Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1081 | 1082 | 1083 | 1084 | 1085 | 1086 | 1087 | 1088 | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | 1096 | 1097 | 1098 | 1099 | 1100 | 1101 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #28366157 -

Just back to the original question and then I really will stop.

Do you have any links outside of this website that support the claim that a strain is solely defined by monokaryotic mating?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycolorado]
    #28366166 -

I never said thatโ€™s all I was doing for a year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 4
    #28366174 -

Who cares.  All your posts tend to give off serious armchair cultivator vibes.  Not to mention youโ€™ve only posted a couple pics of plates and no kick ass canopies from super isolated cultures.  I know, I know, you donโ€™t post pics of your grows because xyz.


--------------------
๐Ÿ…‚๐Ÿ„ธ๐Ÿ„ถ๐Ÿ„ผ๐Ÿ„ฐ


Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycoloradoโ€™s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mycolorado]
    #28366175 -

At least stipe is having a real conversation. I could give a shit what vibes you feel from me and how many mushrooms you think Iโ€™ve grown. Who are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 2
    #28366180 -

Just some guy who grows the occasional fruit.


--------------------
๐Ÿ…‚๐Ÿ„ธ๐Ÿ„ถ๐Ÿ„ผ๐Ÿ„ฐ


Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycoloradoโ€™s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 4
    #28366184 -

I'll have to say that I have learned a lot, I've laughed a lot, and it's been none-stop throughout the day.
It's been quite the read today lads. Much love.
:heart::mushroom2::heart:
:cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushhead] * 4
    #28366205 -

I don't know when this all started but it certainly was good reading - I normally scroll fast through this thread

Today I have also learnt about hereditary diarrhoea

:compelling:


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo]
    #28366212 -

Chamo said:
Just back to the original question and then I really will stop.

Do you have any links outside of this website that support the claim that a strain is solely defined by monokaryotic mating?



It's not the only way to produce a fruiting strain, you've missed the point. 2 monos make a dikaryotic strain. Laboratory wizardry with protoplasts can produce a strain, dedikaryotization can produce a strain, etc. I'm sure there's a multitude of advanced interventions into protoplasm/nuclei to produce any number of interesting outcomes.

Your original statement that isolates can be produced by scalpel transfers was what started this conversation. I stated that an isolate is a strain, a strain in isolation produced by two compatible monokaryons, dedikaryotization, or bullers. Strains are not isolated via plate transfers; sectoring or the lack therefore isn't a sufficient condition to indicate individual strain isolation, etc.

I hope that clears things up because this is all the time I have left to dedicate to this :lol:

Time to go relax.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap] * 1
    #28366214 -

You are the only source I have found that defines an isolated strain as being solely between monokaryons.

Iโ€™ll leave it alone stipe. Thanks for your time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 1
    #28366221 -

Chamo said:
You are the only source I have found that defines an isolated strain as being solely between monokaryons.



If you read carefully you'll see that this isn't what I said. The point is that an Isolate is an individual strain, this is where the emphasisshould be placed. The only way for the hobby grower to produce an individual strain is by employing the techniques listed above.

Isolate can refer to a monosporic isolate, or an individual dikaryotic strain. Neither can be achieved by scalpel, loop, biopsy, or shouting in German.

K, that's it for realz this time :rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #28366232 -

Stipe, I donโ€™t agree with you. You can isolate dikaryotic mycelium into individual strains using transfers. I did not say that a lack of Sectoring indicates an isolate. I said that in combination with consistent, unchanging fruiting results it is definitely indicative of being close to an isolate if it is not one. We will never know fully without genetic testing. 

Have a good one. I do appreciate it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo] * 1
    #28366238 -

Ok, that's fine. No problemo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap] * 3
    #28366240 -





And this is why you should always carefully wipe down the inside of your SAB before using it. Lesson learned.


--------------------
How do pirates clone their mushrooms?

        With agarrrrrr.:captain::captain:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: sprocket]
    #28366289 -

sprocket said:




And this is why you should always carefully wipe down the inside of your SAB before using it. Lesson learned.




nah that was just somebody behind you coughing, i cant do any agar work when my old lady is in the house, she just come barreling by not a care in the world and then i end up with half to 3/4 of my plates looking like that. i would still wipe your sab down, at least the walls


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: dna24] * 1
    #28366305 -

You fellas think SSLC counts to be featured in this thread?


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 2
    #28366418 -

Learnt a lot reading the last couple pages, thanks for the lecture Stipe. As much as I dislike Chamo's way of communicating and sheer stubbornness, I'm glad and appreciate that he started this discussion, cause i got to learn a lot today!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smoothcat] * 3
    #28366594 -

Smoothcat said:
I don't know when this all started but it certainly was good reading



It started with Chamo, a noob who hasn't grown anything worth showing, saying:

Quote:
If you want something that is uniform every time you will need to continue transferring from each of those plates, with the goal being to make a transfer until there are no more sections in the mycelium. When you have an individual strain of mycelium, it will grow uniformly.



And I replied:
"If you're saying what I think you're saying, that's not how any of this works. If you're saying what I think you're saying, it's a common misunderstanding. Where did you hear this info?"

He replied with an explanation that showed he WAS saying that I thought he was saying. He used the word "strain" a lot, and used it wrong. Then he doubled down on it being true, when it's not.

I went away for 24 hours and came back to an amusing 7 pages of people who grow fat canopies non-stop telling him why he's wrong. And Chamo yelling at them that they're wrong, but him having nothing to back it up, grow wise or link wise. It's pretty amusing.

I'm not out to shame anyone and I am usually very kind and welcoming to noobs here.

But my main goal here is to help noobs get good at growing. Part of that is not letting it slide without comment when anyone (usually a noob) gives bad, wrong growing teks.

So I'll say it:  No one should listen to anything Chamo has to say about growing.

Pic tax, plate that I put in the fridge, forgot about, and it slowly grew to the edge.

--
Smellyhobbit said:
You fellas think SSLC counts to be featured in this thread?



Super Sticky Liquid Culture Semi-Solid Liquid Culture that can utilize agar in its recipe?  Of course.

Edited by nektar61 (06/20/23 06:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #28366639 -

nektar61 said:
Super Sticky Liquid Culture



:jodie:


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  ๐Ÿ…‘๐Ÿ…ž๐Ÿ…ฃ๐Ÿ…ฃ๐Ÿ…›๐Ÿ…” ๐Ÿ…–๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28366645 -

Fuck. Did 3 media bottles with the new LME I got, 3 different brands of agar and I still get hot break boogers.

I have 1 unused media bottle left, I'm going to make one last run and this time I'll use the fancy modular weight for the presto, so it doesn't go above 15psi (my regular one is overweighted for 19psi).

This is such fucking nonsense :fuckthisshit:


--------------------
Mold cultivator extraordinaire

I also dabble in bacteria

I'm also a retard sometimes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: altford78] * 1
    #28366653 -

What is a hot break booger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1081 | 1082 | 1083 | 1084 | 1085 | 1086 | 1087 | 1088 | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | 1096 | 1097 | 1098 | 1099 | 1100 | 1101 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,992 topic views. 10 members, 44 guests and 150 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.025 seconds on 16 queries.