Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 889 | 890 | 891 | 892 | 893 | 894 | 895 | 896 | 897 | 898 | 899 | 900 | 901 | 902 | 903 | 904 | 905 | 906 | 907 | 908 | 909 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #28026389 -

iโ€™ve had bad luck with some of my scalloped plates too & usually canโ€™t transfer away from it, very possible there are multiple reasons for scalloped plates happening too. talking completely out of my ass with this but i almost wonder if sometimes itโ€™s just fucked up genetics or something.


--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another
===================================
i love glass petris & you can too!!
posts i constantly refer back to
new to mushroom cultivation?? read this!!
===================================

๐Ÿ…ƒ ๐Ÿ„ด ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ผ    ๐Ÿ„ฒ ๐Ÿ„ป ๐Ÿ„ธ ๐Ÿ„ฝ ๐Ÿ„ถ ๐Ÿ…† ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ฟ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #28026391 -

I have to show off this pic for 2 reasons:




1: I think it's cool can we can see the GWA change color as the myc is eating/using it
2: Shoutout to the member (you know you who are :smile: ) who sent me that swab. You make fucking clean swabs friend :super:


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rusty2096]
    #28026409 -

Rusty2096 said:
I have to show off this pic for 2 reasons:




1: I think it's cool can we can see the GWA change color as the myc is eating/using it
2: Shoutout to the member (you know you who are :smile: ) who sent me that swab. You make fucking clean swabs friend :super:



What is GWA change color?

:starwars:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rusty2096]
    #28026410 -

How are these looking?  These are T2.  Iโ€™m looking forward to having clean spawn.




--------------------
๐Ÿ…ƒ๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ผ  ๐Ÿ„ฒ๐Ÿ„ป๐Ÿ„ธ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ถ๐Ÿ…†๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฟ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 1
    #28026413 -

A new member needs help with his agar work. Because I'm not familiar with gyms, I can't help him much. He seems nice so I thought I'd link his thread here to get him some more help -> Agar ID Request : Likely Gymnopilus Luteus Mycelium Growth on Agar?

Thank you community :blush:


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Grogu]
    #28026416 -

shroomsurf said:
Rusty2096 said:
I have to show off this pic for 2 reasons:




1: I think it's cool can we can see the GWA change color as the myc is eating/using it
2: Shoutout to the member (you know you who are :smile: ) who sent me that swab. You make fucking clean swabs friend :super:



What is GWA change color?

:starwars:



GWA is grain water agar.
Change color is change color :lol:


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bobgas]
    #28026417 -

Bobgas said:
How are these looking?  These are T2.  Iโ€™m looking forward to having clean spawn.






looking good
:raisemyglass:


--------------------
I am not crazy, I prefer the term mentally hillarious.

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture
Recognizing and dealing with contamination

๐Ÿ…ƒ ๐Ÿ„ด ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ผ    ๐Ÿ„ฒ ๐Ÿ„ป ๐Ÿ„ธ ๐Ÿ„ฝ ๐Ÿ„ถ ๐Ÿ…† ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿ„ฐ ๐Ÿ„ฟ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Bobgas]
    #28026422 -

Bobgas said:
How are these looking?  These are T2.  Iโ€™m looking forward to having clean spawn.






I'm not convinced about pic 1. Maybe it's cool but I personally would go to T3 (I'm pretty sure plenty will tell you to go to grain now with it).

Pic 2 seems good from what I can see (weird angle cuz the lid)


--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rusty2096]
    #28026489 -

Thanks both.  Yeah, I have grown to dislike the ziplocks for a couple of reasons.  I plan to stick with petris to use up the supply and then go to condiment cups.

OK.  Iโ€™ll T3 the PE.


--------------------
๐Ÿ…ƒ๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ผ  ๐Ÿ„ฒ๐Ÿ„ป๐Ÿ„ธ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ถ๐Ÿ…†๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ฟ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rusty2096]
    #28026619 -

Rusty2096 said:
shroomsurf said:
Rusty2096 said:
I have to show off this pic for 2 reasons:




1: I think it's cool can we can see the GWA change color as the myc is eating/using it
2: Shoutout to the member (you know you who are :smile: ) who sent me that swab. You make fucking clean swabs friend :super:



What is GWA change color?

:starwars:



GWA is grain water agar.
Change color is change color :lol:



:tongue2:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: rumfor69] * 2
    #28026704 -

rumfor69 said:
Some TCs believe enmeshed mold isn't a thing that happens and question if it's just an old false idea



I don't think it's a false idea just maybe doesn't happen as often as we think. I've seen these conversations on other platforms and there are a lot of different opinions, but I don't think anyone has set in stone that it's a false ideology.

Pretty sure the jury is still out on this one. :lol:


--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato] * 1
    #28027025 -

See you in 7-10 days, then I'll test on agar for both, hopefully I'll get one media bottle clean :smile:...



My first LC...

:cookiemonster:


--------------------


Mushroom Cultivation Techniques...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Grogu]
    #28027082 -

hello hello,

i come back a week later hoping for some input. 4/5 plates I inoculated last week have shown no signs of germination so I'm assuming the spore syringes have perished sitting in the fridge for a couple years. The one dish that's showing activity is from streaking it with spores from a blue oyster print I took from a fruit body I grew on a log roughly around the time the syringes found their cold home.



This one is showing some growth, of something. I'm not 100% sure if it's blue oyster mycelium or some type of yellow mold though. Looking at the branching its doing looks similar to what I found through google, but the bright yellow coloration at the center spot looks suspect to me.

The spot at 12 oclock looks more like what I'm used to seeing from spore germination when working with cubensis on grains, but I'm also eyeing it with reasonable suspicion.

Anyone able to help an agar newb out and confirm that the big greasy looking spot is in fact NOT what I intended? Any input would be much appreciated!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: thehiveatp]
    #28027085 -

The spot in the center is bacteria.. the one at the top, idk.. it's still early. It could be cube mycelium, but I'd give it a little more time and check back

Can you get a clearer picture of the spot at the top?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rotnpins]
    #28027113 -

Rotnpins said:
The spot in the center is bacteria.. the one at the top, idk.. it's still early. It could be cube mycelium, but I'd give it a little more time and check back

Can you get a clearer picture of the spot at the top?



This is the best I managed.. gotta figure out the technique for shooting these things, glares galore. It's more textured than pictured, but still definitely has that glossy dome look the bacteria does.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: thehiveatp]
    #28027136 -

thehiveatp said:
Rotnpins said:
The spot in the center is bacteria.. the one at the top, idk.. it's still early. It could be cube mycelium, but I'd give it a little more time and check back

Can you get a clearer picture of the spot at the top?



This is the best I managed.. gotta figure out the technique for shooting these things, glares galore. It's more textured than pictured, but still definitely has that glossy dome look the bacteria does.





Still really hard to see.. but they picture looks less like mycelium.

There is a good write-up about how to take good pictures of plates.. I'll see if I can find it and edit in the link for you

Edit: I can never seem to find the thread :shrug: it should be in my favorites.. but it's not. . Maybe someone else knows the thread I'm talking about and can share the link with you

Edited by Rotnpins (10/31/22 11:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tormato]
    #28027147 -


Germination plate that I probably left a bit too long waiting for T1. Probably 6 oโ€™clock is the best bet?

Also: considering that this plate is clean, what are the advantages and disadvantages of sending it to grain as is?
From what I understood, and correct me if Iโ€™m wrong: if the purpose is a potential clone selection, one would want the maximum genetic variability in the tub, so a T1 is already detrimental for that goal by narrowing the gene pool with a questionable criteria, behaviour on agarโ€ฆ ?


--------------------
โ€œAll this buttoning and unbuttoningโ€

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: 999999999]
    #28027155 -

Gleyck said:

Germination plate that I probably left a bit too long waiting for T1. Probably 6 oโ€™clock is the best bet?

Also: considering that this plate is clean, what are the advantages and disadvantages of sending it to grain as is?
From what I understood, and correct me if Iโ€™m wrong: if the purpose is a potential clone selection, one would want the maximum genetic variability in the tub, so a T1 is already detrimental for that goal by narrowing the gene pool with a questionable criteria, behaviour on agarโ€ฆ ?




The disadvantage of sending it to grain as is, is that your plate is not clean. There will be plenty of genetic variety in a wedge of *clean* mycelium. No need for an entire plate.


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rotnpins] * 1
    #28027163 -

Rotnpins said:
thehiveatp said:
Rotnpins said:
The spot in the center is bacteria.. the one at the top, idk.. it's still early. It could be cube mycelium, but I'd give it a little more time and check back

Can you get a clearer picture of the spot at the top?



This is the best I managed.. gotta figure out the technique for shooting these things, glares galore. It's more textured than pictured, but still definitely has that glossy dome look the bacteria does.





Still really hard to see.. but they picture looks less like mycelium.

There is a good write-up about how to take good pictures of plates.. I'll see if I can find it and edit in the link for you

Edit: I can never seem to find the thread :shrug: it should be in my favorites.. but it's not. . Maybe someone else knows the thread I'm talking about and can share the link with you



Is it this one? https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27726375#27726375

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Rotnpins] * 1
    #28027232 -

Rotnpins said:
thehiveatp said:
Rotnpins said:
The spot in the center is bacteria.. the one at the top, idk.. it's still early. It could be cube mycelium, but I'd give it a little more time and check back

Can you get a clearer picture of the spot at the top?



This is the best I managed.. gotta figure out the technique for shooting these things, glares galore. It's more textured than pictured, but still definitely has that glossy dome look the bacteria does.





Still really hard to see.. but they picture looks less like mycelium.

There is a good write-up about how to take good pictures of plates.. I'll see if I can find it and edit in the link for you

Edit: I can never seem to find the thread :shrug: it should be in my favorites.. but it's not. . Maybe someone else knows the thread I'm talking about and can share the link with you



I have this:
Taking better Petri dish and shroom grow photos:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=27726375&page=0&vc=1#27726375

That will tell you how to take a pic that's not blurry.

But I think the dot in near the top of that plate pic is bacteria. It's shiny, it's reflecting a little light.

Cube mycelium isn't shiny. Bacteria often is.

Anything I've written here that's really worth reading is linked in the article linked in my sig line called,
"New? Things I wish I'd known when I started here."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 889 | 890 | 891 | 892 | 893 | 894 | 895 | 896 | 897 | 898 | 899 | 900 | 901 | 902 | 903 | 904 | 905 | 906 | 907 | 908 | 909 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,833 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,500 topic views. 14 members, 80 guests and 268 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.024 seconds on 16 queries.