Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 |
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: mushyghost420]
    #29671613 -

mushyghost420 said:
Low-key fucked up couldnt harvest them till after i got off work theyre like bruised the block dryed out a bit and they donโ€™t look as good



I use basic food safety standards when deciding what to keep/discard.
Anything that is slimy, rotting, insect infested or moldy gets tossed out.

What I see there looks like spores and bruising. Spore dumps and a little bruising are totally ok.

Those look good to keep from I can see. Good job!


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: Scemilope]
    #29671624 -

Looks all good to me


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: mushyghost420]
    #29671678 -

mushyghost420 said:
Low-key fucked up couldnt harvest them till after i got off work theyre like bruised the block dryed out a bit and they donโ€™t look as good



I'm sure they'll do the thing anyway.

:trippinbawelz:


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: Kloakk]
    #29671781 -

Yessir, looks good to me homie :thumbup:

Edited by langten69 (09/18/26 03:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29671808 -

Do it some more


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29672070 -

So now that I have harvested and dryed those and tossed the teepee idea cus it dryed the fuck outta my cake I put the regular top on is that technically my โ€œfirst flushโ€ is there gonna be anymore for that whats the next step

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29674184 -

I've secretly been following this tek for my AOI. I just got my first set of pins and have been documenting the whole process. I will create a full write up with pictures to post here to back up the OP Once I harvest =). Thanks BeefElite this thread saved me.


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: mushyghost420]
    #29674186 -

mushyghost420 said:
So now that I have harvested and dryed those and tossed the teepee idea cus it dryed the fuck outta my cake I put the regular top on is that technically my โ€œfirst flushโ€ is there gonna be anymore for that whats the next step



All them little fruits are aborted. May as well pluck em.  Seems like you got really dry at some point.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29680051 -

Ive somehow managed a second flush it doesnโ€™t look bad at all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29680058 -

Thanks to Beef for this amazing write up on how to save an AIO bag. I fell victim to this myself. I purchased 2 AIO bags thinking this would be the easiest way to get fruits..

I was wrong...

I actually got fruits from my 3rd or 4th shoebox before I actually got anything from my AIO (Oops, spoiler).

I wanted to honor Beefs write up by showing my results. (I was going to wait until harvest but fuck it, there's no better time than now).

I purchased my AIO back in late June 2026 so its been a solid 3 months. Inoculation of the AIO was around 7/7 and it didn't fully colonize until 8/20. Around 8/25 I noticed the mycelium was really thick, no longer fuzzy and soft looking but more like a skin.



The mycelium was so thick, the only thing i could think to do was to fork tek it and scrape the top layer off. I only did a section though because i wasn't sure if this would work.



Long story shot that didnt work either.


Then I found Beef's tek on how to save my AIO... lets run it.

I grabbed that sprayer so quick but the mycelium was so thick that it didn't break,, like at all,, water sprayer was useless. so I savagely ravaged it with a fork.


Before Pictures.



After Pictures.



It was a murder scene with substrate, bruised mycelium, and water all over the kitchen.

I don't rightfully remember how much coir I prepped, but I do recall using Beef's Coir in Grams x 4.25 = Walter in ml/grams i think i originally made ~325 Grams or half a brick.




A few days later I noticed My "Dino Egg" was looking pretty sad again. The coir layer dried up pretty quick and i knew that wasn't going to do the trick.



so I made some more coir and this time made sure it was well covered, and slightly embedded into the coir layer below.

Beef doesn't picture it in his tek but he does say in step 5 to "Take about half the prepped brick and pack it into the tub". SO THATS WHAT I DID DAMNIT

Pictures taken on 9/9



After a few days the humidity levels were solid, but a few parts of my 'Dino Egg' started to dry out again,,




and then I heard Beef talking... 



BeefExtreme said:
This is the part thats just SO hard to teach.  Its easier done than said.  Intuition comes with experience.

For now bud, all i can tell you is keep it sparkly


:magicfingers:




So I misted that bitch and made it sparkly

and the following day, I got my first set of pins on my AIO block that had been sitting fully colonized for over a month!


3 Days later


6 Days after first pins



All that to say this tek works. Good write up Beef and thank you!


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Edited by Lo-Z (09/27/26 09:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: Lo-Z]
    #29680163 -

Another new grower here. Bad news is I also fell for an all-in-one, good news is that I found this thread before it turned into a dried up fossil. It's a 5 lb bag which looks to be half grain and half soil. Photo is three and a half weeks after inoculation, it's been sitting in a 72 - 75 degree room. The instructions say that once the grain is 1/3 colonized, I should break it all up and distribute it, then let it sit in the bag until it turns completely white, then open the bag. Would you recommend spawning it to a tub instead at some point during this process?



Thank you for any and all advice. Looking forward to getting some agar and Doing It Right next time.


--------------------
Nobody is doing it like me because this is probably not the right way to do it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: MarsBars]
    #29680168 -

I would spawn it after you break it up and  it turns fully white (meaning it fully colonized with mycelium)

Welcome to the shroomery

Edited by langten69 (09/28/26 12:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: langten69]
    #29681811 -

All right folks, here's my situation. I shot 10cc of vendor LC into my two, 1lb AIO bags (5cc each) on 8/6.

At 30% (9/15) I did a break n' shake. Temps have been between 70-75ยฐF. 6500K bulb on a 12/12 cycle, etc.

I've been reading around including How it should & shouldn't look and Clean spawn checklist for the new grower.

Both fantastic reads but I've got noob eyes so I'd appreciate some feedback on these bags. They aren't fully colonized (I think) yet I'm seeing some activity on the sides. My plan was to fruit in the bag/this tek considering how these AIO types usually turn bacteria or mold. With the side pinning, should I open the top of the bags or?







I've since learned AIO bags aren't great LOL and am doing agar (got some WBS in the PC now, in fact).

Thanks!


--------------------
Just read it, dammit: The Hitchhiker's Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: The Door] * 1
    #29681855 -

Im still a noob too, but with fruits already starting in your bag I would go ahead and give it a little slit and open the top up. This tek is more for AIO bags that didnt fruit to begin with. So technically you've already passed the need to rescue. You're more in the fae dial area.

Just another perspective, not a professional yet. My AIO never saw fruits, so I resorted to this tek. I think youre doing good getting fruits in the bag.


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: Lo-Z]
    #29682267 -

Lo-Z said:
Im still a noob too, but with fruits already starting in your bag I would go ahead and give it a little slit and open the top up.



So I woke up this morning, I got myself a beer and looked at the bags again. And I think you're spot on. They do seem further along and perhaps not in as bad shape as I thought last night. Thanks man.

Cheers!


--------------------
Just read it, dammit: The Hitchhiker's Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: The Door] * 1
    #29682278 -

Yeah it's tough to say whether those bags are undercolonized or whether the coir is just a bit unevenly distributed making them seem patchier.

I think the first 2 pics look great, and the couple bar spots (mid bottom right pic 3, top pic 4, middle of pic 5) are the only ones worth perhaps waiting for. Once those fill in a bit more, either slice horizontally 75% of the way up and top fruit, or pop the whole thing out of the bag and throw it on a grate in a tub with some water at the bottom, possibly with a bit of coir dusting if they're not already fruiting in most places.

But you're in good shape no matter what


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29682399 -

Im not sure ive ever seen a aio that tall and skinny.  Strange.


What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do?

Not to disagree with you fine cultinators, and honestly what ras said would probably work alright, its just not what i would do. 

What I see:

the surface is fucked up enough that its trying to fruit between plastic and substrate.  Tells me the colony isnt too fond of the envoronment in the bag.  The best fruiting surface is a milimeter of gas.  Theyre not havin fun in that bag.


Honestly? Id rescue this shit.

Yyyeah man I just dont like to see mushrooms grown in bags.  Makes me claustrophobic.  Fahts can fruit a sub in his pocket but that doesnt mean noobs should do what fahts do.

Id probably manuallly abort the little pins whats on there, punish the surface.  Give em a new scaffold to build from: 

Make some coir, and roll em in there and get a nice brown jacket on there.  Mist it nice and moist. 


Put the rest of that coir in a tub and set that egg on the coir.  Keep em misted and brown.  When it colonizes, keep it sparkly. 


Thats what id do.  Bet you could still get a zip of dry if you act quick.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29682559 -

BeefExtreme said:
Im not sure ive ever seen a aio that tall and skinny.  Strange.


What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do? What would i do?

Not to disagree with you fine cultinators, and honestly what ras said would probably work alright, its just not what i would do. 

What I see:

the surface is fucked up enough that its trying to fruit between plastic and substrate.  Tells me the colony isnt too fond of the envoronment in the bag.  The best fruiting surface is a milimeter of gas.  Theyre not havin fun in that bag.


Honestly? Id rescue this shit.

Yyyeah man I just dont like to see mushrooms grown in bags.  Makes me claustrophobic.  Fahts can fruit a sub in his pocket but that doesnt mean noobs should do what fahts do.

Id probably manuallly abort the little pins whats on there, punish the surface.  Give em a new scaffold to build from: 

Make some coir, and roll em in there and get a nice brown jacket on there.  Mist it nice and moist. 


Put the rest of that coir in a tub and set that egg on the coir.  Keep em misted and brown.  When it colonizes, keep it sparkly. 


Thats what id do.  Bet you could still get a zip of dry if you act quick.




The Master hath spoketh. :bowserwins::bow::bow2::bow::bow2:


--------------------
A Seeker Seeking,,, Things...

Lo-Z Things
State of The Grow :awesomenod: | Lo-Z's Forever Print Tek :print:
Brown Rice Grain Prep (Step by Step) :syringe: | My Favorite Cow PooPoo Sub Tek :poop:

Things that saved Lo-Z
PANS IN TUBS :mushroom2:
Rescuing Your AIO Kit :lifesaver:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: Lo-Z]
    #29682712 -

I mean, ras pretty much said to do the same thing.  Water tub would work great too. I just dont like water tubs. 

Too sloshy :justnotright:


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Beef Supreme on: Rescuing Your Fucked-Up All-in-one kit (Or whatever less-than-ideal situation you have) [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29682739 -

BeefExtreme said:
Too sloshy :justnotright:



:ohgodwhy:
SLOSHY?! Are ya carryin em?! Was there an earthquake?!

But yeah they're not the most practical thing to move around.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 |

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Kit Ripoffs Stranger 869 3 02/09/00 11:09 AM
by vivid
* Re: Shroom Kits,Please Respond! Krupa 2,012 11 07/21/00 08:02 PM
by Anonymous
* accidentally water dunked GT kits in the terrarium duma 514 1 07/21/04 02:51 PM
by Scourge
* Advice on cultivation from terrarium ready kit spleen 1,321 3 08/02/02 05:08 AM
by kykeon
* Question about grow kit (Yeah.......I know......) cyberbod57 4,997 6 02/06/02 01:54 PM
by Brugman
* shroom kit floating_green_elf 1,093 7 08/31/03 06:50 PM
by Anonymous
* DB kit in progress
( 1 2 3 all )
DanDanTheShroomMan 6,372 46 06/28/01 06:38 AM
by Learyfan
* Grow kits from Netherlands, Legal or not?
( 1 2 3 all )
Apexx 12,435 46 10/28/02 12:35 PM
by SixTango

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
18,398 topic views. 12 members, 25 guests and 117 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.