quote:

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1Co 1:19  For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20  Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

So, what do I do now? Tremble before God's threat? Please. I honestly do not feel The Bible portrays in any way "God's word". I'm sorry if He is going to smite me for it, but I do not live a life of fear. :grin:

Quote:

If you feel the whole conversation is unnecessary than why don't you leave the conversation??????

Everything is unnecessary. In contrast of real sufferings and hardship, however, the hardship you face in this conversation appears even more unnecessary, doesn't it? If a belief causes you suffering, especially over simple, trivial matters - eliminate it. That will bring you closer to God, more than anything. 

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineCER
?
    #3293239 - 10/29/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Fireworks god said:
So, what do I do now? Tremble before God's threat?

Gen6:7 Be not decieved, God is not mocked.

Jesus teaches...
Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

He is talking about conversations that turn into this. Basically only God can open your eyes to the truth, and at this point I am casting my pearl to...well you read the scripture.

--------------------

OfflineCER
?
    #3293245 - 10/29/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My son is going to wake up soon from his nap,so gotta go,but can someone tell me what those mushrooms by my username are?

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3293274 - 10/29/04 10:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

those are ratings. go check the comments :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineCER
?
Re: God's ego... [Re: Gomp]
    #3293310 - 10/29/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

THANKS!

--------------------

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

#3293445 - 10/29/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CER said:
Tripster said:
"I was refering to the initial reaction of lashing out at someone and demeaning them because you don't agree with the thought introduced."

Gomp said:
is that a trip report? :P j\k h?h?

Tripster said:
LOL that's good.

So is this what you mean by not talking down to someone about their beliefs?

It meant it was funny to think of the bible as jesus's trip report. This being because I see the bible as nothing more than a story you take literally. You know, like a 5 year old when he sees Bambi for the first time.
Quote:

I&#8217;m not even sure what a trip report is, but I am assuming you mean &#8220;tripping&#8221;?

Tripster said:
we will never learn from each other when we are close minded

2Ti 4:2 preach the Word, be urgent in season, out of season, convict, warn, encourage with all long-suffering and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own lusts, they will heap up to themselves teachers tickling the ear;
2Ti 4:4 and they will turn away the ear from the truth and will be turned aside to myths.
2Ti 4:5 But you be clear-minded in all, suffer hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out your ministry.

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

Tripster&#8230;You see the Bible teaches not to accept humanistic philosophy&#8230;I think, I wonder, the comic says, etc&#8230;
I am required by my beliefes to be able to defend my position. I&#8217;m not arguing with you, I&#8217;m trying to get you to see that I am right.

Sorry I don&#8217;t know how to use the quote feature on this forum yet.

I think the big misunderstanding here is you are continueing to imply I think this comic is the way things are. You're wrong. I don't believe god is real, not even real enough to capitalize the word god, let alone think he's pearched on a cloud crying cause he's lonely. It was a thought I introduced to let people read. In turn you began to belittle anyone who would think such a thought, or anyone whom would read a comic book as well. Such closed minded generalization, and categorization is pathetic. If I wanted to I could easily sum up why you are so defensive and IMO uneducated by realizing that your from the Midwest. But boy, wouldn't that be closed minded, much like yourself.

--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

Re: God's ego... [Re: Gomp]
    #3293470 - 10/29/04 11:20 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
Quote:

Tripster said:
Quote:

Gomp said:
did we just now talk about our views without having to tell the other person they're wrong?

You understand my point and are only getting anywhere in your arguement you're holding for the sake of argueing because my quote was out of context. I was refering to the initial reaction of lashing out at someone and demeaning them because you don't agree with the thought introduced. Take that quote and put it back in to that context and then decide if you still think it's that incorrect.

arguement??

and why do you assume I think it's incorrect?? if you assume so.. (?)

To challenge a thought usually implies one disagrees with it. I may have been wrong, and I'm sorry if so, but you gave me so little of what you're actually thinking and instead only a few lines that attempted to paint what I said in a different context.
Quote:

did we just again talk about our views without having to tell the other person they're wrong?

You seem to think this sentence is somehow binding what I said up in to a ball of incorrectness but what I said is so removed from what went with it your sentence here holds no ground. On top of that I also said that it does not apply to every topic of every conversation like you are trying to make it. So taken out of context and applied to things it was not meant to be applied to, yeah, you've got a point. Put what I said back in to context, and apply it to an appropriate topic such as religion, as we are discussing, and it is very valid. There's no reason to try to make someone sound inferior for not thinking your thoughts in relation to religion. I think it sounds retarded to worship some guy in a robe in the sky, but I'm not going to tell someone they're wrong because they do so. It's their own choice to make and I would much rather discuss it with them than get in to this mindless argeument over who's got it figured out. None of us do. Let's also just say I think closed mindedness is not a topic where two can agree to disagree. Closed minded is bad, open minded is good.

--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3294363 - 10/29/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I need a temple massage.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Edited by SkorpivoMusterion (10/29/04 03:35 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: God's ego... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3295144 - 10/29/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

a temple massage, is that like a message from the message it self? like i am not you but me? but to you i am you, and you are me? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3296256 - 10/30/04 03:18 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CER said:
He is talking about conversations that turn into this.  Basically only God can open your eyes to the truth, and at this point I am casting my pearl to...well you read the scripture.

Ja, your pearls are of so much great value, and quite beautiful, they lull me into a drugged sense of peace and make me ignore all that is around me. :lol:

You still haven't told me what specific position you are defending here, which point of yours was addressed and challenged. :smirk:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #3297047 - 10/30/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Christ was first in creation I believe, to bear witness to God (A consciousness directly below god, but not equal to)

Jesus was a man, yet Christ entered his body. Because of this, Jesus now has eternal life (He doesnt die, because he fused with Christ) Thus, Jesus Christ.

He taught the way of Life. The way to Immortality. The way to Defeat Death and Sin. He was good from the start, and became Christed. It was meant to happen to show the people for this age the way to Eternity, to God, to end unecessary suffering.

He taught the straightest path to Christ.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: God's ego... [Re: tekramrepus]
    #3297060 - 10/30/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds pretty much good to me. :thumbup:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3297793 - 10/30/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

FG, I could be wrong because I'm making this judgment based on your seemingly sarcasm and biased signature, but I think you might be classifying CER as a fundamentalist Christian before you even completely understand his perspective.

fireworks_god said:

Even though said people could be a little ignorant and misinformed.

When it comes to matters of spirituality, no one is informed, and to claim otherwise (such as labeling someone as misinformed), is ignorant and bold.

[Christianity] is responsible for quite a lot of hardship and suffering in the past two thousand years.
Correction, mankind "is responsible for quite a lot of hardship and suffering in the past two thousand years."  To claim Christianity is responsible for these deeds, is a terrible generalization.  Not all Christians share the same perspective.

...it truly is wonderful that we must accept your thoughts and acknowledge them but that you do not need to accept ours.
When did CER claim we must accept his thoughts?  I only see a request for acknowledgment.

It must suck to be so insecure in one's faith that one must defend it.
Labeling someone insecure for discussing and justifying their faith in an S&P forum is just plain stupid.  Period.

How can you know Truth if your eyes are already closed? Such a thing to say, "I am right".
Such a thing to say someone's "eyes are already closed."  Are yours open?  Do you see Truth?  I'm sure you do.  I'm sure we all do, but it's completely subjective.  "Nothing is right or wrong, thinking makes it so."  --Shakespeare.

If one was secure in their faith, they wouldn't constantly perceive threats to it, and wouldn't feel the need to crusade against others in some attempt to try to prove justification of their faith.
Ironic...CER was never in the defensive until a crusade gave way to challenge his faith.  But this activity is common place in an S&P forum, so why the surprise?  Or did you just feel like earning some cool points for stating the obvious?

Quote:

CER said:
It is not about me "not being secure in my faith."

FG said:
Never said you weren't.

Earlier, you seemed to imply this (heavily) with a few statements.

Now everyone go to hell for hijacking my thread :razz:  Just kidding (I don't believe in hell)  :tongue:

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: God's ego... [Re: Viaggio]
    #3300816 - 10/31/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

viaggio said:
FG, I could be wrong because I'm making this judgment based on your seemingly sarcasm and biased signature, but I think you might be classifying CER as a fundamentalist Christian before you even completely understand his perspective.

I'd say you would indeed be wrong, especially by basing judgement on my signature. It was not said by me, although I definitely appreciate it. It has a great point, and is hilarious as well. :wink:

I do not lump any person or their ideas into some generality or label personally, but I do compare ideas of a person to common thought complexes. Thoughts are not unique to any one person, and their origins and substances can be traced. I can follow a thought I have now and find where the different aspects of it came from, what experiences led to it, why it is held, with what conviction it is held, etc. etc. etc. If anything, that is how that label might have become present in this thread, but that doesn't mean much and shouldn't be taken as anything beyond what it is. :grin:

I am always completely open to a person's perspective and never close my clear perspective of their perception. :tongue:

Quote:

Even though said people could be a little ignorant and misinformed.
When it comes to matters of spirituality, no one is informed, and to claim otherwise (such as labeling someone as misinformed), is ignorant and bold.

:lol: Labeling someone as ignorant and misinformed is ignorant? What about labeling someone ignorant for labeling someone else ignorant and misinformed?  :shocked:

Ahhh, isn't that just the thing, with individual perspective? We can only judge in terms of our own understandings and perspective. It really is subjective, but yet we are existing in an objective space (none of this space can be known objectively, of course :nut:), and so we interact and view other's thoughts through our own subjective perspective. All the while, this objective reality is there, although impossible to know objectively, it is entirely possible to know a lot of it subjectively, pretty dead on. So some perspectives, while right in their own respect, do not make sense in terms of reality.

Essentially, it might be difficult to know a lot, but we can know, in terms of relativity, in relation to other perspectives, other aspects, other ideas, and thoughts. To one who relates the perspective or thought or idea in question to a wider, understood perspective, based correctly on a wide variety of aspects, they will likely have a more total, understanding reality map.

I must inform you, at this point, that I am tired, am in two conversations, and don't have a lot of time, so I might not be expressing myself exactly as intended, but hopefully the meaning is still there. :grin:

Quote:

Correction, mankind "is responsible for quite a lot of hardship and suffering in the past two thousand years."  To claim Christianity is responsible for these deeds, is a terrible generalization.  Not all Christians share the same perspective.

Correction, I actually should have put "the belief in Christianity", which, essentially, clears that issue up a lot. It is indeed a generalization, but it covers a majority, which is all that was intended with that statement (which wasn't meant to be anything more than vauge).

Quote:

When did CER claim we must accept his thoughts?  I only see a request for acknowledgment.

CER said:
I am required by my beliefes to be able to defend my position. I?m not arguing with you, I?m trying to get you to see that I am right.

:wink:

Quote:

Labeling someone insecure for discussing and justifying their faith in an S&P forum is just plain stupid.  Period.

Then you misunderstand. There is a distinct difference between discussion and expression of an idea and defending it, which implies that one is in some way emotionally attached to the idea. It implies a sense of being threatened. Being emotionally attached and having feelings of being threatened means that one is not in touch with the moment, and it also means that their mind is obstructed. The free interchange of ideas becomes complicated, especially for themself, as they are not experiencing clarity, and are not in an open mind. Period. :tongue:

Quote:

How can you know Truth if your eyes are already closed? Such a thing to say, "I am right".
Such a thing to say someone's "eyes are already closed."  Are yours open?  Do you see Truth?  I'm sure you do.  I'm sure we all do, but it's completely subjective. 

It might be completely subjective, but it is completely subjective based on a complete objective, which, as I keep saying, can never be known objectively. There is a reality, and it is possible to understand it as much as possible from a subjective view point. It is all the same understanding here, all the same ideas, and it is possible to compare and relate other ideas and perspectives. To think that it is completely impossible to find common ground and compare and contrast and find similarities and differences between different people's perspectives is far too dreamy, and there are clear perspectives that are capable of seeing others for what they are, as a whole and for what they are.

Quote:

If one was secure in their faith, they wouldn't constantly perceive threats to it, and wouldn't feel the need to crusade against others in some attempt to try to prove justification of their faith.
Ironic...CER was never in the defensive until a crusade gave way to challenge his faith.  But this activity is common place in an S&P forum, so why the surprise?  Or did you just feel like earning some cool points for stating the obvious?

This quote of mine is really a continuation of the one concerning defense, and was not directly about CER or the happenings of this thread. While this thread and what has been said in this obviously influenced my thoughts and what I said, everything I have said is not based entirely on it, and go into meanings beneath the surface.

Anyways, it doesn't matter what provoked it, going into defense of an idea or a thought is still one own's choice, and is a negative thing to do. Perceiving something as a threat, or perceiving a need to defend, stems from something, and one possibillity is an insecurity, in fact, it probably is. My statement is pretty self-explanatory, therefore. :grin:

Quote:

Earlier, you seemed to imply this (heavily) with a few statements.

One thought leads to another, and soon I am expressing thoughts and ideas that aren't completely related to exactly what was said or what is going on, despite they are obviously related in some way, as they sprang from them. If I was directly implying this about CER, I would have came right out and said it. :grin:

I think I haven't been too clear in some parts of this post, and used the same words too many times in the same paragraph.. I'm truly sorry, I'm too tired to be able to think clearly... :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3304812 - 11/01/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Word :thumbup:

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract